What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Tad

To those remarking that players have to be better and there's only so much a coach can do. Well, he could get better players! If you want to use that line for a pro team that's fine, but with college sports the coaches are obviously not only coaching but the ones who assemble the team. Specifically, the issues at guard were evident last season, we had three scholarships to use, what was done to rectify the problem?

To those remarking that players have to be better and there's only so much a coach can do. Well, he could get better players! If you want to use that line for a pro team that's fine, but with college sports the coaches are obviously not only coaching but the ones who assemble the team. Specifically, the issues at guard were evident last season, we had three scholarships to use, what was done to rectify the problem?
And Tad told the team exactly that. If they can't get it done he has to recruit better. He seems to think Peters and Brown will be an upgrade.

To get back to the topic, using time outs appropriately is necessary as a couch. A simple thing, perhaps, but it's not every coach who understands when to use them (clearly). Maybe Tad just doesn't believe in anything beyond the physical? That energy in the gym, mentality of the players, the collective swing of a team's chemistry, has anything to do with the scoreboard. Maybe he's a total numbers guy like most on this board, and even his plea to the students to show up is more about...I don't know, finances (*bewildered if it's not about the energy of gameday)? And if so, if Tad is a hardcore materialist, if his stockbroking background is still more in the foreground (*what a great post), we should not be ragging him for his inability to utilize, or just plain disregard, his time outs. This board is all about quantifiable results! We should be applauding his ability to assemble a physically superior team, a team that runs on its own, without a gametime pulse, a robotic team of sprockets and gears, a team that does the same thing no matter being up twenty or down twenty, that can mechanically break down a zone defense by throwing passes chest high through the most precise passing lanes.

But, oh melancholy dane, if you have a heart, if you have a shred of intuition to go with your crowning intellect, or even if you have nothing more than a whisping ghost in the metal-forged machine, but still a ghost mind you, still a mind, and not merely a passive "they'll probably figure it out because I can't" attitude, then for the love of all things divine, YOU USE YOUR DAMN TIMEOUTS!!!!

As a fan, I can tell you that when an opponent comes charging back, I definitely need the mental break and hope for change that comes with taking a timeout. I'm guessing that this is a big part of the outrage presented on this forum, by others who feel the same.

I'm not a close follower of the MBB program, but from a distance I can see why folks are pissed at Tad. I just look at what he's done since he's been here and making the Dance an annual (non delusional) discussion. He gets a pass in my book.

I'm not a close follower of the MBB program, but from a distance I can see why folks are pissed at Tad. I just look at what he's done since he's been here and making the Dance an annual (non delusional) discussion. He gets a pass in my book.
Why is your handle Bufffan68 again?

Totally shocked that now you decide to post

Who recruited these players? Tad completely F'd up with Salzer and Talton...he only has himself to blame. His guard recruiting since Spencer has been horrid.... and his offenseive strategy in tight games is a joke.....dribble and pass around the perimeter then throw up a prayer....

Corey & Nate were Bzdelik.
Spencer was Tad.

Tad also recruited the 6th leading scorer in school history.

And Dre, XJ, Carlon, etc.

I've got no problem saying that Tad missed on the PG needs in the XT/Eli class. Eli is the one that bothers me, since immediate help was needed for Spencer to be able to take a blow. Should have gone with a JUCO PG that year.

I don't have a problem at all with signing J-Hop, Dom or Yaz. J-Hop not working out really compounded the issue of the XT/Eli class... especially with the Spencer injury and then him leaving a year early.

I really like the potential of White, Brown and Peters for next season to re-invigorate the back court.

Back