What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Helfrich versus Kiesau

Idot Buff

Even with a payout coming from CU for early termination, Kiesau obviously has to be kicking himself for not making the jump to Oregon last year. And Helfrich is counting his blessings in a big way. One guy now with huge salary and career upside, and the other screwing the pooch, hoping for a gig wherever he can get it.....

Kiesau will do just fine, thanks. Hell, he gets a buyout just like Hawk did. Not as much, but he gets a buyout and he is probably still pretty highly regarded in the coaching community. So, he will get a job pretty quick and get the buy out bonus to boot.

Unless Embree and EB have their sights set on someone specific, might he just stay on as his old position as a wr coach. The dude is a solid assistant and recruiter, I wouldn't mind him staying on as wr/passing game coach.

Unless Embree and EB have their sights set on someone specific, might he just stay on as his old position as a wr coach. The dude is a solid assistant and recruiter, I wouldn't mind him staying on as wr/passing game coach.
Nor would I. I wonder if the admin is "encouraging" JE to make such a decision? It would save a half mil.

Becoming a coordinator at CU is a very good thing for Kies. I believe his experience here, will be a good thing for his career.

Becoming a coordinator at CU is a very good thing for Kies. I believe his experience here, will be a good thing for his career.

Don't disagree, but he would be in a hell of a lot better position today had he bailed out last year for Oregon. And, the baggage associated with his time under Danny will considerably weigh down his short-term advancement. If he is any good (and the jury is out), then he likely lost 3-5 years on his career.

I've had the same thought. People don't seem to think much of Kennedy as a coach, just as a recruiter. Kiesau is a pretty good recruiter, at least decent as a WR coach, and already under contract.

Of course, after the demotion he's going to be gone for the first opportunity he gets elsewhere, so the question is, how much is getting Kennedy worth to us?

He is 38. A bit much to act like he killed his career.

I am more than fine letting him move on as well.

Back