What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hi guys. With one game to go in the season, what grade do you give JE?

I'd give them an F. A grade of D would mean it's a passing grade, and this isn't acceptable.

C-

We aren't doing much worse than what most of the "experts" picked us to do. Put in the fact that we played the toughest schedule in the country, 13 games with no break, an injury filled season, and a very low talent pool for a first year HC with no HC experience.

I think under those circumstances, a D or worse is unfair.

I don't trust people who have an agenda.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

C-

We aren't doing much worse than what most of the "experts" picked us to do. Put in the fact that we played the toughest schedule in the country, 13 games with no break, an injury filled season, and a very low talent pool for a first year HC with no HC experience.

I think under those circumstances, a D or worse is unfair.

I might be inclined to agree with you except for one thing - we got worse as the season wore on. We just lot to a dog sh*t team last night. A team that's no better than Cal or Wazzu, and got it's ass handed to it by Arizona. UCLA is a completely mediocre football team, and they just tore us a new asshole. Had we improved over the course of the season, I might be inclined to be a little more forgiving. As it stands, what I'm seeing is a team that quit after the 3rd quarter in Honolulu and has been playing out the string ever since.

Entire staff gets and F. If possible Brown should get a F and a kick in the nuts.

I get it that we have no talent, but we have not heart, and watching last night I saw an entire team that quit with after 1 quarter (D never got off the bus). Our offense is utterly predictable, and Bieniemy has been awful. Watching formations and down/distance I can predict what plays are going to be run 75% of the time.

Our defense should just not take the field. If every team is going to score on every possession, at least not fielding a D keeps people from getting hurt.

Special teams still suck.

I can't think of a single thing that makes me think next week, or next year will be any different. We need a recruiting class of 40 for next year because 90% of what is on the current team needs to be replaced.

I might be inclined to agree with you except for one thing - we got worse as the season wore on. We just lot to a dog sh*t team last night. A team that's no better than Cal or Wazzu, and got it's ass handed to it by Arizona. UCLA is a completely mediocre football team, and they just tore us a new asshole. Had we improved over the course of the season, I might be inclined to be a little more forgiving. As it stands, what I'm seeing is a team that quit after the 3rd quarter in Honolulu and has been playing out the string ever since.

I think it has more to do with the road losing streak. It's a mental thing. I am not saying I am in complete full support of everything going on, but there really was a lot to overcome. Hell we were picked last in the conference. It's just reality, we suck ass. Giving a first year coach with no experience a failing grade for doing what he was supposed to do is unfair.

I think it has more to do with the road losing streak. It's a mental thing. I am not saying I am in complete full support of everything going on, but there really was a lot to overcome. Hell we were picked last in the conference. It's just reality, we suck ass. Giving a first year coach with no experience a failing grade for doing what he was supposed to do is unfair.

Is it not fair to expect them to be competitive? To show some pride? Saying we expected to lose is a fair comment, but nobody expected to get blown out in virtually every game. That just shows a team that has no self respect.

Is it not fair to expect them to be competitive? To show some pride? Saying we expected to lose is a fair comment, but nobody expected to get blown out in virtually every game. That just shows a team that has no self respect.

Agree, although I will still wait 4 years to completely judge Embree. I do think we need a new DC, OL and ST coach.

How many folks here on Allbuffs started a thread with their first post?

I mean, other than the chick selling hats (her husband loved his), that really wanted to just hang out and talk about CU Football, in the broader context of checkered hunting caps.

Or Matt Thompson and his team of dolls, trying to direct traffic to his site.

See my point here? What's this guy's agenda? Listen to his tone as he stirs the pot. Look, I don't mind some negative threads/posts, but something is fishy with this one. Troll.

Dog. If we give you a yellow-checkered hunting cap, will you just go away? The red neg rep looks good on you...it's the color of nebraska.
That hunting hat was sweet!

Honestly? Seems like the staff is in over their head. We can't afford another year of noncompetitive football

No way, everyone of course deserves another year. If this is what we see next year, BOOOM .. take out the garbage.

Yep. Two years is long enough to see some results from assistants. You can see the direction in improvement on the field, recruiting, etc. I don't think reasonable conclusions can be drawn from one year with almost all hawkins players.

So you want to replace the entire staff today?

if we are doing this next year and we are ranked 11 out of 12 teams in the Pac 12 recruiting rankings I'm not sure what we are waiting for.

I'm sorry, getting blown out by 30 points in almost every conference game isn't acceptable. You have to produce somewhat.

If Belloti is hired at Arizona and Rich Rod is at ASU, we'll be behind even further to our Pac South rivals.

Last edited:
if we are doing this next year and we are ranked 11 out of 12 teams in the Pac 12 I'm not sure what we are waiting for.

I'm sorry, getting blown out by 30 points in almost every conference game isn't acceptable. You have to produce somewhat.

If Belloti is hired at Arizona and Rich Rod is at ASU, we'll be behind even further to our Pac South rivals.

Not Rich Rod, that guy sucks!

I think Rich Rod's offense would be highly successful in the Pac-12. The B1G is a completely different situation. I think Ole Miss would snatch him before ASU though since he doesn't have any recruiting connects in the west

F+ - they get the + for the Arizona game because I am generous, but how can you seriously give the coach of a team that´s so far lost every road game by 30 points on average anything else than a F?

They could´ve gained some brownie points with recruiting, but the class we currently have isn´t gonna excite anyone.

if we are doing this next year and we are ranked 11 out of 12 teams in the Pac 12 recruiting rankings I'm not sure what we are waiting for.

So if the results are the same next year, that it. Right? I have no problem with that.

Back