What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honest Opinion: Likelihood Embree is fired this year.

What are the odds Embree is fired by end of 2012?

• 100% he is a goner

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • 75% b/c Embree's leaving him no choice

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • 50% b/c Bohn would like to but may not have support

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • 25% one more year of this crap most likely

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • 0% No way Bohn has the nads and/or support to pull trigger

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters
Didn't Mack Brown replace both his offensive and defensive coordinators in the same year a few years back?

Regardless of that - I think there is 0% chance that Bohn pulls the trigger. He made a promise to Embree to give Embree at least three years. I think Bohn will keep that promise, even if it means 15,000 fans in the seats next season.
Not a chance. That would be at least $5M+ in loss revenue, no way does Bohn allow that

Saw a post over on Rivals that made a lot of sense. May come down to how willing Embree is to handle the "EB situation." The admin may want to replace both coordinators and Embree may not be willing to cross that bridge. Honestly, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to replace both coordinators and not the whole staff, since I've never heard of that happening at another school. Yet another situation that could only happen at dear old CU.

ya, I agree. I would guess there is a 30% chance Embree gets fired against a blowout loss to Utah. If Embree is willing to fire/demote his friend, then maybe he is able to make the other significant fixes that are necessary.

I think no established, successful D1 coordinator is going to head to CU to be a coordinator. But this could be an opportunity for an up and coming coach from a FCS school. Good chance for them to get a leg up on the likely HQ vacancy.

It won't get down to 15k. low 30's, maybe high 20's.... assuming we continue to look as bad next year as this year

Some BCS programs find a one win season unacceptable.

Others, and for the life of me I cannot fathom why after year one, will accept it and continue down the path.

Keeping Embree another year will set CU back a couple more due to recruiting. I don't see any way CU fires him, despite it being the only logical choice.

Not to mention, CU is actively losing a generation of future donors with the current students...

So what's next?

im having a hard kinda hard time reconciling making a change with not making one. On the one hand continuing down the current path is pure insanity. On the other hand is the unknown.

The quandary for me is what next? Who do we hire? How do we fix this? Can it be fixed at all? It's amazing how hard it is to get this right. How difficult it is to hire a great coach. Some choices seem obvious in terms of success but go down in flames. Others seem destined for failure yet end up a success. How do we get to the sweet spot?

Food for thought.

End the insanity.

75% chance Embree and staff will be fired by Monday at the latest. I was in favor of the hire at the time (though I was always skeptical of Brown as DC), but it's not working.

i don't see us winning or covering the spread. Hope I'm right if it forces a change.
Others have said this too but doesn't it just suck feeling like we have to root for our team to lose by a large enough margin for the administration to make a change? I hope we stop the bleeding within the next 6 days!

75% chance Embree and staff will be fired by Monday at the latest. I was in favor of the hire at the time (though I was always skeptical of Brown as DC), but it's not working.
Is that what you hope of believe? I don't see any indicators for a change. When a change happens at most schools, the messaging from the admin leading up to the change is usually different from what you see from CU admin right now.

Is that what you hope of believe? I don't see any indicators for a change. When a change happens at most schools, the messaging from the admin leading up to the change is usually different from what you see from CU admin right now.

The admin has been eerily silent. You could, of course, read it either way, but I expect them fire Embree and his staff. It's not what I'd hoped for. What I had hoped was that Embree's team would be showing signs of improvement so that he'd be given more time to complete the rebuilding process. No signs of improvement = losing the job.

Let's pull our resources and start a business.....we could kill it....

Back