What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hobbs, Johnny Stuart and Gerald Thomas are leaving the team

Read in one of the writeups of HCMM's comments that 2 of the players were "forced" out due to not meeting team/school obligations.

That's harsh man. They didn't spurn us out of spite. IMO once a Buff always a Buff(except when you turn against use like Water Bottle). Even though I don't agree with how Klatt handled himself after the Water Bottle dumping, I still have a tiny bit of respect for him, simply because he's an Alum and seems to be on board now. No respect for WB though, he can die tomorrow and I'll spit on his grave.

I'd count Marcus Houston as a full turncoat. Of course his revenge was sweet when he had the chance to stick it to us with the winning TD in 2004 only to be stopped cold at the goal line.

I'd count Marcus Houston as a full turncoat. Of course his revenge was sweet when he had the chance to stick it to us with the winning TD in 2004 only to be stopped cold at the goal line.
That was 110% on Sonny Lubick. He was so wrapped up with the idea that the media would love to be able to write about Marcus scoring winning TD against CU. When that "dream scenario" didn't work, he tried to get his QB to spike the ball, but he couldn't hear over the fans and called a play that fell apart. Great goal line stand win!

That was 110% on Sonny Lubick. He was so wrapped up with the idea that the media would love to be able to write about Marcus scoring winning TD against CU. When that "dream scenario" didn't work, he tried to get his QB to spike the ball, but he couldn't hear over the fans and called a play that fell apart. Great goal line stand win!

good old trashmouth sonny. now there's a guy who was easy to hate. i wonder if he's still getting his beer of the month from the lambnation kids?

Need to put some weight on McCulloch and try him in some sort of flex WR/TE role to get him one-on-one against one of the opponents' slower linebackers. 6-7 yard possession catches to draw some attention off our fast guys and get them open. Otherwise I don't trust the current TE crop's hands. Any of them.
I like this idea.

So true. If he would've pulled an Ochs and gone to Montana, then he's alright...but CSU? That's a mortal sin.

That's harsh man. They didn't spurn us out of spite. IMO once a Buff always a Buff(except when you turn against use like Water Bottle). Even though I don't agree with how Klatt handled himself after the Water Bottle dumping, I still have a tiny bit of respect for him, simply because he's an Alum and seems to be on board now. No respect for WB though, he can die tomorrow and I'll spit on his grave.

I'm having a tough time thinking of a post here on AllBuffs that I have ever disagreed with more, and that's saying something.

Need to put some weight on McCulloch and try him in some sort of flex WR/TE role to get him one-on-one against one of the opponents' slower linebackers. 6-7 yard possession catches to draw some attention off our fast guys and get them open. Otherwise I don't trust the current TE crop's hands. Any of them.

I like this idea.
JUMBO?

Best of luck to these guys in their future endeavors.

Best part was Justin Holland blubbering like the Nebraska kid after the game. I knew all of the CSU fans were doing the same thing. Stupid sheep:devil:

I'm having a tough time thinking of a post here on AllBuffs that I have ever disagreed with more, and that's saying something.
opinionated.gif

Do you neg rep everyone who's opinion is different than your? Lighten up, dude. You said Wyo was harsh, then claim you would spit on Embree's grave. Really?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a weaker neg rep than that one, and that's saying something.

I don't know what the issues were for Stuart. But I'll assume that "personal" means something I'd understand. With Hobbs, considering the health issues of his dad, I think I would want to stay close to home too. With Gerald, considering he wants to do right by his kid, I think I would want to stay close to home too.

I hate losing players, but it happens. And sometimes it's hard to be angry about it. They need to get these things sorted out. And no matter their talent, CU is better off not having players on the team whose heads aren't in it.

He's 6'5, 210 and he's not going to gain much weight before the season. Id rather see him out wide and use our quicker guys in the slot.

He's 6'5, 210 and he's not going to gain much weight before the season. Id rather see him out wide and use our quicker guys in the slot.

Goal line / short yardage slot would be a good use of his skills, I think.

Is Rasmussen gone too? He's still listed on the roster, but the media guide says he's gone along with Hobbs, Thomas, and Stuart.

That 2012 class sure is falling apart fast.. not sure we can count on them to be anything more than another 2008 type of class.

Dillon, Hobbs, Jagne, Payne, Rasmussen(?), Stuart, Thomas, and Williams. Dejon Wilson was on the edge as well, right? Yuri also was a possible transfer. Mosley and Hall have also been mentioned along the way as possible defections. And Crowder has had 2 ACL tears in 2 years, not good.

Thanks Jon!

EDIT: and now that I look at the media guide Rasmussen is NOT listed. Thanks for the juke CU media guide people!

Deleted. No time to respond. Offended by disrespect regardless of how poorly the team played the last two years and regardless of the merit of his termination, he is and always will be a Buff. He deserves more than this.

Last edited:
Deleted. No time to respond. Offended by disrespect regardless of how poorly the team played the last two years and regardless of the merit of his termination, he is and always will be a Buff. He deserves more than this.

It bothers me, too, when I see posters disrespect and belittle Jon Embree the man. The coaching record is fair game. That's why he got paid and he knows the deal with that. But he's a great Buff and always will be. I would argue, actually, that his intense loyalties to other Buffs and the depth of respect he has for CU history did a lot to contribute to the failings as a head coach here.

And with the personal situations of these three I can understand the need to move on.

Wish they had been able to figure out a way to stay but sometimes there are things in life more important than playing football at some place far from home.

Jon ceased to hold that honor during his departing news conference. Klatt and Embree are ex-Buffs to me.

Back