1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey!! CU students and Facebook people

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Highflyer, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Here's something that might help you all spread the word. Below are email addresses for the various shows on 950 the Fan and KOA as well as the voice of the Buffs and KOA sports director, Mark Johnson. The last email is for Bill Harris, who is the C-Club president. If you don't know, the C-CLub is for all former CU letterman in Football. Mr. Harris can reach out to the former players and have them help spread the word!! If these folks get enough emails, hopefully they can mention something on air.

Aw **** it....if you want the emails, PM me and I will send you the list. I could care less if Moser and Clough get a ****load of spam, but I don't want Mark Johnson, Bill Harris etc getting it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  2. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Set up a website and tell Plati or someone to put something on the CU website.

3. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

This, per some dood on Rivals who got a response from Plati

Email response from Plati:

We have always encouraged our fans to wear gold, and that is still our position; now if the students are organizing to wear black, that’s fine with us, but we can’t announce something to this effect this late in the week, whether it be to wear black or gold.

We feel it would be sending mixed messages, since thousands have already purchased gold, and wore gold to the CU-CSU game in Denver. We don’t want people wondering what to wear; if it’s a mix of gold and black (and even silver), those are our colors and we’re fine with it.

We would really like to see a push to have the stadium filled well before kickoff to cheer on the team during warm-ups and a have full stadium when the teams return to the field five minutes before kickoff! We’ve asked, practically begged for this in the past and haven’t been able to convince people that is just as important, if not more so, than what people are wearing.

Dave

4. Jens1893

I will give him that this could, and probably should, have been a planned a little more in advance ... I disagree with the rest.

5. Jens1893

Highflyer

a) I think they get a ton of spam as is
    b) it still links to the proper address

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Dear Mr. Plati,

Bring back beer sales at Folsom and your problem will be solved.

Glad I could help.

Sacky.

7. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

why wouldnt he want people to buy a bunch of extra black CU ****???

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, CU remains very UN-fan-friendly.

Sad, really. But at the same time, it is easy to see why they have trouble selling out for a team like Florida State.

9. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:lol: :yeahthat:

10. BuffaloScott

BuffaloScott Member

One of my friends mentioned this to Mike Bohn before the CSU game and he said it would be to hard to plan....

11. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

EXACTLY!

back in the days when the age for 3.2 was 18, they used to have beer vendors come thru the student section with coors and it was like a buck a cup. we'd buy whole trays at a time and pass them out to friends, people who happened to be standing around by us, hot girls, etc. even when CU was getting SHELLED by the other team, if it was a nice day and not too cold, we stay there and have a great freaking time. now THERE was a good reason to come early and stay late! ... getting hammered on a beautiful fall day in a great location with all your friends.

[sigh] i know i am sounding curmudgeonly and i am not even that old! ah well...

12. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

No offense Col, but please, it's ****ing BOULDER it's been this way since Whizzer wore his leather helmet. I really get tired of the same lame, obvious statements.

13. Highflyer

Yes, yes you are

14. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Agree losing beer sales is an issue - can't expect the fans to show up early with their magazines and read awhile until the game starts - now have to do a preload in the parking lot. Then try to get by the hands police. Who wants to rush into that experience.

15. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:yeahthat: ....again.

Not to mention all the extra revenue you'd be bringing in with the beer sales.

16. Liver

i got steak digesting in my colon older than you, punk.

:lol::lol:

17. Highflyer

Yes, yes you do:smile2: ......you know you can get a colonic to help out with that

18. Liver

naw, i leave the ass leavings to lammie fusker.