What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HH the Dalai Lama coming to CU in October

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
The title of the two-day event is “Compassion in Action,” reflecting the way the Dalai Lama serves as an embodiment of compassion as a role model. His visit to Boulder will focus on methods of incorporating the core values of compassion and ethics into daily life, leading to happiness, peace, ethical behavior and social harmony.

“It’s a long-standing tradition at CU-Boulder to host the world’s best and brightest achievers,” said Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano. “We all benefit from hearing their stories. In that spirit, we are delighted to welcome and learn from the Dalai Lama.”

His visit [in October] will be accompanied by a multiday community celebration of Tibetan culture, including Tibetan foods, an exhibition of Tibetan art and culture, traditional performances of dance and song, a Tibetan market and more. Updates will be posted to www.DalaiLamaColorado.com and www.colorado.edu.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releas...-cu-boulder-announce-october-campus-visit-his

I'm calling avatar dibs on using a photo of HHDL in a CU hat (or a sports action shot) if it happens.

k-bigpic-1.jpg

Dalai%20Lama%20hoops.2.jpg

Any word on whether he'll play a round at BCC?

I have dibs on being his caddy if so.

I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Any word on whether he'll play a round at BCC?

I have dibs on being his caddy if so.

I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Someone rep Sacky, please.

Back