1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HH the Dalai Lama coming to CU in October

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by Buffnik, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The title of the two-day event is “Compassion in Action,” reflecting the way the Dalai Lama serves as an embodiment of compassion as a role model. His visit to Boulder will focus on methods of incorporating the core values of compassion and ethics into daily life, leading to happiness, peace, ethical behavior and social harmony.

“It’s a long-standing tradition at CU-Boulder to host the world’s best and brightest achievers,” said Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano. “We all benefit from hearing their stories. In that spirit, we are delighted to welcome and learn from the Dalai Lama.”

His visit [in October] will be accompanied by a multiday community celebration of Tibetan culture, including Tibetan foods, an exhibition of Tibetan art and culture, traditional performances of dance and song, a Tibetan market and more. Updates will be posted to www.DalaiLamaColorado.com and www.colorado.edu.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/releas...-cu-boulder-announce-october-campus-visit-his

I'm calling avatar dibs on using a photo of HHDL in a CU hat (or a sports action shot) if it happens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Any word on whether he'll play a round at BCC?

I have dibs on being his caddy if so.

I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

RK and TDbuff like this.
  3. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Someone rep Sacky, please.