What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honestly, how many of you thought the game was lost?

bigskybuff

Me too. Then I looked at how many games SJOSE STATE won last year by less than 7 points. I held out hope, which in the past 7 years would have made me cry, but we actually did it. I am still in a can't believe it happened to us mode but coaching and some experience made the difference. Their receivers made some incredible plays but CU took 2 to the house and made me a believer. My wife, a Japanese lady, who was watching the game with me, said I had an organism, which is about the closest adjective I could come up with. Wow, a coaching staff who keeps going in the face of adversity, and wins the close games by coaching their players through it, I am so excited for next weeks pay back. ****in A, go Buffs!!!!

ps the fact the Texass shorthorns got their overrated, 5* asses handed to them after this made my night.

Anyone in the chat knows I thought we had lost it before Bell's pick 6 off the deflection.

Now tell us more about this organism...

Pretty sure most of us thought so. I mean, before Bell's pick 6, we were looking at going down two scores.

Oh well, we won, who cares how it happened. We just need Ws right now.

I left right after our 4th turnover. I just couldn't do it. We scored 17 points in a bit over 3 full quarters and 21 after I left.

I remember my first organism.
Me too. It's been a private joke for us. When she said it tonight, after I was screaming and yelling, I just couldn't contain myself. Yeah, I realize this opens me up for more ridicule but I couldn't care less right now. After waiting for months for the college football season to start, and then wanting to puke after the first 2 weeks the past 7 years , I am on a total high. Legal even for once. Payback next week.

Chat had a collective flashback to last season for a moments, it wasn't pretty. Then snapped back to reality

I told my wife this off season. "The buffs are making a commitment to overcoming adversity, so I as a fan should make that same commitment."

I was sure we were going to loose and being a downer and my wife (a husker who put on a buffs t shirt at half..gotta love her) reminded me of my commitment. I said yeah you are right and said "We have a new coach, a new team, and players hungry for a win."

Then Bell had his pick 6.

I guess it takes all of us to believe.

****in happy! go buffs!

Fight!
Fight!
Fight Fight Fight!!!

24-17 I was in meltdown mode, to my suprise, this team unlike the last 7 years keeps fighting and DOES NOT QUIT.

This staff is changing the culture. While it is taking some time for the fans to realize it, the culture has a new base and is now different for this team when compared to the last 7 years. We may not reach a bowl game this year, although I am now thinking it is a possibility, but MikeMac has change this program for the better. We are on a positive path for progress now.

I didn't think it was lost, but I thought that UCA was in a groove and ready to close it out on the pick 6 drive. Buffs are making plays and it's different guys stepping up. Awesome to see.

My husband (CU alum) and I were also in meltdown mode a few times. I turned the channel to see what was happening in the NASCAR race (fantasic to see a single car team w/a Colorado sponsor make the chase) , see if BYU could keep it up against Texas (awesome!!) and check out the Valor game. I've become such a whimp, I have the fan version of PTSD.

After a few breathers, we managed to watch the rest of the game and were extremely happy for the team, the coaches and the fans. I'll take that win "All night long".

I didn't think the game was lost, but was concerned. The O line needs work, esp Nembot, but PRich is the man.

I left right after our 4th turnover. I just couldn't do it. We scored 17 points in a bit over 3 full quarters and 21 after I left.

I wasn't going to tell, but since you spilled the beans... I didn't leave any game early last year or the year before, but when I saw you leave I was thinking you had the right idea. But I figured I'd wait and see if they could get going, luckily I did.

I had to go to work after the game and was debating leaving since being in traffic AND having a loss in the game would make me pissed off. Decided to stay and see how the kids handled it. Told the guy next to me 'We need an interception right here, right now.' Pick 6.....and he about beat a lung out of me congratulating me on making the call before it happened. I moved down to the student section for the rest of the game.

I told my son, "We're going to lose." So, yeah, I guess I thought we were going to lose. :lol:

Last edited:
I had to go to work after the game and was debating leaving since being in traffic AND having a loss in the game would make me pissed off. Decided to stay and see how the kids handled it. Told the guy next to me 'We need an interception right here, right now.' Pick 6.....and he about beat a lung out of me congratulating me on making the call before it happened. I moved down to the student section for the rest of the game.

If you don't mind me saying it, you don't handle praise very well.

Me too. Then I looked at how many games SJOSE STATE won last year by less than 7 points. I held out hope, which in the past 7 years would have made me cry, but we actually did it. I am still in a can't believe it happened to us mode but coaching and some experience made the difference. Their receivers made some incredible plays but CU took 2 to the house and made me a believer. My wife, a Japanese lady, who was watching the game with me, said I had an organism, which is about the closest adjective I could come up with. Wow, a coaching staff who keeps going in the face of adversity, and wins the close games by coaching their players through it, I am so excited for next weeks pay back. ****in A, go Buffs!!!!

ps the fact the Texass shorthorns got their overrated, 5* asses handed to them after this made my night.

How was this a "coaching" victory (in the face of adversity)? This was 2 great defensive plays, not some planning or scheming by the staff. I thought MM looked lost before the tip and TD.
In the end, we had a 14 point lead, CA adjusted better than us and we were lucky to win. But it was great to watch and special for the players

How was this a "coaching" victory (in the face of adversity)? This was 2 great defensive plays, not some planning or scheming by the staff. I thought MM looked lost before the tip and TD.
In the end, we had a 14 point lead, CA adjusted better than us and we were lucky to win. But it was great to watch and special for the players

I've always felt that we fired Embree prematurely as well.

Seriously, are you so parochial that you can't see the difference in coaching? Obviously the answer is "yes".

Me too. It's been a private joke for us. When she said it tonight, after I was screaming and yelling, I just couldn't contain myself. Yeah, I realize this opens me up for more ridicule but I couldn't care less right now. After waiting for months for the college football season to start, and then wanting to puke after the first 2 weeks the past 7 years , I am on a total high. Legal even for once. Payback next week.

:thumbsup:

Dumbass

Back