What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honestly guys..........Where do we go from Here???

Keeping Hawkins sends a clear "We're happy and pleased with the state of CU Football" message to both of the remaining recruit prospects (OK, OK, I know - the NCAA doesn't want schools going after 7th Graders, but c'mon... give Hawk a break, OK?).

But the Pac-10 HAS to be drooling with glee over CU's performance yesterday. "We need bottom rung programs that have a reputation claim but can't possibly live up to that!" I'll be surprised if the Pac-10 hasn't already bundled up enough money to pay off the Big-12 departure fee JUST to get CU on everyone's schedule sooner than later. And if there's a proviso of "You must keep Hawk for another 10 years", I'm sure the Pac-10's TV dollars will cover that, too.

After all, the CU Admin's happy with this program and all the money the Pac-10 will bring. Pac-10 Baseball's got a good reputation, too. So's the Softball program. Rowing, too. CU's gonna enjoy the Pac-10 so much.

Where do "WE" go from here? If you are referring to the program, nowhere as long as Coach Hawkins continues to be at the helm. A continuing rewind and replay of the last 4 years. Trapped in a repeating time loop. No serious running game, no O-line, no defensive pressure, more "gashers", more penalties and errors. Hawkins has had four years to work his magic and his wand is all out of charges.

Where do "WE" go as fans? I can't speak for everyone else but I won't be following the Buffs for the whole season if something doesn't give. I was around for the Fairbanks years and that was bad enough, but Hawkins has turned me into a "fair-weather" fan. The passion and the interest for watching on TV, attending a game, listening on KOA, following on ESPN Gamecast, scouring the articles and stats is gone. I laughed from the first Cal TD on yesterday, completely detached. It was like it wasn't even my team playing. Guys I've just lost interest in the CU Buffs.

Going into this week I wasn't expecting CU to win the game.....but seriously WTF!!! All I was asking for was a close game i.e. 7-10 points but I guess that was WAAAAAYYY too much to ask for!! Obviously we need better everything!!.....My concern is that CU has been down for so long and is at a point now where unless there is some serious $$$ spent on a new big time coach, I don't know that we can get any guys to come to our program.

Its such a shame too because CU has a great campus, a solid football tradition, good academics, plenty to do so there is no reason why the program can't be great....CU is in bad shape financially so I'm wondering what the hell do we do??? I would rather have a big time guy as opposed to coach Mac but I'm wondering if he wouldn't be the best choice right now given our circumstances. Even if we hired a good OC or DC from a BSC school I think at this point kids are so turned off with CU right now that they will go somewhere else making the climb back up even more steep. At least with Coach Mac he still has some cache left with his name, still has the fire in his belly and could probably bring in 3-5 really good guys a year to bring us back to at least winning more games than we lose! I think he could bring us back to at least being respectful and then we could get a solid replacement. What say you guys??? Where do we go from here??? Where is the money from our big donors and/or admin???

I don't think Mac is the answer. Sure, his name has a cache with us and hes proven that he knows how to win. The problem is the kids available today were not even born when Mac retired. Top tier talent chose a program for one reason; they believe that program will get them to the NFL. So he will not instantly start landing 5 five star players.

The only way I can see Mac in the picture is as an advisor or as HC with a handoff plan. My guess is he hires a staff with a successor anointed (EB?) after 3 years.

The team I saw Sat is not devoid of talent. The defense was pretty decent. Special teams was not terrible but not great. The offense has some tools (Hansen, Speedy, WRs) but struggles to block and protect the qb. Worst of all the vast majority of penalties were committed by the offense and in that regard CU beat itself. The play calling was not very good at all and our only score came on a busted play.

The penalties are the obvious sign that CU remains a poorly coached team.

Last edited:
Start scheduling like everyone else, one top25 team and 3 cupcakes. CU needs wins period. Don't care how. Win games and get to a bowl. Going out and playing a cal and georgia means nothing when you keep getting your ass kicked.

I think they do this in part because attendance is not very good and we need the money. Signing the tOSU deal is an obvious sign of the cash crunch (I hear their were a lot of cancelations). People no longer buy CU season tickets because its the right thing to do so the AD has to schedule marquee teams to draw. Once we get into the KU, KSU, ISU games I bet CU loses money on those games. This is also probably why the Pac10 becomes a smart move because it will probably improve increase season ticket sales. Name another away game where CU drew 7000 fans.

I don't think Mac is the answer. Sure, his name has a cache with us and hes proven that he knows how to win. The problem is the kids available today were not even born when Mac retired. Top tier talent chose a program for one reason; they believe that program will get them to the NFL. So he will not instantly start landing 5 five star players.

The only way I can see Mac in the picture is as an advisor or as HC with a handoff plan. My guess is he hires a staff with a successor anointed (EB?) after 3 years.

The team I saw Sat is not devoid of talent. The defense was pretty decent. Special teams was not terrible but not great. The offense has some tools (Hansen, Speedy, WRs) but struggles to block and protect the qb. Worst of all the vast majority of penalties were committed by the offense and in that regard CU beat itself. The play calling was not very good at all and our only score came on a busted play.

The penalties are the obvious sign that CU remains a poorly coached team.

I don't know if anyone expects Mac to go out and recruit top-tier talent straight-away. But the guy could come in, evaluate the coaching staff, evaluate the team, and (hopefully) get this team playing tough, hardnosed football.

Back