What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hirschman to start next week?

My understanding of the situation is that Wood has not been ok physically since the Fresno game. So why would they be putting him in during trash time at Oregon. Don't hurt the kid badly in a blow out.

My understanding of the situation is that Wood has not been ok physically since the Fresno game. So why would they be putting him in during trash time at Oregon. Don't hurt the kid badly in a blow out.

He did play against oregon.

Adam Munsterteiger ‏@adamcm777 Embree said they are not sure who will start at QB against Stanford; said they will decide between Webb and Hirschman this week. #CUBuffs

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Colorado: 1B-Grossnickle,Zac, 2A-Bell, Jered, 5-Wood, Connor, 5A-Wright, Yuri, 8-Hirschman, Nick, 8B-Ebner, Dustin, 8A-O'Neill,Darragh, 9A-Bonsu, Nate, 12-Canty, Keenan, 14-Schrock, John, 15-Hobbs, Vincent, 16-Hall, Jeffrey, 17-Mosley, Marques, 18-Abron, Donta, 21-Goodson, D.D., 25-Thomas, Gerald, 26-Jones, Tony, 28-Oliver, Will, 29-Ford, Josh, 32-Vigo, Paul, 39-Moten, Josh, 41-Smith, Terrel, 42-Tu'umalo, K.T., 45-Williams, Lowel, 56-Parker, Juda, 57-Solis, Justin, 64-Cotner, Brad, 69-Iverson, Ryan, 70-Richter, Eric, 72-Mustoe, Marc, 75-Harris, Jack, 76-Irwin, Jeromy, 85-Thornton,DaVaug, 88-Slavin, Kyle, 91-Poston, Kirk, 94-Henington, Tyle, 99-Fernandez,Scott.

He came in a handed the ball off a few times. Would they put him in if he was hurt? I don't know, makes no sense.

At the very bottom LINK

I'm starting to think Embree might be some sort of moron... He still doesn't realize Webb is hopeless? I mean, when Cody was terrible and he kept starting, you knew Dan knew he sucked but he was his son so he kept him in... But Embree literally doesn't realize that Webb sucks... unless he is secretly his illegitimate son or something

I'm starting to think Embree might be some sort of moron... He still doesn't realize Webb is hopeless? I mean, when Cody was terrible and he kept starting, you knew Dan knew he sucked but he was his son so he kept him in... But Embree literally doesn't realize that Webb sucks... unless he is secretly his illegitimate son or something

Or unless all the other QBs suck so incredibly bad that Webb looks absolutely amazing in comparison.

the practice assessment at this point can suck one. At this point, after these losses, both Hirsch and Wood deserve a start at quarterback. I would prefer to see Connor this week and if that doesn't work, Hirsch. Season is shot so this kind of ghetto trial is viable. And it's not all Webb's fault, but QB is the one position that can help change the tempo.

edit: and since webb is such a player (has heart) I am willing to put him in at slot receiver bet he executes well at a not so blazing speed. also can't hurt

Last edited:
Hirsch and Schrock were born in '92. The latter a Freshman and the other a Sophomore. Both used a RS

man we have QBs galore.

1 of these 6 qb's on the roster needs to just step up. If you put yourself in a position where the coaches can not keep you off the field, then you are the guy. There are lots of freshmen playing - I think we are just that weak at the qb position to be honest...next year is going to be even more interesting with 7 qb's on the roster??

Good ****ing grief! Unreal that we have 6 QBs and not one can play the damn position.

^Again we really do not know that. They are all (top 3) apparently competitive in "practice" but one is making the coached "decisions" better in said practice. At this point I think these coaches need to see who their gamers are on game day with starts rather than garbage time. The season is toasted. Why they have not done this to any measurable degree is bs.

Amazing, this is cody/tyler all over again... and interesting how freshmen qb's all over the country trot out on the field and do well? maybe not light it up, but manage the game.

1. Burn Tyler Hansen's redshirt repeatedly
  2. Take Nick Hirschman over Jordan Wynn
  3. Miss on Kain Coulter
  4. Fail to keep Munchie Legauex committed
  5. Panic-sign some QBs
  6. Miss on Cyler Miles
  7. Panic-sign more QBs
  8. ...
  9. Profit

Seriously, if Dillon isn't the answer (and I have great hope that he is) this is about to get more ugly.

I'm now going to go puke.

3. Miss on Kain Coulter
  5. Panic-sign some QBs
  6. Miss on Cyler Miles
  7. Panic-sign more QBs
  8. ...
  9. Profit

Seriously, if Dillon isn't the answer (and I have great hope that he is) this is about to get more ugly.

You forgot to mention "completely ignore Collin Klein"

Hirschman is our best QB by far. Yes, he will lock onto receivers and try to force throws, but he has the best arm, throws the best deep ball, and can fit the ball into windows that Webb can't see to begin with. I don't think any of our QBs have any pocket sense, but Webb has zero pocket awareness. Hirschman is kind of like a poor man's Jay Cutler, and (at 1-7) I'd rather at least have a guy who can throw the bomb and will sling it all over the field than someone who caves into sacks and misses short throws.

3. Miss on Kain Coulter
  5. Panic-sign some QBs
  6. Miss on Cyler Miles
  7. Panic-sign more QBs
  8. ...
  9. Profit

It was Clark that we took over Wynn. Your point is correct, though, QB recruiting has been bad in the last 10 years. However, we should give Embree some props for recruiting Dillon his first full cycle and Lifau this year. QB recruiting actually has been a bright spot I would argue. We'll see how it plays out on the field.

It was Clark that we took over Wynn. Your point is correct, though, QB recruiting has been bad in the last 10 years. However, we should give Embree some props for recruiting Dillon his first full cycle and Lifau this year. QB recruiting actually has been a bright spot I would argue. We'll see how it plays out on the field.

Ah... thanks!

Also, I think you're right about QB recruiting as a bright spot. But remember, half the people reading this (myself included) were really pumped for Wood.

Nut99, Hirschman has nowhere near the athleticism to be a poor man's Jay Cutler.

Ah... thanks!

Also, I think you're right about QB recruiting as a bright spot. But remember, half the people reading this (myself included) were really pumped for Wood.

Let's not be hasty to make such statements yet....until I see Dillon or Lifau tear it up on the field the QB spot is still a GIANT ????, and could certainly turn out to not be very bright at all

Eventhough Hirsch is a statue back there, I'd rather see him play than Webb. Never know maybe he'll understand you can't hold the ball on a 3 step drop, Webb didn't get that memo.

Back