Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffs6236, Nov 23, 2010.
I really can't get over the road woes thing. its going to be close, I just wonder if we can get over that hump.
UGH i just want this win more than anything!
I really think we have a good chance to win. Gonna have to bring it in every phase. Run the ball well, control the LOS, continue to be good against the run and most importantly don't make any huge mistakes. I'm feeling good about this game.
I think our defense matches up pretty well with their offense.
lot of kool-aid drinking in here.. Nebraska will win by 10 plus points.
With the refs on our side, I choose CU!
Thanks Buffmani...I mean jimmy. :smile2:
I picked blow out loss, but I don't really mean blow out. I bet they win by 10 - 17 points. I don't think we'll be able to move the ball and I'm pretty worried about our secondary.
:lol: hey I'm just being honest. I think we will play well for 3 quarters but Nebraska will wear us out in the 4th.
He just fears that a buff win equals a Cabral permanent hiring.:smile2:
This was the exact scenario I was afraid of after the ISU win. We would beat KSU and then have our hearts pulled out by the corn. I'm just hoping, praying (God doesn't care though), and wishing on every star I see that we get this win.
I won't deny that.
I hope I'm wrong.
Close win. The Buffs will get it done.
Both offenses struggle. I bet NU runs the wildcat at least 50% of the time and passes less than 8 times all game (Im assuming Martinez is out for the game). CU's D will be solid, but get worn down in the 4th. CU will struggle against the Blackshirts, and NU has a clear advantage in the Special Teams area with Henery. Im thinking 13-6 final, in a dull game to end this series.
good post, wouldn't surprise me one bit with everything you said
Buffs play inspired ball but Huskers capitalize on one maybe two key mistakes and end up winning 28-24 NU
i'm not going to post a moral victory loss.
early 2 point conversion wins it for the Buffs.
Umm, Hawk is gone.
I chose close win. I would love to say goodbye to the bug eaters by blowing them out though.
I think CU wins 3 out of 10 times. Will Friday be one of those three times ?
Playing with emotion and fire is everything in college football and right now CU is doing both. Cabral has really instilled that in them in a short period of time and his quotes this week (I've got a lot more for 'em) give me a good vibe about the game. What sucks is the history of the series and how we generally seem to either **** it up ourselves (see: squib kick, missed makeable FGs, fumble for no reason going in for a TD) or have it ripped from us (57 yard FG). Honestly though, I see BC getting them inspired to play very well. That with the fact the NU doesn't take us seriously (and the ****storm they're going through this week) makes me believe a CU victory will happen. Go Buffs!
Can Buffs steal one in Lincoln?
Your scenario seems likely, but with this Pelini Vs. Martinez mess going on, I think the Buffs can snatch a victory from a less than focused Sker team. If Cody can continue to play turnover free QB, and the suddenly surging running game can move the ball and dominate the line of scrimmage we could be right there at the end. Can any Buff fans imagine the redemtion of our sorry ass kicker knocking down three to win the game? :wow:
I think CU pulls this one out. A team that is believing, playing well combined with the other team that may quit on their coach if we get up early. Getting up early may push Bo Peep over the edge. He is going to have a very short leash with the refs this week.
CU 24 NU 13
Have faith that God's grand plan of Return to Dominance for the mighty Buffs is on the horizon. Win on Friday or not.
God dosen't have a thing to do with college atheletics. Or anything else for that matter.
close loss. Field position and special teams do us in.
Reasons the Buffs lose:
- It’s an away game, and the last 16 weren’t anomalies
- Martinez heals and is +90% healthy on game day (we have done poorly vs running QB’s i.e. RG3)
- The Buffs turn the ball over
- The Buffs offense has a lot of 3 and outs
- The NU kicker is much better than ours
- Some type of special teams screw up
- All of the controversy surrounding the QB and coach inspire the Huskers to play better
- NU is fired up to win the north, and are out for revenge from last week
Reasons the Buffs win:
- NU is still upset about last week, and don’t have their heads in the game (why should they CU lost to KU)
- The focus on Bo and Martinez are distractions and the team is not focused
- NU tries to get Martinez reps to get ready for the week, and in the end can’t play, leaving option #2 less than prepared
- Watson has a very generic game plan since he has no idea which QB will be ready
- Cabral has the Buffs fired up and ready to play, they now know about red week and come out on fire!
- The Buffs really have jelled over the past few weeks and have a different road mentality
- Keisau was truly held back by big hawk, and has a game plan that puts NU on their heals
- NU has done well playing with the lead, and poorly playing from behind. If the Buffs come out and get points on the board the past result for NU may come again
- The D continues to play aggressive, and has a 6-8 sack day like the last two weeks, while forcing a few turnovers
Colorado wants this one more, they are just as hungry for success finally as we are, and I believe we are more focused. I personally don't think they will wear us out in the fourth quarter any more than our huge o-line will wear them out at the same time. I think we also have a qb edge in this game. They have homefield. I'm gonna say Colorado pulls it out by a toenail barring mistakes.
My heart says close win but my head says blowout loss.
Separate names with a comma.