What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Heisman Presentation (a.k.a. RGIII total domination) thread.

love me some college football - but, wow, you could really see (hear) that great sec edumencation?? rg3 sounded like a rocket scientist compared to sec guys.... and luck, well you know

He threw one pick against CU. That ball bounced off the receivers hands. I agree with the opinion that Luck was so good that perfection was expected. The guy played pretty well even against Oregon. Stanford's defense lost that game, not Luck.

Whatever. The Heisman has turned into a popularity contest anyway. People look at RGIII and get caught up in the story. Andrew Luck is the best college football player in the country, but that isn't really what's important.

Luck is the 2nd bext college QB in the 2011 college football season. Luck is the 3rd best overall player behind RGIII and Mathieu IMO

And I can agree that it has turned into a popularity contest, except for this year. This was the first time since 2002 that the winner is not playing in the national title game. So if it were truly a popularity contest this year it doesn't go to RGIII or Luck, instead Mathieu or Richardson.

I think the right guy won it and I ****ing hate Bailer. Mathieu was interesting, he's a hell of a football player. Imho tho, he isnt the best corner on his own team, that would be Claiborne. However, Mathieu is a better football player all around since he's in the return game and causes turnovers like a mofo. He gets sacks too. Had him and Luck a tie for second. Think RG3 basically won it with 2 games, OU and Texas. The Texas game probably cemented it, they have a good D and he tore their ass up.

love me some college football - but, wow, you could really see (hear) that great sec edumencation?? rg3 sounded like a rocket scientist compared to sec guys.... and luck, well you know
TM7 has a heavy cajun accent and Richardson grew up in the hood so I'm not sure what you expected, it has little to do with education at Alabama or LSU.

TM7 has a heavy cajun accent and Richardson grew up in the hood so I'm not sure what you expected, it has little to do with education at Alabama or LSU.

Tini, it is often by getting a quality education that improves or refines one's self. So it does have a lot to do with it, not that you would understand, obviously.

Tini, it is often by getting a quality education that improves or refines one's self. So it does have a lot to do with it, not that you would understand, obviously.
It has much more to do with the lack of education and where he grew up than how his speaking would improve by being in college. Or he could have a speech issue. It is very doubtful that Richardson or TM7 got a good education growing up.

It has much more to do with the lack of education and where he grew up than how his speaking would improve by being in college. Or he could have a speech issue. It is very doubtful that Richardson or TM7 got a good education growing up.

Right, and both players grew up in SEC country. Not to slam the quality of education they received, but good education standards are not exactly known to be the overall norm in the deep south. Higher education standards are mostly reflective of grade school standards in that region (How many AAU members are in the SEC?). So what is your point?

Right, and both players grew up in SEC country. Not to slam the quality of education they received, but good education standards are not exactly known to be the overall norm in the deep south. Higher education standards are mostly reflective of grade school standards in that region (How many AAU members are in the SEC?). So what is your point?
I'm not defending SEC academics but you don't need to be a good speaker to get into college. If you have a rough family situation growing up while being in a part of Florida that is really rough you're likely not going to have great speech skills. Point is their ability to communicate, or lack thereof is more about their early education and not about the education they received at LSU or Alabama. I don't see the issue though. If it had not been for college football, the cycle of poverty for their families would continue.

I don't see the issue though. If it had not been for college football, the cycle of poverty for their families would continue.

So you believe the SEC should just be minor league NFL. I agree. Let's not pretend those schools care about academics anymore.

So you believe the SEC should just be minor league NFL. I agree. Let's not pretend those schools care about academics anymore.
You think they ever cared about academics? And it would be tough for the majority of the schools to care about academics in the South other than Florida or Georgia.

You think they ever cared about academics? And it would be tough for the majority of the schools to care about academics in the South other than Florida or Georgia.

But then they shouldn't be competing with schools that do. If they are, then we have every right to criticize their lack of education. They criticize our lack of athletes.

Last edited:
Back