1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Henderson is back!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dio, Aug 12, 2009.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Although he might be speaking the truth:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13041529

Guy is still a douche, CU hater

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

He does speak the truth, but he certainly relishes any shot he can take at our program. You get the sense he enjoyed writing that crap.

3. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

If you really think about, creating these monstrosities of facilities also serves to isolate the athletes form the rest of the college experience, making them more and more like "mercenaries" and less and less like "student athletes".

From reading about the facilities at the usual FB factories and others(like KU) they're also necessary to avoid the huge down-side of having to live in crappy, high humidity, awful weather places, like Lincoln, Austin, Columbus, Baton RougeLawrence....all the rest of garbagey America--can you hear me, SEC college towns. We don't need no steenkin' domes nor dumpy sale barns for facilities to cover the ten times a year it MIGHT be unpleasnat to practice outside.

This is Colorado after all! Our weather is beautiful and LIVEABLE most of the time!

I'll buy into upgrades for Dal Ward and expansions/improvements to other facilitites, but not at the expense of creating massive cocoons for only approx. 350 overly-pampered kids who should be students first----Damn it to hell with the rest of 'em, FB factories that is!

4. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

If the article came after five stories glorifying CU's student athletes, and praising the administration for producing solid citizens, then it would be a fair shot. A little balance, please ....

Otherwise, it's just a rip article - because there is nothing else to rip.

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I take solace in the fact print infotainment is dying. Johnny boy will have to get a different job before too long...until then, he's about as important to me as Kleenex I just threw away...

6. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Wow. Just wow. That is all I can say.

That, and you must not value your used Kleenex as much as I do.:lol:

(at least, it is valued way more than I value him-- had to clarify for those slower NU fans on the board.)

7. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I guess CU should join the IVY league where athletic scholarships are not allowed. I have saved a copy of your post so I can give it to Bohn the next time he bugs me for money - which will probably be before the end of the week - it will put him in his place.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yeah. I believe that nice facilities, like a brand spankin' new field house, would benefit all students.

9. Duff Man

Yeah, we need to upgrade facilities. A permanent football practice facility would be nice.

10. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I don't know that CU has to get into an Arms race but it would be nice if...

---Folsom was sold out with a waiting list (hot local ticket).

---A little more financial support.

--- A reasonable basketball program.

While I am at it how about a date for me with Jessica Alba.

11. Duff Man

Not sure which one on that list is the most reasonable.:thumbsup:

12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I agree. It would be a mistake to get ourselves in a arms race with the rest of the conference.

Didn't CSU build new facilities with no real plan on how they were going to pay for the projects? If so I'd be worried if I were a lamb fan.

13. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

spend away. when Kansas and Iowa can build this let me know :smile2:

[​IMG]

Hugegroove likes this.
  14. Duff Man

We do not need to get into an arms, just have a concrete plan for upgrading the facilities. The b-ball practice facility will be a big step.

CSU bonded their indoor facility. Do not think it is going too well in the current economic climate.

15. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

wow, that looks exactly like the picture hanging over my fireplace right now. :smile2:

16. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Gotta love Mr. Henderson's ability to state the obvious. Way to go John. :thumbsup:

As we all know having the indoor practice facility in Lincoln that could pass as a D2 stadium was the difference maker in that 57 yard field goal last November. :smile2:

17. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Agreed, he does point out the obvious. However, he's still a douche!!! Henderson and Griffen are twin sons of different mothers as they generally write garbage that has no redeeming social value. :cry: