What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Holy ****, Ringo wrote an article I agree with

BETTER SCHEDULE?

• Option A - CSU @ Invesco

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Option B - Front Range Rotation

Votes: 72 87.8%
  • Option C - **** this ****

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
Bull****. CU football will be more relevant on the front range when CU starts winning on a consistent basis. We have no responsibility to increase the relevance of the other front range schools. The vast majority of CU fans I talk with on the front range are in favor of option "C".

Agree completely. CU beating New Mexico or Wyoming will never be the lead off story on local sports.

Bull****. CU football will be more relevant on the front range when CU starts winning on a consistent basis. We have no responsibility to increase the relevance of the other front range schools. The vast majority of CU fans I talk with on the front range are in favor of option "C".

It would be incremental, but fans will care more about regional competition. I am not talking about increasing relevance of other schools, I am talking about increasing relevance of CU in the community by appealing to those that make it up.

Agree completely. CU beating New Mexico or Wyoming will never be the lead off story on local sports.

If this led off the season it most definitely would be. We need to build the brand and this would be more relevant in the Denver Post footprint than any other team CU plays.

It would be incremental, but fans will care more about regional competition. I am not talking about increasing relevance of other schools, I am talking about increasing relevance of CU in the community by appealing to those that make it up.

If this led off the season it most definitely would be. We need to build the brand and this would be more relevant in the Denver Post footprint than any other team CU plays.

This would hurt the CU brand more than help. The press would continually take the David vs Goliath angle turning more and more front range fans from CU. The only way for CU to increase their brand is to win. Screw the rest of the front range schools.

Agree 100%

Playing these other schools helps them and does nothing for us. We win and we are supposed to, lose and they spend the year prancing around acting like they are part of the big time.

I wouldn't object to playing a rotation of those schools but only on a basis that is favorable to us, 2 for 1s or even one ups in Boulder. We don't need to be treating schools as our equal that would have their one sell-out for the year because we are there selling their 30,000 seats or whatever they hold in Laramie and Alb. or 35,000 in Ft. Collins. We draw better than that for FCS schools and don't have to give up as much of the gate.

Unfortunately at least CSU is going to keep whining to try to make sure that we keep pouring on their gravy train.

The solution is available to us though if we can get the program turned around. Start hammering them on a yearly basis badly enough that even with their lame excuses about refs and the location of the game, etc. etc. they just don't want to talk about it. Take the fun out of the game for them, don't just win but pummel them, make them wish that the subject never comes up.

The solution is available to us though if we can get the program turned around. Start hammering them on a yearly basis badly enough that even with their lame excuses about refs and the location of the game, etc. etc. they just don't want to talk about it. Take the fun out of the game for them, don't just win but pummel them, make them wish that the subject never comes up.
Now that sounds like a plan!

Back