What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honestly, can Embree survive this season?

I just think Spruce has what it takes. He looks great out of his breaks and he catches the ball.

Not defending EB, cause none of these guys have any justification for the beat downs, but J Webb has missed several passes and made several bad decisions in the offense. Tony Jones couldn't find or hit a hole on an Ice Pond. So hell, put EB on the hook too. Evaluate his arse! Mysteriously, I think EB looks a bit better at OC this year than last, but that isn't saying much either. They need to take all these positions to the film and make some decisions on the staff. I'm infuriated and embarassed!!! Joke of the town, joke of the nation.

I forgot to include that I have a problem with EB, Scherer, and Embro as far a lack of creativity as well. IF the freaking scheme isn't working for your personel, change it. We could go 2 TE's, 1 WR and just play smash mouth, with an occasional route to our TE's and see what happens. I mean, try something guys!!! We don't have the personel to throw 40 times a game!!! UGH!!!

I would completely agree with you had Embo not gotten beaten by three inferior teams in a row to start off the campaign. Had he taken two out of the first three, I would believe he was just dealing with manpower issues.

Fact is, first year McIlwain takes a far less talented team in his first year and beat CU. First year OC at a D1aa school with a walk on QB comes in and beats CU AT HOME. A Fresno team that so underperformed last year their previously successful HC was fired, gets a new HC, new offensive and defensive systems and take that mid-level MWC talent to absolutely destroy the Buffs. What was it 35-0 at the half?

Three chances to prepare your team against lesser talent and three consecutive losses, one of them the kind of ***whipping usually reserved for Florida State vs. Jacksonville St.

CSU hasn't won a game since the Rocky Mtn. Slowdown, Sac. St. isn't even FBS, Fresno is looking like a middle of the pack MWC team. Give me a break. CU is getting DESTROYED. Seven games in and the opponent AVERAGES 42 points a game. CU averages 18. CU has given up 50+ 3 times out of seven. First year coaches are mopping the floor with Embo's squad (CSU, Fresno, ASU) and he and his staff clearly have no answers.

I thought the bowl game talk was way premature when I heard it at the recruiting luncheon. I thought 4-5 W's were probably the best realistic estimate. This staff is plumbing new depths of getting outcoached and setting new lows. UMass, playing their first year of FBS ball is giving up less points. CU is what 119th or so in defense? Sorry, I have seen enough. Start over. KU did it when Turner Gill stunk up the place and landed Fat Charlie. I am no Fat Charlie fan, but it isn't like they couldn't get a "name" candidate, so don't tell me CU couldn't get a good HC if they opened the checkbook.

It has taken me a while to get thru this thread, but I could not have spelled it out any better. Rep sent.

If/When we endure a couple more no contest arse whoopin's, I believe all **** is going to hit the fan. So either after the Stanford game or U of A game someone is getting let go. I'm guessing Def Coordinator, but sheesh, might be Embo.

ITS 1.5 YEARS INTO A REBUILDING PROGRAM!!!!!!!!! Not one person connected to CU that understands football ever thought we would be turned around in essentially one recruiting cycle. Come on people get some perspective. He will be given 3-4 year because that is what it takes to get talent infusions and move any direction. Yes this year is frustrating but come on calling for a coaches job after a year and a half? Who the hell is gonna come to CU if we have a rep for firing coaches who can't turn a program in less than 2 years (with one recruiting cycle with your full staff)? No one will take that job. If we fire embree we are setting ourselves back another 3-4 years. JE may not be the answer but we must give him another recruiting cycle and another year to see if it starts to change. Fire him now we might as well disband the program and start totally fresh in 4 years.

I'm sure that most people would agree with you that generally speaking a coach should get more then two years to carry out a rebuilding job. The issue here is that Embree's tenure has been so amazingly bad that it transcends whatever legitimate excuses he may have. The team has also regressed from Hawk's last year to Embree's first season and from that season to this season. Combine the sheer suckatide we have seen under Embree, the team's yearly regresion under Embree, one average recruting class and two bad recruting classes, and the fact that Embree has litterally no track record of success during his career; is there really any reason to believe that things will improve if we keep Embree around. It would take a miracle for him to make us a .500 team, let alone to get this program to the point where we would all like to see it. It is painfully obvious that Embree can't coach and are no indications that things are or will get better, why delay the inevitable?

I'm sure that most people would agree with you that generally speaking a coach should get more then two years to carry out a rebuilding job. The issue here is that Embree's tenure has been so amazingly bad that it transcends whatever legitimate excuses he may have. The team has also regressed from Hawk's last year to Embree's first season and from that season to this season. Combine the sheer suckatide we have seen under Embree, the team's yearly regresion under Embree, one average recruting class and two bad recruting classes, and the fact that Embree has litterally no track record of success during his career; is there really any reason to believe that things will improve if we keep Embree around. It would take a miracle for him to make us a .500 team, let alone to get this program to the point where we would all like to see it. It is painfully obvious that Embree can't coach and are no indications that things are or will get better, why delay the inevitable?

Yup, delaying the inevitable only worsens our already disastrous situation. The sooner we make the switch (and yes, it's painful because we all like Embo), but the "back to the glory days" apporach doesn't work in 2012. When the most productive guy on your staff had a year coaching at Gannon (Pa.) College for his entire resume, you've got a major issue.

You don't go out and get beat like this and expect to keep your job, do you? Even the notsogreat triumverate of Benson, DiStephano and Bohn can't possibly keep this staff around after this, can they? This is damaged beyond repair. There's no way to come back from this. It can't be done. They're toast. Failures.

Really? You have been around football long enough to know that when a program gets hammered into the ground it takes time to resurrect it. Just relax and give it time...next year will be better and the next will result in a bowl game. There just isn't any upside to changing coaches every two years...You know that. Wait til Embree gets his boys in the program...If the same conditions exist then fine...time for a new staff. Until then STFU

Really? You have been around football long enough to know that when a program gets hammered into the ground it takes time to resurrect it. Just relax and give it time...next year will be better and the next will result in a bowl game. There just isn't any upside to changing coaches every two years...You know that. Wait til Embree gets his boys in the program...If the same conditions exist then fine...time for a new staff. Until then STFU

LMAO if you think this staff can a) have competence to coach a team to a bowl, and b) recruit any talent in here. Newsflash: our prized recruit has already jumped ship. There is NO SUCCESSFUL RECRUITING occurring. Not this year, not ever. We have already doomed ourself to bottom feeder, non BCS-caliber recruiting. The writing is on the wall. You are beyond delusional if you think this staff can dig themselves out of this hole.

There's no upside to getting best by 40+ every week either

There's no upside to getting best by 40+ every week either

And what caliber of "Embree's boys" do people exactly think we're going to land? Parsons bouncing proves that recruits already know this staff is a failure and a sinking ship. We're not exactly talking about forfeiting a top 3 class in the Pac with a coaching change this year. This class was destined for 12th in the Pac WITH Parsons. I'm not sure what on earth it will possibly take for people to realize that this staff's recruiting aura is bogus. EB can't even land us a decent running back. And as to developing the players we bring in, well, just forget it. McGee has done the best job, the rest are utter failures.

Really??! Based upon what??

Next year will have a new quarterback, and hopefully a new offensive coordinator. And even more of "Embree's boys." (In case you hadn't noticed, the vast majority of the players who suit up and play for Colorado on Saturdays were signed by Embree)

I've seen absolutely nothing from this staff in two years to show me that they have the first clue of what they are doing. There's no plan. There's no cohesion. All there has been so far is a bunch of hot air out of the head coach's mouth.

Sadly, because I like the coaches on this staff and wanted them to succeed it has become apparent that a change will have to be made.

On one side it really isn't fair not to give a coach at least 4 years to implement his system. Despite the panic mode around here Embree has improved the talent level significantly at a number of positions. They are all very young but we have a solid group of young DBs now, we have the best looking group of young DL that we have had in decades, we have a couple of good looking young TEs (even with the likely loss of Parsons,) and with Dillon and Sefu we have the best young QB prospects we have had in years.

On the other side losing some of the games we have lost indicates that it just isn't working. At this point getting beat by 40 playing schools like USC and Oregon is expected. The gap is just to large. On the other hand there is no excuse for losses like Hawaii last year, and more significantly like our first three this year. Those are teams we should be beating now.

The issue is that another couple of years could be argued as "fair" but this is a bottom line question. How many coaches at this level have ever had a season like this one with the losses to teams like we have lost to, and turned it around in the next couple of years. I can't think of any because it doesn't happen. Yes, Mac had some terrible years early on but he was losing to top 50 type schools, not FCS schools. Delaying change is only going to delay our eventual recovery at this point.

There has to be some change. Even if Embree stays, he needs to get a better D-Coordinator and Offensive Line coach at least.

There has to be some change. Even if Embree stays, he needs to get a better D-Coordinator and Offensive Line coach at least.

Most would agree, but how can he do this when nobody in their right mind would come here with this situation? This is literally a catch-22 with the only real option being to blow up the whole thing unless they can somehow draw really qualified coordinators.

Really??! Based upon what??

Next year will have a new quarterback, and hopefully a new offensive coordinator. And even more of "Embree's boys." (In case you hadn't noticed, the vast majority of the players who suit up and play for Colorado on Saturdays were signed by Embree)

I've seen absolutely nothing from this staff in two years to show me that they have the first clue of what they are doing. There's no plan. There's no cohesion. All there has been so far is a bunch of hot air out of the head coach's mouth.

This shows me that the previous guy really didn't leave a lot in pipeline. When your a second year coach and most of the players are your guys that are playing every Saturday. This spells a recipe for disaster and that's what we are seeing.

It's called rebuilding for a reason. At some point we can only hope that we get to the reloading stage but until then. The beatdowns will continue.

This shows me that the previous guy really didn't leave a lot in pipeline. When your a second year coach and most of the players are your guys that are playing every Saturday. This spells a recipe for disaster and that's what we are seeing.

It's called rebuilding for a reason. At some point we can only hope that we get to the reloading stage but until then. The beatdowns will continue.

Have you seen the 2013 recruiting class?

The previous guy actually left a pretty decent team last year; lots of seniors, lots of experience. Embree won 3 games with it.

Now we're left to see what Embree can do with his own players. The results, to date, are less than promising.

Sadly, because I like the coaches on this staff and wanted them to succeed it has become apparent that a change will have to be made.

On one side it really isn't fair not to give a coach at least 4 years to implement his system. Despite the panic mode around here Embree has improved the talent level significantly at a number of positions. They are all very young but we have a solid group of young DBs now, we have the best looking group of young DL that we have had in decades, we have a couple of good looking young TEs (even with the likely loss of Parsons,) and with Dillon and Sefu we have the best young QB prospects we have had in years.

On the other side losing some of the games we have lost indicates that it just isn't working. At this point getting beat by 40 playing schools like USC and Oregon is expected. The gap is just to large. On the other hand there is no excuse for losses like Hawaii last year, and more significantly like our first three this year. Those are teams we should be beating now.

The issue is that another couple of years could be argued as "fair" but this is a bottom line question. How many coaches at this level have ever had a season like this one with the losses to teams like we have lost to, and turned it around in the next couple of years. I can't think of any because it doesn't happen. Yes, Mac had some terrible years early on but he was losing to top 50 type schools, not FCS schools. Delaying change is only going to delay our eventual recovery at this point.
Well said, rep sent.

Folks seem to ignore the fact that football is a zero sum game. Is CU doing anything better than any of the other 11 teams in the P12? Is there any indication that CU, under JE, will gain ground on any of the other P12 schools in any aspect of college football? Who on the current CU coaching staff can point to a track record of any kind of success in college football? What evidence is there that JE will do anything in the future other than solidify CU's position as a permanent last place team?

article in DP saying Bohn is seeing improvement...almost comical the improvement he points out...damn. We are soooo screwed... we might have embree for a couple of more years with all this "improvement" ....

I really have no more words. So... :rofl2: :bang: :cry:

Back