1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here is what I know...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by CUHills, Apr 11, 2010.

1. CUHills

CUHills New Member

There is a team meeting today where Bzdelik is going to tell the team he is taking the job at
    Wake. He is going there tomorrow to "interview" and accept the job. He has already offered
    McClain to come with him to be his top assistant and be the highest paid assistant coach in
    the ACC. Bzdelik knows McClain is a great recruiter and got all our guys here and wants to
    stay with him. I also know for a fact that McClain told Bzdelik no because he wants this job.
    Him, his wife, his son moved to colorado 3 years ago and want to be here for the long run.
    Everyone in the program is extremely pissed Bzdelik is leaving and the ship will completely
    sink should McClain not get this job

NiTownBuff and Buffnik like this.
  2. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Thanks for info, Hills.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That is a bit reactionary. Emotions are high right now. McClain may be the right person for the job. The loyalty the players feel toward him is a major factor in his favor. But I have trouble accepting that it's automatic "DOOM" if someone else was hired. There are a lot of coaches out there who would be able to hold this team together and bring in this important recruiting class.

I'm actually a McClain supporter. I believe he'd do a great job for CU. I'm just saying that we need to go through the process and hire him for the right reasons.

Thanks for the info, Hills. Glad to have you on AllBuffs.

4. ZackShapiro

ZackShapiro New Member

McClain is the only logical succession to Bzdelik. He's familiar with the job Bzdelik has done over the past seasons and create continuity. I don't think Bzdelik is done here. Next year is our big season and he, of all people, should see that. Next year, our last year with Higgins, is our prime time to hit the NCAA tournament or at the very least, the NIT. I'm sad to see Coach so eager to get away from CU. He tried hard last off-season and he's trying hard now.

Jeff Bzdelik is a good guy and I look forward to following his career though I am sad to see him abandon a job that's almost done.

5. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Is McClain the Shooter looking guy who coached the team during the time that Bzz was away while the Buffs were in Maui?

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

yes mcclain loves the picket fence

OUBuff likes this.
  7. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

Yes, that's him. Coach John McClain, badass...

[​IMG]

8. buff4bcs1985

no he means...

[​IMG]

that eerie

9. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad.

I'm surprised that hair style hasn't taken off more than it has.

10. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

This is a tricky scenario. Alec Burks' dad made some chilling remarks that would lead one to believe that if McClain is not the chosen one, then AB is gone. While that would totally suck, one player should not dictate AD decisions. Besides, Burks will likely declare after next season anyways. The school needs to do whats in the best interest in the long-term for CU basketball. Sadly, I don't have much faith in our decision-makers.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Higgins wouldn't follow Bz to Wake so he could play 1 year year of college ball close to his had, would he? Nahhh....

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

So - The report now states that Buzz told the team he HAS NOT received an offer. What's up with dat?

13. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Sorry, every time I see or hear "what up wit dat?" I think of this...

[video=youtube;ELag3LFbVIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELag3LFbVIc[/video]

Also, pretty much the way I felt when I read this for the first time Friday night. :huh:

14. buff4bcs1985

ugh this is nightmarish... maybe where all caught in the fog of war and this is all bull****... maybe... and maybe my fat ass is the worlds great athlete

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Technicality. He will get an offer very soon and accept it.

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Bzz should be castrated. Anyone have any fingernail clippers?