1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey USC!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sportsfan101, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

Mike Riley said no....Jack Del Rio said no....John Gruden said no......
    I know one person that will say yes.
    4 words for future tilts in LA: Slick Rick v. Hawk Love.
    Do it.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

+1

Of course, with the sanctions coming, he can say the "place was burned to the ground, it really was" and mean it....

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

sounds like a perfect opportunity for Hawk.

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

The guy is pretty nifty when it comes to turning around the tarnished images of historically successful programs. Just sayin'.

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Dan Hawkins + Los Angeles media market = comedic gold.

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That is 5 words.

Other than that, a flawless post... :thumbsup:

7. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

USC fans say...."no thank you!"

8. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

are usc fans excited about corruption kiffin

9. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

I just took a peek at the Trojan board and they seem pretty happy with this turn of events.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I think Mariucci would have been a better choice for USC, personally. However as I said before, USC needed a guy with NFL connections. They couldn't very well have replaced an NFL guy with a measley college guy. That just wouldn't do. Kiffin will probably do pretty well at USC. He worked there before, he is bringing in some outstanding assistants, and the rest of the Pac 10 still isn't all that good. The problem, of course, is that there's no way that he'll be able to keep that group of assistants together for more than a year or two. What happens after that will be very interesting.

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

13. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Darn, I was hoping they would go with Hack. Get him off our hands.

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

They're following the playbook that they wrote themselves. Hire a former NFL guy with connections to good assistants and can recruit. I don't follow USC all that closely, but what I do see is a team with NFL talent up and down the lineup that consistently under-performs. By most accounts, USC shouldn't have lost a single game in the last five years. Their MO is to out-talent everybody they can, and get motivated for the teams they can't (which might be one or two games a year). Kiffin will fits their mold. He'll do fine, but I'm not concerned about USC winning any national championships anytime soon.

15. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

USC went from a top-notch elite program to second tier inside of a week. They're looking at some mediocrity in the near future. CU needs to be in the mix for taking some of the SoCal kids who would have otherwise gone to USC w/ Carroll there.

16. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

The Kiffen hiring comes down to their thoughts that "at least he can recruit like a banshee". I think it's over-rated. Callahan recruited at Nebraska and they got worse. Neuheisel recruited great, but none of his programs have gotten better under his watch. Lot's of examples of this in fact. They are paying thru the nose for their assistants and that may save them. Personally, I think they would have been way better off raiding Utah, TCU, Air Force, UConn......

Kiffen will retain them a great class this year, but 3-4 years from now that won't matter. If they are competing for national championships, they will get the best kids from SoCal. If they are not, they won't.

Big loser here could be Slick's UCLA program. I see his situation as identical to USC's but now he stands to lose Norm Chow and that could be a big blow to their 2010 class and their ability to win long term. Slick needs high priced and high profile assistants and losing Chow would be a blow.