What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

he did a good job at the presser

Anyone have a link to the full presser? P12 and buffzone only have the "highlights"

I caught some of the presser on my way home and was impressed but then again I was also impressed and excited after hearing JE's presser. I have no doubt that he will do better than JE but it'll have to proven to me that he can win at this level. I did like how he said he plans to emphasize recruiting, especially in-state and in Cali.

Funny, but I wasn't that impressed with JE's intro presser. Never he had that spark. Now, I was not in favor in favor of this hire, but I will say Mac is definitely different than Hawk and JE and that's a

I didn't watch, a friend tweeted Bohn said "Allow me to introduce our second choice." I have a very hard time believing that. Can someone confirm if this was said or not.

Even Bohn isn't that dumb... I mean, he's really ****ing dumb. But you would have to have the intelligence of a two year old to be THAT stupid

Funny, but I wasn't that impressed with JE's intro presser. Never he had that spark. Now, I was not in favor in favor of this hire, but I will say Mac is definitely different than Hawk and JE and that's a

How do you keep a bunch of 35 year olds in suspense?

:lol: It amazes me after Bohn's last two hires that all of a sudden, this is the "great hire". Caution seems best here but cu fans must have short term memory loss.

Honestly asking what would have been a good hire? Be realistic as you can on the names because CU is not quite the destination we would all like it to be. Maybe someday, but right now I think HCMM is one of the coaches that should be considered a good to great hire from the list that would consider CU.

As an add on, I am going to be optimistic that Mac will be able take what he learned from turning the disaster at SJST and translate it to the CU program. I am all in and am looking forward to him making some progress on recruiting.

As an add on, I am going to be optimistic that Mac will be able take what he learned from turning the disaster at SJST and translate it to the CU program. I am all in and am looking forward to him making some progress on recruiting.

He'll do very well in recruiting and he'll fix things rather quickly IMO. The other aspect that makes this a good hire is that he actually knows how to coach. Congrats. Nice pickup for CU.

"Doing the Riverdance" shouldn't be viewed as unrealistic optimism. Look at where we have been the last few years. We've been at the bottom of the bottom of the barrel. We suck. If you're a CU fan, you need to be excited about this hire until it's proven to be a bad one. All in. I'm 100% behind the coach until it's shown that he can't get the job done.

So far, we haven't heard anybody say that his success at SJSU was a fluke. We haven't heard anybody claim that his success came as the result of somebody else's talent. He has turned around a moribund program. He does know how to recruit in the areas where we desperately need recruiting success. He is a proven winner. There's really nothing to bitch about, unless you're just looking to bitch because it comes naturally to you.

Lots of Dawg fans and message boards are thinking this is a good hire for CU.

As soon as next year we're not expecting CU to be a gimme win anymore...

Lots of Dawg fans and message boards are thinking this is a good hire for CU.

As soon as next year we're not expecting CU to be a gimme win anymore...

To me that means the Pac-12 recognizes we have the talent on our roster, just needed the good coaching. Hope the dogs are right.

Ok finished the presser. Wow is the local media there a bunch of downers. They seemed to be dampening his enthusiasm. Kyle Ringo made Daria sound like Andy Dick. He seemed to loosen everybody up by the end though. I was impressed with the presser. He seems to have a good grasp of the job and a plan in mind. He has a plan for scouting and recruiting in-state, and that is where you start. You build your base with in state then work out from there. But he seems quick witted, adaptable, and positive. You really need to sell your vision when you are losing, and there will be some losing at first. Now lets gets those facilities built.

am interested myself. do wonder why some don't think speed or quality resides in Texas. since i'm originally from CA I've seen both sides of the fence and understand the logic...but staying in your comfort zone isn't always a good thing.
There is a ton of speed and quality in Texas. I heard him say that he will recruit Texas (and he thinks having Jeffcoat Sr on staff is a plus for recruiting Texas) but that recruiting Cal harder because of the tv coverage in Cal compared to Texas. I don't think he isn't going to recruit it, he's just going to focus on areas that he thinks will be more fruitful.

Honestly asking what would have been a good hire? Be realistic as you can on the names because CU is not quite the destination we would all like it to be. Maybe someday, but right now I think HCMM is one of the coaches that should be considered a good to great hire from the list that would consider CU.

Asking Syko to be realistic is totally unrealistic! He spends too much time, way too close to artillery batteries when they are in full barrage mode!

Mud huggers are like that, ya know.

I'm really conflicted. I have to say, I was impressed by his press conference. I'm certainly behind him. At this level, you need to put together a great staff. Lets wee how that goes.

I'm really conflicted. I have to say, I was impressed by his press conference. I'm certainly behind him. At this level, you need to put together a great staff. Lets wee how that goes.

He's good DBT. He's really good...

Uh oh, it's the 'naame other coaches who would have been better" retort. Once AGAIN, CU, BOHN,BENSON AND PHIL HAVE RUINED FOOTBALL so, realistically we weren't going to get a top name. MY point is, why are people tossing themselves over a guy they never heard of 3 weeks ago? After Bohn's last 2 hires and 7 years of this product, I think it's quite realistic to be very cautious instead of claiming what a perfect fit and great hire this is.

You want to do cartwheels go ahead, past 7 years tells me caution.

"Doing the Riverdance" shouldn't be viewed as unrealistic optimism. Look at where we have been the last few years. We've been at the bottom of the bottom of the barrel. We suck. If you're a CU fan, you need to be excited about this hire until it's proven to be a bad one. All in. I'm 100% behind the coach until it's shown that he can't get the job done.

So far, we haven't heard anybody say that his success at SJSU was a fluke. We haven't heard anybody claim that his success came as the result of somebody else's talent. He has turned around a moribund program. He does know how to recruit in the areas where we desperately need recruiting success. He is a proven winner. There's really nothing to bitch about, unless you're just looking to bitch because it comes naturally to you.

Go ahead dance. I've heard this song and dance before. I'm behind him, not behind claims of great hire just yet. Shouldn't we see some results before going overboard as usual?

Asking Syko to be realistic is totally unrealistic! He spends too much time, way too close to artillery batteries when they are in full barrage mode!

Mud huggers are like that, ya know.

Yeah, I should be realistic like you. You said the same about hawk and embree didn't you? But you don't learn is that what you're telling me? Sounds like you spent too much time in the gas chamber without your mask.

Uh oh, it's the 'naame other coaches who would have been better" retort. Once AGAIN, CU, BOHN,BENSON AND PHIL HAVE RUINED FOOTBALL so, realistically we weren't going to get a top name. MY point is, why are people tossing themselves over a guy they never heard of 3 weeks ago? After Bohn's last 2 hires and 7 years of this product, I think it's quite realistic to be very cautious instead of claiming what a perfect fit and great hire this is.

You want to do cartwheels go ahead, past 7 years tells me caution.

Really was interested not trying to be a dick. Wanted to see what you wanted done instead of this move or what would have gotten your confidence up. That really was the purpose of the question.

Yeah, I should be realistic like you. You said the same about hawk and embree didn't you? But you don't learn is that what you're telling me? Sounds like you spent too much time in the gas chamber without your mask.

And what did everyone in America say about the Hawk hire? He was the next big thing according to everyone including the national media, show me one person that called that a bad hire at the time and it will be the first. On to the Embree hire, as we ALLLLLLLLLLLL know, Bohn was against that choice, he was force fed that decision, it is very well documented. I don't blame Bohn for the last two coaches, the extra year to Hawk was a mistake, yes but add in the hoops success and I like the job Bohn is doing. Plus he ever threw out and Allbuffs" shout out in the opening of the presser today.

Come on in, the water is warm and the Buffs are heading in the right direction. We have been arguably the worst team in FBS the past two seasons and until HCMM is proven incompetent I will be very pleased at his hiring and looking forward to the first real coach in 7 years!

Go ahead dance. I've heard this song and dance before. I'm behind him, not behind claims of great hire just yet. Shouldn't we see some results before going overboard as usual?

Frankly, no. We should be thrilled that the AD recognized the mistake it made in hiring Embree in the first place. We should be impressed that they have committed a substantial amount to hiring his replacement. We should be impressed that they made an attempt to get some highly regarded BCS coaches. We should be excited about the future of our team. That's what fans do.

Last edited:
:lol: It amazes me after Bohn's last two hires that all of a sudden, this is the "great hire". Caution seems best here but cu fans must have short term memory loss.

It amazes me that you think once a person makes a few bad choices, all of their choices are bad. He didn't reach AD level by making a bunch of horrible decisions along the way. But if you think his judgement is so awful, maybe landing his "2nd choice" isn't a bad thing and Butch Jones saved Bohn from himself and saved the CU program? Time will tell.

Back