What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honestly what do you think our chances this week. REALLY. no sunshine pumpers here!

What outcome

• Total voters

buffs6236

Club Member
Club Member
Truthfully what do you think our chances are friday. i am getting fired up and want to kick some ass.

I really think we have a good chance to win. Gonna have to bring it in every phase. Run the ball well, control the LOS, continue to be good against the run and most importantly don't make any huge mistakes. I'm feeling good about this game.

I think our defense matches up pretty well with their offense.

I picked blow out loss, but I don't really mean blow out. I bet they win by 10 - 17 points. I don't think we'll be able to move the ball and I'm pretty worried about our secondary.

:lol: hey I'm just being honest. I think we will play well for 3 quarters but Nebraska will wear us out in the 4th.

This was the exact scenario I was afraid of after the ISU win. We would beat KSU and then have our hearts pulled out by the corn. I'm just hoping, praying (God doesn't care though), and wishing on every star I see that we get this win.

My take...

Both offenses struggle. I bet NU runs the wildcat at least 50% of the time and passes less than 8 times all game (Im assuming Martinez is out for the game). CU's D will be solid, but get worn down in the 4th. CU will struggle against the Blackshirts, and NU has a clear advantage in the Special Teams area with Henery. Im thinking 13-6 final, in a dull game to end this series.

My take...

Both offenses struggle. I bet NU runs the wildcat at least 50% of the time and passes less than 8 times all game (Im assuming Martinez is out for the game). CU's D will be solid, but get worn down in the 4th. CU will struggle against the Blackshirts, and NU has a clear advantage in the Special Teams area with Henery. Im thinking 13-6 final, in a dull game to end this series.

good post, wouldn't surprise me one bit with everything you said

Buffs play inspired ball but Huskers capitalize on one maybe two key mistakes and end up winning 28-24 NU :(

Playing with emotion and fire is everything in college football and right now CU is doing both. Cabral has really instilled that in them in a short period of time and his quotes this week (I've got a lot more for 'em) give me a good vibe about the game. What sucks is the history of the series and how we generally seem to either **** it up ourselves (see: squib kick, missed makeable FGs, fumble for no reason going in for a TD) or have it ripped from us (57 yard FG). Honestly though, I see BC getting them inspired to play very well. That with the fact the NU doesn't take us seriously (and the ****storm they're going through this week) makes me believe a CU victory will happen. Go Buffs!

Can Buffs steal one in Lincoln?

My take...

Your scenario seems likely, but with this Pelini Vs. Martinez mess going on, I think the Buffs can snatch a victory from a less than focused Sker team. If Cody can continue to play turnover free QB, and the suddenly surging running game can move the ball and dominate the line of scrimmage we could be right there at the end. Can any Buff fans imagine the redemtion of our sorry ass kicker knocking down three to win the game? :wow:

I think CU pulls this one out. A team that is believing, playing well combined with the other team that may quit on their coach if we get up early. Getting up early may push Bo Peep over the edge. He is going to have a very short leash with the refs this week.

CU 24 NU 13

This was the exact scenario I was afraid of after the ISU win. We would beat KSU and then have our hearts pulled out by the corn. I'm just hoping, praying (God doesn't care though), and wishing on every star I see that we get this win.

Have faith that God's grand plan of Return to Dominance for the mighty Buffs is on the horizon. Win on Friday or not.

Go Buffs!

Have faith that God's grand plan of Return to Dominance for the mighty Buffs is on the horizon. Win on Friday or not.

Go Buffs!

God dosen't have a thing to do with college atheletics. Or anything else for that matter.

Reasons the Buffs lose:
- It’s an away game, and the last 16 weren’t anomalies
- Martinez heals and is +90% healthy on game day (we have done poorly vs running QB’s i.e. RG3)
- The Buffs turn the ball over
- The Buffs offense has a lot of 3 and outs
- The NU kicker is much better than ours
- Some type of special teams screw up
- All of the controversy surrounding the QB and coach inspire the Huskers to play better
- NU is fired up to win the north, and are out for revenge from last week

Reasons the Buffs win:
- NU is still upset about last week, and don’t have their heads in the game (why should they CU lost to KU)
- The focus on Bo and Martinez are distractions and the team is not focused
- NU tries to get Martinez reps to get ready for the week, and in the end can’t play, leaving option #2 less than prepared
- Watson has a very generic game plan since he has no idea which QB will be ready
- Cabral has the Buffs fired up and ready to play, they now know about red week and come out on fire!
- The Buffs really have jelled over the past few weeks and have a different road mentality
- Keisau was truly held back by big hawk, and has a game plan that puts NU on their heals
- NU has done well playing with the lead, and poorly playing from behind. If the Buffs come out and get points on the board the past result for NU may come again
- The D continues to play aggressive, and has a 6-8 sack day like the last two weeks, while forcing a few turnovers

Colorado wants this one more, they are just as hungry for success finally as we are, and I believe we are more focused. I personally don't think they will wear us out in the fourth quarter any more than our huge o-line will wear them out at the same time. I think we also have a qb edge in this game. They have homefield. I'm gonna say Colorado pulls it out by a toenail barring mistakes.

Last edited:
Back