What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Saul

SpacemanSpiff

Be curious, not judgmental
Club Member
Congrats to your fellas on the win. I was bummed that our Buffs fell apart in the second half, because I was hopeful that we were headed for a close finish, but the best team definitely won. KSU played hard and deserved to win. We'll get you next year!

Last edited:
That's not what I saw. We definitely helped them out a bunch, but they played better. Doesn't matter anyway. They won, we lost. Let's turn the page and start focusing on beating the fighting Manginos.

I know the score looked lopsided. But I really don't think we were over matched like you say we were. A few breaks here and there and we could've stole one.

I agree. I don't think the score was at all reflective of how close the game was either. I don't think we were overmatched at all. I think we just made mistakes that are common for young teams to make. And we paid for it. Doesn't mean that they didn't deserve to win.

I agree. I don't think the score was at all reflective of how close the game was either. I don't think we were overmatched at all. I think we just made mistakes that are common for young teams to make. And we paid for it. Doesn't mean that they didn't deserve to win.

I agree with everything except the last sentence. :thumbsup:

I give them credit for making us pay for our mistakes. Our team is young and gained some valuable experience last night with playing on the road in a prime time game.

Now that being said - **** KSU :thumbsup:...

Now that we have a round robin of all of the north teams beating each other it will be interesting to see who will be standing in the end.

i was impressed with the ethics that prince is imposing on their team.

that is just what is needed when you have a team of juco's that would otherwise be a smattering of ****ups...

a huge improvement for them over hcbs....

:cool:

We had the better running game. They had the better QB and WRs. Cody looked like he did in week 1 and 2; a lot of errant passes that were slightly off the mark.

Some other observations that cost us;

• The OL let the D get pressure on Cody too much.
  • Cody was off the mark too much
  • Poor tackling in the 2nd half on defese
  • No defensive turnovers/recoveries
  • Difficulty stoping their passing game
  • Poor decision to go for it on 4th down a couple times.
  • A couple of bad punts that gave them good FP

No one factor overode any of the others but all contributed to the loss. KSU played a better game and congrats to them on the win.

Getting that QB away from NU shows that Ron Prince will both be able to recruit and put a solid game plan on the field. With the continued decline of NU its nice to see something positive finally starting to happen in the North with CU, KSU, and KU getting better. Maybe the north will rise again afterall.

We had the better running game. They had the better QB and WRs. Cody looked like he did in week 1 and 2; a lot of errant passes that were slightly off the mark.

No one factor overode any of the others but all contributed to the loss. KSU played a better game and congrats to them on the win.

Getting that QB away from NU shows that Ron Prince will both be able to recruit and put a solid game plan on the field. With the continued decline of NU its nice to see something positive finally starting to happen in the North with CU, KSU, and KU getting better. Maybe the north will rise again afterall.

Good post and thats what I saw too.

Congrats on the win Saul. I knew the buffs would struggle to win this game. I still feel like CU and KSU are teams on the rise. Good luck the rest of the way. Oh BTW, the only thing that annoys me about KSU is they celebrate every first down.:wow: Oh and that stupid KKKKKKKKK SSSSSSS UUUUUUUUU cheer.

Seriously though, I have a lot more respect for the mildcats now than I did when Snyder was there, even though he did a hell of a job turning them around, I still thought he was a weasil. I like Prince.

True.

Some other thoughts.
CU does not play well at night. All of our losses are in the late TV spot. TV caught Nelson yawning on the sidelines. These late games do not catch CU at their best.

CU's offense is getting predictable, Cody throws a pick. There is a bad snap. There are a couple of direct snap plays.

Why can't Helfrich put in a shovel pass? With the blitzes, a tidy shovel would have bailed CU out on a number of occations.

Dizon was flat. It must be hard to play at the level he's been at for the last 5 games. I was taking him for granted going into KSU. He had his worst game of the year. With Dizon not firing on all cylindars, it sort of exposed the rest of CU's defense. Too many sloppy tackles and missed assignments. These are ugly things needing correction.

Back