What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Holland indefinite suspension

It is a statistical fact that choirs have a higher rate of deviancy than athletes. If you want to learn about deviancy, hang out with the choir or the animal husbandry classes. There is some messed up stuff going on in those circles.

Don't leave out students studying to be pharmacists. Those folks are freaks.

I never said it's acceptable or that Holland should even be given a 2nd chance, if he even makes it through this without jail time. What I said was that this sort of thing happens at every big time program around the country and it's something that is going to happen here as the program gets bigger and better. Look at how many suspensions and dismissals Georgia has had over the past 3-4 years. I didn't say anyone should look the other way or these kids shouldn't be kicked out or punished when something like this happens. My point is that it's nothing new to this program or any other program in the country. I apologize if I truly offended anyone with my original post.

Every college or university has an obligation to do everything reasonably possible to insure the safety of all students and anyone who is associated with that school be it from athletes, acting students, or accountants working there.

The reality is that when you have thousands of people coming from all kinds of backgrounds 100% is impossible. Probably no other large school in the nation has stricter oversight of their students than BYU both in terms of admissions and the level of supervision and behavioral standards enforced on a day to day basis. Even with that a few years back they found that a number of students, athletes and non-athletes had an off campus apartment in which they were getting 15 year old girls drunk and having sex with them.

CU was right to suspend Holland and enter him into the legal and school disciplinary process. If the allegations are true then some individuals will again point the finger at CU and at athletes simply because it is a way to support their ignorance and/or biases.

Fact is that all CU or any school can do is act on the knowledge they have at the time, they aren't able to view future events.

All things considered we have had remarkably few major incidents in the past few years at CU. The incidents we have had have all seemed to be dealt with quickly and appropriately leaving the critics with little ground to build complaints upon.

All things considered we have had remarkably few major incidents in the past few years at CU. The incidents we have had have all seemed to be dealt with quickly and appropriately leaving the critics with little ground to build complaints upon.

The old adage is "you achieve what you emphasize."
Evidently institutional control still reigns supreme over competing for conference championships.

Shouldn't it?

This should not be framed as an either/or choice between mutually exclusive points on the same spectrum.

The correct answer is that dedication to both institutional control and the pursuit of championships is what should define Colorado Football.

What I see is a proven track record over the Benson/DiStefano era that indicates an inability to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Uh, this kind of thing happens everywhere, not just big programs. And highly touted recruits don't automatically = thugs..

Holland wasn't a highly touted recruit. What the **** is happening.

This should not be framed as an either/or choice between mutually exclusive points on the same spectrum.

The correct answer is that dedication to both institutional control and the pursuit of championships is what should define Colorado Football.

What I see is a proven track record over the Benson/DiStefano era that indicates an inability to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Will you admit progress?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Will you admit progress?

We have made big progress in terms of character. It looks like the wins are coming eventually but we haven't seen those yet.

That doesn't change the fact that Skiddy has a strong point about the Benson/DiStephano era.

Since they replaced Barnett we have won six games in a season exactly once. We have lots of seasons with us finishing at or near the bottom of our conference.
At the same time we have had ridiculous attrition in many years, kids flunking out, getting involved in legal issues, etc. For those who would argue that we need more troublemakers we have had no lack of them and still not won.

It does appear that Benson may have finally gotten the stick out of his backside and recognized that football needs to be allowed to get better but I have no confidence in DiStephano ever being anything more than an empty suit in the wrong office.

Get back to me when we are in a bowl game (any bowl game.)

I'm not ignoring the past, but I'm not going to keep dwelling on it.

Back