1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey wsp, Steve Slaton out for the year.

Discussion in 'Games' started by JimmyBuff, Dec 10, 2009.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give you the heads up before you start him this week.. :smile2:

2. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Cut him already...ass. In defense of myself, I did check things on Thursday last week and didn't see anything about Slaton or Carney. Then finals took up my attention and I didn't realize they were both out until about 11:40 on Sunday...40 minutes after rosters locked. Oh well, I knew I needed to spot absinthe a couple points...just to make it fair. :cool:

3. JimmyBuff

Good luck wsp.. Forte has a tough matchup vs the Packers.. :huh:

4. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I don't know if I should risk putting Chris Brown in my starting lineup or not.. I have Reggie Bush, Marion Barber, and MJD, but Bush and Barber have been pretty crappy this season. I know if I bench one of them they'll just go nuts.. ugh

5. JimmyBuff

I'd play Barber out of those 3.. Chris Brown is an interesting play if you have a flex..

6. White_Rabbit

:wtf: Barber over MJD? Barber has been consistently crappy this year for me, Bush has had a few good games mixed in with some solid 1 point efforts. Just going by points so far this season

MJD 209
    Barber 94
    Bush 75

Just looking at this makes me sad. Mike Bell who has sat on the bench the entire season has 78 points, Donnie Avery has 70 points, Ryan Moats with 57 points. Awesome 3rd round pick autodraft!

7. JimmyBuff

actually I meant out of those 2.. :lol: of course start Jones Drew..:cool:

I might play the kid from WSH Quinton Ganther (sp?) who's starting vs the Raiders over Barber though.. I'm sure he's available on the waiver wire.

I've had Mike Bell on my bench and I've released him and picked him up a few times. Just for depth purposes..

8. White_Rabbit

Haha I figured, no sane person would start Barber over MJD. Yeah Bell has just been hanging out on my bench all season, I can't seriously start him, but at the same time he probably would be consistently more useful on a week to week basis than Bush has. Either way Brown is supposed to be starting with Moats as the backup now that Slaton is on the IR, so I'm hoping he can score some TDs. I have a bye this week for first round of playoffs, so my plan is to use whomever has the best matchups out of my top 4.

9. JimmyBuff

I'm kind of pissed at Jim Mora Jr who keeps letting the overrated and nonproductive Julius Jones start instead of the dynamic Justin Forsett.. Kind of was hoping Forsett would be the primary ball carrier by now and I could use him for the playoffs at the flex. ..

I've got Thomas Jones, Maroney, Fred Jackson, Bell and Bush, Justin Forsett and Jamaal Charles at the RB so I'm well stacked for the playoffs with two locks at RB Jones and Charles.. :thumbsup:

10. White_Rabbit

I tried to sign Forsett a few weeks ago and some shmuck, who doesn't even actively participate in the league I'm in, has him on the bench. I figured my RB situation would be good coming into this season, while my WR situation was a mess with Reggie Wayne and nothing after that. So most of my bench is WR players and 3 QBs I think because I autodrafted Matt Schaub, who somehow has not been injured yet, majorly at least.

11. JimmyBuff

yeah I had auto draft too. (couldn't make it to the live draft) I went with Fitzgerald over Jones Drew at pick 3 (kind of a mistake) and I ended up with Steve Smith (CAR) for my 2nd round pick, Peyton in the third round and Reggie Bush in the 4th round:wow:(don't know why I had him so high in the draft). I somehow snagged Ocho Cinco and Thomas Jones in the next two rounds.. Pretty crazy.. Autodraft has me in 2nd place at 9-4.. :thumbsup:

12. White_Rabbit

I didn't even get a chance to set my rankings up or whatever, they randomly changed the draft one day and forgot to tell me. I think I got MJD and then Reggie Wayne in rounds 1 and 2, then I got Barber, Bush, and Schaub. Oh yeah I forgot earlier, I have Wes Welker, who's nice but far from a great 2nd WR in a fantasy league. The guy is down for 10 catches 100 yards, but doesn't know what the end zone is :huh:. Either way somehow I'm also in 2nd place heading into the playoffs. Last year I had an autodrafted team too and won the entire league, while the year before that I had Brady, Moss, and Welker and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Fantasy football is weird stuff.

13. JimmyBuff

Funny part is out of my 17 positions I think I've kept about 8 from the draft..:lol: Its all about pickups in fantasy football. :thumbsup:

I picked up Meachem on the waiver wire and I'm finally going to start him this week (I've already qualified for the playoffs). He's had like 7 TD's in 5 games. .

14. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I feel the pain, big playoff game for me in my league... No Slaton. :sad1: