What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HCMM

I don't think he will though. He seems to have loyalty to a fault.
Based on what? Him bringing his guys over from SJSU? I would think his thought process at the time was that bringing over his assistants would help with the rebuild because they'd all be familiar with what MacIntyre expects and how to run a practice. MacIntyre seems like a smart guy, and I think he will give his guys a chance to show that they belong, but he also knows that whether he keeps his job or not is dependent on him winning, and I think that triumphs over everything else. These guys have 12 more weeks to prove they belong, let's see what they are made of now that they are facing more adversity than they ever have at CU.

Uh... yeah, Tini. Are you serious with half your posts?
So where am I wrong? There's not going to be a firing in the middle of the season and if they don't pick it up we'll find out a lot about MacIntyre and whether he has what it takes to succeed here.

All we have to go on with MacIntyre at CU is him bringing most of his staff at SJSU and you think people might be crazy for wondering about loyalty with assistants? How dense are you?

All we have to go on with MacIntyre at CU is him bringing most of his staff at SJSU and you think people might be crazy for wondering about loyalty with assistants? How dense are you?
I mean other than I don't think someone is crazy for thinking that, I was just asking what he was basing it on. I don't really care, goalline could very well be right and MacIntyre is loyal to a fault and that will be what brings him down.

Was last night our attempt at a ball control offense? If our plan is to try and chew up the clock to keep games close this year, my god the horror.

What's everyone's wishlist of staff members to be let go at the end of the season? I think most are assumed and obvious, but let's just put them out there.

Neinas
Jeffcoat

And the rearrangement of responsibilities that hopefully follows.

I want to see some accountability in recruiting. Jeffcoat brings nothing on the field or off it. Neinas too. I've never been high on Baer, but Lindgren isn't doing much for me to love either. Clark is meh. A real RB coach would be nice.

Valid fear. And that's one of the big things that MacIntyre will be evaluated on. If he loses the locker room and this team doesn't claw its way to solid seasons in 2015 and 2016 when the current youth are vets then he will have failed his most important task. I mean, it's not like these guys were recruited with the message of "come to CU and win a January bowl your freshman year". They were recruited on: pieces are in place with a QB who will be starting the next 3 years, a captain of the defense who was a freshman all-american last year, and a facilities project that will be in place in 2015. They were recruited on the vision of what's being built, so if HCMM can't keep them here and engaged for that journey then he will have failed. Simple as that.

2016 with MacIntyre at CU - are you kidding me? Like many other CU fans, you still don't get it. Of course, you predicted this team would go 8-5 this season, correct?

WAC MAC and his staff cannot recruit. Period. He and his milk toast staff cannot motivate at this level either. This team is soft and unemotional. He needs to be gone very soon, and with a high quality AD in Rick George who did not hire him and a 2-10 record this year, I don't expect MacIntyre to last beyond the end the season. Funny how you make excuses for MacIntyre that you would never make for Embree and his staff. Wonder why?

I have lost faith in this staff. Regardless of how bad our recruiting has been, it's better than CSU. We got abused yesterday by a team that does not have the talent we have. That's on the coaches. They failed.

We are stuck with them for another two years, minimum. Might as well get used to disappointment.

2016 with MacIntyre at CU - are you kidding me? Like many other CU fans, you still don't get it. Of course, you predicted this team would go 8-5 this season, correct?

WAC MAC and his staff cannot recruit. Period. He and his milk toast staff cannot motivate at this level either. This team is soft and unemotional. He needs to be gone very soon, and with a high quality AD in Rick George who did not hire him and a 2-10 record this year, I don't expect MacIntyre to last beyond the end the season. Funny how you make excuses for MacIntyre that you would never make for Embree and his staff. Wonder why?

It wasn't a lack of recruiting that lost the game yesterday. Regardless of our level of recruiting, we have always been better than CSU on LOI day.

My feelings and thoughts are so mixed, I feel and think one thing one minute and something else the next. Hell if I know what the answer is. I feel like a manic/depressive right now. I was SOOOOOO pissed and bummed last night. Not that I am any less so now.

You thought the "8 wins" thing was some sort of serious analysis? :lol: I rarely participate in those threads and when I do I goof around with it. Hell, I think I said "69-0" for last night's game. Nice to know I've got a fan who is hanging on my every word as gospel, though. You should go back and read some of my "****ty Previews" I used to do for pre-games. There'd be a lot of fodder for you in those if you want to take everything literally.

As far as supporting MacIntyre when I didn't with Embree, there's actually some evidence that MacIntyre knows how to coach a football team and, further, that he knows how to rebuild a program.

You're clearly hung up on the Embree thing. fwiw, I supported and tried to sell Embree when most of this board was extremely skeptical of the hire. If you want to criticize me, it should be for that.

It was a bad hire for the wrong reasons and it went to **** quickly. It would have been great if it had worked, but it clearly was not.

I'm not sure why you can't accept that.

Hell, you should at least be able to look at things this year and realize that if Embree was even recruiting moderately well that we wouldn't have the huge holes in our upper classes right now. Quick example - the calling cards for Embree and EB were TE and RB. Where are the players at those positions that are difference-makers?

I don't know that MacIntyre will be successful here. Some things are certainly being done in a much better way. Some things are questionable. There's been very little "ra-ra" around MacIntyre today. Based on last night, we still suck.

I have lost faith in this staff. Regardless of how bad our recruiting has been, it's better than CSU. We got abused yesterday by a team that does not have the talent we have. That's on the coaches. They failed.

We are stuck with them for another two years, minimum. Might as well get used to disappointment.

i predict we we will have a new coach for 2016.

Yes, that accounts for his 11-2 record, but it doesn't explain why he could play more talented teams tougher. Stanford and BYU (who they beat) were not part of that easier conference.
Look at Utah for your answer to this question. There is a world of difference in playing 8 mediocre opponents, 2 moderately good ones, and 2 very good ones, vs 2 mediocre, 6 moderately good and 4 very good teams. And the difference doesn't just show up in your record. It shows up in the injury report, it shows up in cumulative aches and pains, it shows up in your endurance, simply put, it shows up in places that make it very difficult to play a close game against a very good team.

Not an excuse for the first game of the season, but I don't think it's ever fair to compare the performances of two different teams against a common opponent unless the teams have similar schedules both prior to and after that common opponent.

You thought the "8 wins" thing was some sort of serious analysis? :lol: I rarely participate in those threads and when I do I goof around with it.
Bull****! You predicted 8 wins! Now live with it!

Last edited:
Bull****! You predicted 8 wins! Now life with it!

:lol:

OK. I'll be "8 wins guy" this season. For better or worse, it's more fun that being in the 90% that said somewhere between 3 and 5. :smile2:

"Milk toast", toast dipped in milk. Milquetoast, a weak, timid or bland person. :lol:

I'm guessing he meant the bland part of it, then. I don't know him well enough to say whether he's bland. Guys like Belichick and Dungy come across to me as bland, but behind closed doors they may not be. All sorts of personalities are successful in CEO type roles as long as they're talented, driven and adopt a leadership style that's true to who they are.

HCMM had a staff that had turned around a ****ty program and took them to an 11-2 record. I don't think "loyalty" was the reason he brought them all with him.

If he doesn't make a change this year though, I think "too loyal," "too cocky / still thinks he's right," and "too proud to admit he made a mistake" may all be valid criticisms. I do think it's still too early to make those charges, in four months time, we might be able to make them.

In four months time, there's also a chance that we may be cheering him with "good call getting rid of X, Y and Z coaches," and "excellent hiring choice for A, B, and C assistants." Alternatively, it may be "good call getting rid of X, Y and Z, but WTF are you doing replacing them with these clowns?!?!"

In the meantime we have 3 months of ****ty football to watch. Go Buffs.

It appears what MM did at SJSU will not work at CU and Div I power 5 conference football.

That is absolutely true. SJ state would never have been ranked if they had played in a power conference.

The biggest difference to me between power/non-power conferences is recruiting. In non-power conferences you can find and develop unknown gems. I love that because that is real coaching. However, in power conferences you need a whole team of gems...you have to go after and get the established gems. You have to be a real salesman to kids and their families. Being a good coach and a good salesman are often times at odds with one another. Dan Hawkins was a good coach in the same manor as MM.

...but MM will come through eventually. He is on his way up and has to learn somewhere - this is his first major conference team.

Watch Chris Petersen up at WU...he is in the same boat. The media loved him and he is a heck of a coach. His current team is loaded thanks to recruiter Sark. ...but wait and see how he does on the recruiting trail in the next few years??????

Last edited:
Kind of like how Urban Meyer wasn't successful at Florida because his experience had been coaching MAC and MWC teams. Worse, those programs had been located completely outside the UF footprint.

Kind of like how Urban Meyer wasn't successful at Florida because his experience had been coaching MAC and MWC teams. Worse, those programs had been located completely outside the UF footprint.

And Meyer also had very good success for more than just 1 season before coming to Florida

On News 4 sports, Reggie said CU had 41 kids who saw their first college action last night. That cannot be true. Maybe suited up, but not "see action." How come it seems like we are one of the youngest teams in college football every ****ing year? I'm surprised we don't have a couple of players named Dorian Gray and Ponce De Leon.

At any rate, do you buy the "youth" excuse?

On News 4 sports, Reggie said CU had 41 kids who saw their first college action last night. That cannot be true. Maybe suited up, but not "see action." How come it seems like we are one of the youngest teams in college football every ****ing year? I'm surprised we don't have a couple of players named Dorian Gray and Ponce De Leon.

At any rate, do you buy the "youth" excuse?

Florida isn't in our recruiting footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back