What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Heard a funny story about Barry Switzer yesterday

They had to leave a bunch of **** out of Boz's biography or OU would have gotten the death penalty. Switzer played fast and loose with the rules until it caught up to him. Anyone that says otherwise is a ****ing moron.

They had to leave a bunch of **** out of Boz's biography or OU would have gotten the death penalty. Switzer played fast and loose with the rules until it caught up to him. Anyone that says otherwise is a ****ing moron.

Hell, even as an old man in Dallas he was arrested for trying to carry a gun onto a plane or something. Maybe not a huge deal, but, he doesnt do **** by the rules. Blamed his grandson for planting it in his bag??:lol::lol:

Hell, even as an old man in Dallas he was arrested for trying to carry a gun onto a plane or something. Maybe not a huge deal, but, he doesnt do **** by the rules. Blamed his grandson for planting it in his bag??:lol::lol:

When you are carrying that much cocaine, you have to carry a piece.:smile2:

here something for your pipe..... go to any Sooner board and no one talks about Colorado..... hmmmm I wonder why..... I know..... do you.....

Go to any Sooner board and you won't find Colorado fans hanging around demanding that Sooner fans suck CU's **** and go along with bull**** revisionist history about the dirtiest character ever to sully the college football stage. Hmmmmmm, wonder why.... I know.... You clearly don't...

Go to any Sooner board and you won't find Colorado fans hanging around demanding that Sooner fans suck CU's **** and go along with bull**** revisionist history about the dirtiest character ever to sully the college football stage. Hmmmmmm, wonder why.... I know.... You clearly don't...

Switzer dirtier than Osborne or Jackie Sherrill?

Maybe, but it's a close race, IMO.

:lol:

if you were listing the top 5 dirtiest college football coaches of all time, i would think sherrill and switzer would make the list, but i don't think osborne would. he's certainly not the angel he is portrayed to be by the fusker cultists, but he was not unusually dirty for his era... maybe top 20 dirtiest of all time, but not top 5...

this is actually a good idea for its own thread... top 5 dirtiest coaches of all time...

someone start it, i am too lazy.:lol:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Dr. Slime is a distant third in that race.

Switzer/Sherrill would be a hell of a matchup. Vegas would have to make that one a pick 'em, I would guess.... :cool:

As someone who couldn't stand Switzer in the early 1990's, and actually kindof likes the guy now, I think he has taken a pretty bad rap.

I see a lot of people calling him "slimeball" and cheater and all that - but I don't see any real legitimate information by people making these claims. Lots of allegations, not much substance. I think Switzer's biggest crime was just turning a blind eye to a lot of the bad things going on in his progr.

Are we forgetting about osborne hiding players' guns from the authorities? Conveniently massaging the rules to allow guys like Lawrence Phillips to play, then unceremoniously kicking them to the curb once their value to the fusker football team had run it's course? I don't even think Switzer would have pulled the sh!t that Osborne did in 1991 with the voting in the coaches poll.

Osborne was every bit as big of a scumbag as Switzer, IMO. We can argue this all day, it's not something that could ever be completely settled. As liver says, it makes for a good discussion.

Are we forgetting about osborne hiding players' guns from the authorities? Conveniently massaging the rules to allow guys like Lawrence Phillips to play, then unceremoniously kicking them to the curb once their value to the fusker football team had run it's course? I don't even think Switzer would have pulled the sh!t that Osborne did in 1991 with the voting in the coaches poll.

Osborne was every bit as big of a scumbag as Switzer, IMO. We can argue this all day, it's not something that could ever be completely settled. As liver says, it makes for a good discussion.

AND The Weasel was a congressman - that seals the deal for me.

as i've posted a few times....i went to jr. high and high school in Norman after my folks got divorced and about a year later my mom remarried and we moved to Norman. i moved back to Colorado after i graduated. but, i knew Barry's oldest son Greg, played baseball with and against him for years. spent some time at the Switzers and one of the other assistants' Merv Johnson also had a son i played sports with. Merv is about as stand-up a guy as there is.

i think Barry is a pretty good guy and I do think he really cared about his players from bad socio-economic backgrounds; but, i think he was unbelievably naive about the nature of a lot of the kids he was recruiting from California and Florida....from Buster Rhymes to Charles Thompson and Holieway....insofar as what 18 year olds in Norman are up to and what 18 year olds in Compton or Miami are up to. at the time, in the mid 80's, i do think he bent the rules pretty much anyway was possible, but everybody did then recruiting the Texas athlete.

i have no doubt OU was state of the art in lack of "institutional control" but i don't think it was a malicious or intentional criminal cheating machine.

Last edited:
Allbuffs Rule #1: Anyone who´s talking about Norman, Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma, its employees, former employees, scholarship students etc. without UBT´s approval is talking out of his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
The legend of Barry Switzer lives on!

UBT
I neg repped you for this. Barry Switzer has done more good in his life for others, even people that he doesnt even know, than you ever will even if you live 5 lifetimes....

****ing asshole count me out going ot the UT game too. I have better things to do with my time that spend it with little pricks like you...

I'm willing to engage in discusion about Switzer and the shadow he cast on football. I'm willing to bury the hatchet and try to bring some resolution to this BS spat. Then we can move on to any outstanding personal issues.

It's a small world and our paths might cross again sometime. Maybe during CU-NU weekend or maybe in Norman or at some other football related venue.

The offer is on the table. It's your call. It's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
The legend of Barry Switzer lives on!

I'm willing to engage in discusion about Switzer and the shadow he cast on football. I'm willing to bury the hatchet and try to bring some resolution to this BS spat. Then we can move on to any outstanding personal issues.

It's a small world and our paths might cross again sometime. Maybe during CU-NU weekend or maybe in Norman or at some other football related venue.

The offer is on the table. It's your call. It's all good.

does this mean you guys won't be snorting coke off of a hooker's ass together any time soon?

does this mean you guys won't be snorting coke off of a hooker's ass together any time soon?

Hey, there's an idea. Can we use your home for this blow out? Just provide access to your liquor cabnet and I promise not to piss in your shower.:thumbsup:

Does Mike Price count as a top 20 dirtbag coach? Or should he be in the top ten stupid coach club? Regardless...Switzer was a good coach while at Oklahoma albeit a slimy one.

Hey, there's an idea. Can we use your home for this blow out? Just provide access to your liquor cabnet and I promise not to piss in your shower.:thumbsup:

um, er, sure, if it would help obtain a peace settlement. maybe you guys could put me in for a nobel then since they seem to have liberalized the standards for awarding them.

just let me know when so that i can have plastic tarps placed on everything in advance. you'll have to bring your own hookers and blow. i have whisky.

:smile2:

um, er, sure, if it would help obtain a peace settlement. maybe you guys could put me in for a nobel then since they seem to have liberalized the standards for awarding them.

just let me know when so that i can have plastic tarps placed on everything in advance. you'll have to bring your own hookers and blow. i have whisky.

:smile2:

As has become my custom for every party I attend, I'll bring the hookers and Diet Pepsi. Mom raised me right.:thumbsup:

Are you kidding me? Liver's got pigeon **** all over his ****ing shirt. No way I party at his place...

I have submitted your nomination to the Nobel committee based on the hope you've brought to this situation for the possibility of a potentially peaceful settlement.... :thumbsup:

Who is going to maintain this peace if it comes to pass? Will we need to post observers in various locations to monitor the belligerents and ensure that no new fighting breaks out?

I have submitted your nomination to the Nobel committee based on the hope you've brought to this situation for the possibility of a potentially peaceful settlement.... :thumbsup:

Who is going to maintain this peace if it comes to pass? Will we need to post observers in various locations to monitor the belligerents and ensure that no new fighting breaks out?

as long as we keep them stocked in hookers, blow, and whisky, they ought to get along swimmingly.

Back