What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey buffsyko

LSU has the best DTs year in and year out. Ridiculous and a big reason why their D is usually very solid.

I love the chart that says Mississippi is the fattest state and Colorado is the skinniest one. The lesson? You guys in Colorado need to start eating like crap to help the Buffs.

That's interesting but is this supposed to be an excuse for CU's pathetic DL recruiting the last 15 years? I may be way off but I bet there are some NFL DT's from texas and california.

If they are great in college and help CU to become a dominant defense again that's enough for me, I could care less about the NFL.

That's interesting but is this supposed to be an excuse for CU's pathetic DL recruiting the last 15 years? I may be way off but I bet there are some NFL DT's from texas and california.

If they are great in college and help CU to become a dominant defense again that's enough for me, I could care less about the NFL.
You could care less?

Not trying to make excuses for anything or make a point to you. Honestly thought it was an interesting article that you'd like, considering your interest in DL recruiting.

Suh came from Portland (seen a signed helmet at the MAC here). So, it's certainly possible to get dominant DL from places besides the south.

It's in the article. The point about looking at NFL D-Linemen is that if you are good in college you are VERY likely to get a look in the NFL. Those that are extremely good stick around and contribute more numbers. Obviously, this is a small sample size as we're only looking at CURRENT NFL D-Linemen (more accurate would be to look at the last 10 years or so), but one of the tables shows percentage of US population in a given state vs. percentage of NFL D-Linemen produced. Texas' percentages of US Population and NFL D-Linemen are very similar (~8%), whereas by percentage there are about half as many DL as you'd expect in CA. There are twice as many DL as you'd expect from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Montana. Interestingly, there are about 4 times as many DL as there "should be" from Hawaii and Louisiana. Throw in the fact that there are 4 in-state BCS programs each in CA and Texas competing for those recruits and there are 13 other BCS schools that are "in-conference" for TX And CA and recruit those areas heavily it's not surprising that CU routinely doesn't end up with a good chunk of those prospects. However, I expect the current staff to turn this around given a full recruiting cycle.

Yes, espn, the dumbass female sideline reporters, espn has turned into TMZ and the NFL, who praises a rapist because he had 1 good pass in the afc championship game.

You do realize that the article is SI and not ESPN, right?

It's in the article. The point about looking at NFL D-Linemen is that if you are good in college you are VERY likely to get a look in the NFL. Those that are extremely good stick around and contribute more numbers. Obviously, this is a small sample size as we're only looking at CURRENT NFL D-Linemen (more accurate would be to look at the last 10 years or so), but one of the tables shows percentage of US population in a given state vs. percentage of NFL D-Linemen produced. Texas' percentages of US Population and NFL D-Linemen are very similar (~8%), whereas by percentage there are about half as many DL as you'd expect in CA. There are twice as many DL as you'd expect from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Montana. Interestingly, there are about 4 times as many DL as there "should be" from Hawaii and Louisiana. Throw in the fact that there are 4 in-state BCS programs each in CA and Texas competing for those recruits and there are 13 other BCS schools that are "in-conference" for TX And CA and recruit those areas heavily it's not surprising that CU routinely doesn't end up with a good chunk of those prospects. However, I expect the current staff to turn this around given a full recruiting cycle.

uh...so basically we should recruit Hawai'i for DT?

Good thing we have Tui and Cabral on staff.

Last edited:

I do too. I'm really torn about what to expect from this years class. I know time is short, but part of me wants a big splash none-the-less. On the other hand, I'm anxious to see what this staff can do after establishing contacts and relationships for about a year -- thinking that the 2012 class should be monster.

All said, I hope they focus on the defensive "wall".

Back