What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hire this man.

Most anyone would be better than Hawk right now. I would prefer someone with some recruiting ties in the Western U.S.

That actually would be nice, but to have all of my NE friends telling me that it was a Husker who turned our program around would be something I would never be able to live down. :lol:

I don't think Turner Gill would be a good fit for our program and should wait for a better job down the road. Plus we could be changing conferences pretty soon so you have to have a coach who knows about the Big 12 and the Pac-10. Dorrell, the former UCLA coach, would be a better fit for the Buffs than Gill.

I don't think Turner Gill would be a good fit for our program and should wait for a better job down the road. Plus we could be changing conferences pretty soon so you have to have a coach who knows about the Big 12 and the Pac-10. Dorrell, the former UCLA coach, would be a better fit for the Buffs than Gill.

Nash, what makes you think that we could be changing conferences soon? Have I missed something, other than our bs threads kicking the idea around.

Changing conferences? Really? :rofl2:

Our football team is a disgrace. Both mens and womens basketball is a complete joke. Both finished the last season at the bottom of the conference. We have a halfway decent womens soccer team, better than average track and CC teams, and two good ski teams. No swimming, diving, gymnastics, wrestling, lacrosse, mens soccer, mens tennis, water polo, hockey, baseball, field hockey or softball teams. I'm sure the Pac 10 is salivating over the prospect of adding that powerhouse lineup to their ranks. :rolleyes:

Abso****inglutley not, Dorrell is terrible, he recruited mediocrely (based on location), his teams under performed, they lacked heart, he lacked fire, all-in-all he was a terrible hire for UCLA. Why should we re-tread him?

Changing conferences? Really? :rofl2:

Our football team is a disgrace. Both mens and womens basketball is a complete joke. Both finished the last season at the bottom of the conference. We have a halfway decent womens soccer team, better than average track and CC teams, and two good ski teams. No swimming, diving, gymnastics, wrestling, lacrosse, mens soccer, mens tennis, water polo, hockey, baseball, field hockey or softball teams. I'm sure the Pac 10 is salivating over the prospect of adding that powerhouse lineup to their ranks. :rolleyes:

Ummmm, he didn't say anything about the Pac-10...:rolleyes:

Interesting Idea and sounds like a good guy But he is a Husker. Just feels wrong to hire a Husker as a head Coach.

We are not changing conferences, we are an original members and established rivalries, and it makes more since for Pac 10 to take BYU and Boise.

Abso****inglutley not, Dorrell is terrible, he recruited mediocrely (based on location), his teams under performed, they lacked heart, he lacked fire, all-in-all he was a terrible hire for UCLA. Why should we re-tread him?

For Christ's sake, didn't post-scandal GB teams beat him...on the road?

That actually would be nice, but to have all of my NE friends telling me that it was a Husker who turned our program around would be something I would never be able to live down. :lol:

On the plus side, if he consistently beat Neb, their fan base would be eternally pissed that they initially ran him off and then passed on him:thumbsup:

I'm open to Gill if for no other reason than the man knows how to run the ball.

On the plus side, if he consistently beat Neb, their fan base would be eternally pissed that they initially ran him off and then passed on him:thumbsup:

I'm open to Gill if for no other reason than the man knows how to run the ball.

Like personally.

Ummmm, he didn't say anything about the Pac-10...:rolleyes:

see below

I'm warming up to Karl Dorrell as the next CU coach. Didn't he take UCLA bowling every season he was there? Plus we might need him if the Buffs are to move to the Pac-10 for the 2011 season as many rumors have stated.

Tuberville is a southern guy and won't come to Boulder. That Louisville job is a very attractive one and they are expanding their stadium to go past 60k. That's commitment to football if you asked me.

My input on it (not that informed, I'll admit . . . because you guys know your program better than I do) is that Turner Gill would be a great hire for CU. He is an above average recruiter, and an outstanding coach both on the field and off of it. CU may be down lately, but you're nowhere near the depths that Buffalo was when Gill took over. If he can take that program and win it's conference, he can win damn near anywhere. When Gill was a Nebraska assistant he was widely regarded as one of the best recruiters we had, and his ability to make something from nothing as a head coach speaks well of his coaching ability.

I'd have been happy if Gill had been hired at Nebraska. (I'm equally happy that Pelini was hired because the defense was clearly lacking.) That said, I think that Gill will be successful wherever he ends up. I think if CU hired him the NU/CU rivalry might be altered a bit though . . . I can't see Gill making negative comments about any team and probably not about Nebraska in particular. Perhaps the rivalry would be a bit more respectful than it has been in the past. I do think that given time he'd bring your program back to be a contender in the Big 12.

Darrel K Royal was a Sooner that became Texas' all-time winningest HC and who has the stadium named after him. Eddie Crowder was a Sooner that was a pretty good HC and AD here (minus Chairbanks). The former Chancellor for CU was Bud Peterson who was a KSU football player a long time ago.

My point is that we shouldn't disregard someone because they are from kNU. As long as he'll pledge his allegiance to CU then I don't care where our HC comes from. I just want someone that can win.

his current record seems to be the biggest reason we don't want to hire him... prospective coaches for CU should be succeeding, not taking backward steps.

Darrel K Royal was a Sooner that became Texas' all-time winningest HC and who has the stadium named after him. Eddie Crowder was a Sooner that was a pretty good HC and AD here (minus Chairbanks). The former Chancellor for CU was Bud Peterson who was a KSU football player a long time ago.

My point is that we shouldn't disregard someone because they are from kNU. As long as he'll pledge his allegiance to CU then I don't care where our HC comes from. I just want someone that can win.
Don't forget that the :rip:cornholio:rip: DC for close to 3 decades was a Buff.

Don't forget Charlie McBride, who somehow managed to successfully make the transition from paradise to a god forsaken hellhole.

EDIT: Superior beat me to it.

Gill took a POS Buffalo team and made them pretty damned good. I would think he would be in the top 5 prospects for a shot at turning you guys around.

WTF has Turner Gill done? I'm sick of always hearing his name. He took a no-name school, in a weak conference and made it average for a year. Big F-ing deal.

NO MORE HIRING THE COACH FROM THE SMALL SCHOOL! We already see the results from this.

Go find an assistant from the SEC that knows how to recruit and coach, and knows what it is like to be in a major conference.

And why is it all the F-ing Cornholers are his biggest supporters for becoming the next CU coach.

WTF has Turner Gill done? I'm sick of always hearing his name. He took a no-name school, in a weak conference and made it average for a year. Big F-ing deal.

NO MORE HIRING THE COACH FROM THE SMALL SCHOOL! We already see the results from this.

Go find an assistant from the SEC that knows how to recruit and coach, and knows what it is like to be in a major conference.

And why is it all the F-ing Cornholers are his biggest supporters for becoming the next CU coach.

ok well then keep hawkins. have fun with that.

A buff was a big reason for Nebraska's success in teh 80's and 90's.

Back