What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Here's a fun thought

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
If we had kicked our extra points...

Baylor would not have gone for the 2 point conversion it made since going for it would have risked only being up by 2 instead of 3...

So, we would have only been down a field goal on that last drive instead of needing a touchdown...

Therefore, despite all the missed opportunities not capitalizing on turnovers and despite our defense being unable to force a single punt...

We were still just 2 boneheaded Hawkins moves from going to overtime.

I think we're getting better.

Baylor would not have gone for the 2 point conversion it made since going for it would have risked only being up by 2 instead of 3...

So, we would have only been down a field goal on that last drive instead of needing a touchdown...

Therefore, despite all the missed opportunities not capitalizing on turnovers and despite our defense being unable to force a single punt...

But what is that 1 variable holding us back again???

They truly are making it up as they go along. Hawkins thinks that in order to fulfill his vision of himself as a "risk-taker" and "guy who lays it all on the line" that he needs to make retarded decisions like going for two in the first quarter and then compounding the problem by doing it again shortly after.

Other coaches don't do this for a reason:: it is stupid.

He probably thinks that he is Sean Payton.

True, but the fumble by jefferson going in for the td was the killer and keisau's horrible playcalling and refusal to throw the ball when cu got into the red zone hurt worse.

what makes you think goodman makes that kick

CU had homefield advantage, a great crowd but decided to give Baylor all the chances to take lead after lead. The worst program in the history of the Big 12 wins over Coach Hawk's program.

I couldn't see well in the stadium. Was that Jefferson fumble legit?

From the replay from behind you could see it out before he went down. The fumble was legit. Trying to do to much. Love his running though. Would have liked to see more later in the game.

Yess. Look close at shot three (there's the ball!) and then shot four (I see the arm bent-- but no ball!) In five you see the tip of the ball, but it is close to his feet. The front view is less telling than the back view. I watched it closely and you could see it out-- this would be the shot four frame-- but from back by the coaches bench view. And I am a CU homer too, you know that, but it is what it is. We were THAT close to winning this game-- in spite of the coaching staff. That is why I want Mac in here now. I think CU gets to a bowl game with Mac here. Not sure with Cabral. Not sure if the staff would listen to him. I think they would listen to Mac.

I won't quibble with the call on the field. It is what it is. Too bad for Will Jeff, for sure.

Interesting that (IIRC) no calls on the field were overturned this game - is that right?

There were some interesting spots of the ball, - both ways - but no calls overturned that I can remember.

It was about as close as it could get. Really tough play, he made really good read and cut on that run. I will never be upset with a kid giving extra effort and it causing a mistake. I was impressed with willjeff last night.

Back