1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hell hath frozen over - I agree with Kisla

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Oct 17, 2010.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Typical Monday morning quarterback negativity, but I think Kisla has outlined the best reasonable plan to pull it together for the rest of the season and get some momentum going into next season:

We bring back Mac and a bowl game is still possible and the 2011 recruiting class can be salvaged.

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Even Woelk is now advocating a coaching change.

He even went so far as to suggest that it might be necessary to act sooner (as in during the season) rather than later to fire Hawkins.

3. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I am a sooner fan myself. And no, not a Boomer Sooner fan, just a 'the sooner CU is rid of the rotting stink of Hawkins' the better. Sorry, but I knew that if CU beat Baylor then we almost certaily would be stuck with Hawk for the whole season. I want him gone Monday afternoon. (sooner--but it takes time to set up the press conference).

4. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I thought there were financial implications if he were officially fired befor Jan 1st, right?

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

There is no reason to keep Hawkins around. He is dead man walking, every recruit know that he is gone. Get rid of him and see if something positive can't happen for the rest of the season.

6. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

While I appreciate the optimism for a bowl game I think, at this point, CU needs to start looking towards salvaging a recruiting class and building a foundation for the PAC. It's obvious at this point that Hawk has checked out and is on coaching cruise control which is doing nothing but hurting this team. I think we need to consider ourselves fortunate for any additional win this year.

7. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

How fast can we get someone to make a zombie picture that looks like D2D with the creepy halloween type font saying 'Dead man walking'? That would be great to wear to the next game. To give to D2D's paper boy so he can wear it every day. To the sutdents to wear around the campus (and Bohn gets one overnighted to him).

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

As long as it is powder blue.

9. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

this

10. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

yep, that

11. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

If anything a bowl game would be nice as the payout would help fund the Hawkins buyout...

12. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

With the possibility of losing out the rest of the year and the fans backlash against Hawkins, the greater financial impact could be in KEEPING Hawkins for the rest of the season.

Coach Mac would put butts in seats and probably encourage alumni donations to rally around the program.

Even if the result on the field is the same for the rest of the season, the direction of the program would certainly be heading in the right direction.

13. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Coach Hawkins has another great chance to beat a hapless South team, this time, Texas Tech with their lost-in-offense-power-wilderness coach, that defensive genius, Tammy Tuberville. Talk about a wuss-monger. Tub's seen his offense explode out against two opponents, then pulls his head in like a frightened turtle and cripple his plays with a run-only option.

With all this great altitude eroding teams right and left, and our fantastic homefield advantage with Coach Hawks' fervent supporters, I have faith we can see another sure-fired guaranteed win.

For one of these teams. Coach Hawks gives me faith.

(Realistically, I'm more concerned about what prospects and their HS coaches are getting - or aren't - from Coach Hawk and his staff.)