1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey B30...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

Jul 8, 2005

your comments on nb scare the **** outta me. it is like cronkhite saying the viet nam war was lost.

i'd comment over there but all the arseholes get on my nerves.

i hope we aren't as screwed as you think. i respect your opinion and share your belief in the need to have an effective running game. i am not a big fan of our scheme. but, i am not sure i agree that helfrich is the reason for all the disaster... i still think the ol is the root cause. but, you make a compelling case.

sorry again for commenting here rather than there, but i tire of the nasty trolls.

2. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Jul 8, 2005
    I've not read his comments, so I don't know entirely what was said. Yes, the OL is a big weakness, but I simply am not seeing this staff making the adjustments necessary to allow a very young & inexperienced line to succeed. Our primary offensive weapons are in our backfield and, as such, should be giving them the ball 30-40 times per game. Speedy has shown that he doesn't need much of a hole to make things happen and Scott -- well, in the 10 times we've seen him carry the ball this year -- looks to be a punishing runner. This offense, with this QB and with this patchwork line, should be emphasizing the run. Why we're trying to run something the personnel cannot do is very puzzling to me.
  3. Bali Buff

Bali Buff Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2005
    I'm not B30 but I've read his comments, and he's spot on. Whatever Helfrich is doing, it ain't working. Unfortunately I don't think he knows what to do.

I mean, how could he. He doesn't have the experience nor the background to develop a top notch running game, which is what we need to take the pressure of the O-Line and Cody. Most of the new kids know how to run block out of HS, it's developing the pass protection skills that take time. So knowing we've got to start a bunch of newbies on the line, what does he do? Promotes a shotgun pass oriented offense.

You can't tell me this is the best we can do on offense. For whatever reason, the players aren't getting his message nor responding to it (read see Charlie Weis and why he removed himself from calling the offense). Lack of execution, sloppy play, missed assignments are all on the coaches. And his play calling in certain situations is abysmal.
  4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2005
    I assume this is the post you are talking about.

Buff30 and I have always seen eye-to-eye on the offensive gameplan. What is more concerning to me are the posts by Broomfield Buff which describe turmoil in the lockerroom, defensive players pointing fingers at the offense, and offensive players losing faith in their coaches.