What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honestly what do you think our chances this week. REALLY. no sunshine pumpers here!

What outcome

• Total voters
- NU tries to get Martinez reps to get ready for the week, and in the end can’t play, leaving option #2 less than prepared

This is a very good point, and something I am worried about. I think they need to give Cody Green almost all the reps this week. If Martinez can play, then great, he wont be hurt by not getting reps as much as Green will be by not getting them. I hope the NU coaching staff feels the same way.

Also, the wildcard for CU is Stewart. He has the ability to really tilt this game for CU. He is a very good back, and if I was Cabral I would design the whole game plan around getting him the ball in a variety of ways. He gives you the best chance of winning.

This is going to a fight to the end. As stated earlier, I think both offenses struggle. Do not know if CU has changed their perspective on the road or not.

Also, the wildcard for CU is Stewart. He has the ability to really tilt this game for CU. He is a very good back, and if I was Cabral I would design the whole game plan around getting him the ball in a variety of ways. He gives you the best chance of winning.

Bingo. Stewart has to get 30+ carries. The Husker run defense is, in a word, overrated. They've allowed big numbers from their creampuff teams, and averaged over 150 per game through the season. The last 5-6 team to come into Lincoln and win ran up 209 yards on the ground (Texas). Ideally Speedy can get 40 carries, but it's a short week. We had better wear out Speedy and Jefferson; with a couple of QB draws by Cody to keep them guessing. NU passing defense, on the other hand, is stout. If Cody throws less than 15 times, we win the time of possession and probably this game.

The wildcard is Martinez, because we can score points in a hurry. But he seems to have a bad wheel and I'm guessing that he's in no mood to play his heart out for Bo.

I think the only way NU wins this is a blowout. If Martinez plays and Niles Paul grows a pair of hands all the sudden it could get ugly.

Not worried about the Buffs run D. Yeah, they still get worn down late but not until the 4th Q. Helu's good, but he's not a power back. He needs a passing game to open up the creases in the middle of the field.

I'm more optimistic that CU is going to throw some points on the board. If Pelini stacks the box on us after what Richardson's done over the last month, he's a serious idot. Their safeties are going to have to play honest, and Speedy is going to get plenty runs in the 4-6 yd gravy range on his way to another 100 yd game.

I think - THINK - CU will be leading this going into the 4th Q. And it wouldn't surprise me if we're up by a couple scores. So it's going to come down to us being able to hold a lead. We don't have a back who can grind it out, and Nebraska doesn't have a WR who can dominate. Draw. As long as our O can keep from coughing up the football we'll be OK. Maybe Henery bangs a couple long FG's, but I don't think it will be enough.

CU 28-27.

Bingo. Stewart has to get 30+ carries. The Husker run defense is, in a word, overrated. They've allowed big numbers from their creampuff teams, and averaged over 150 per game through the season. The last 5-6 team to come into Lincoln and win ran up 209 yards on the ground (Texas). Ideally Speedy can get 40 carries, but it's a short week. We had better wear out Speedy and Jefferson; with a couple of QB draws by Cody to keep them guessing. NU passing defense, on the other hand, is stout. If Cody throws less than 15 times, we win the time of possession and probably this game.

The wildcard is Martinez, because we can score points in a hurry. But he seems to have a bad wheel and I'm guessing that he's in no mood to play his heart out for Bo.

I don't want to see cody running too many qb draws. We have nothing behind him if he gets hurt. Also, I really doubt that cody is going to have less than 15 passes. Stewart's YPC is average at best. We'll need a passing game to open up the run.

Nebraska's corners are quick, and the defensive side of Nebraska at home is every bit as good as Mizzou or Oklahoma.
This is senior day for the Nubs, and the B12CCG invite is there for the taking. Nebraska can rely on their D to tip Cody Hawkin's passes, get several sacks, and keep speedy under 80 yards. Scotty, P.Rich, and Clemmons combine for under 170 yards and 1 TD. Goodman misses one or two FG's.

CU's defense is solid against the run, limiting TD's by Burkhead and Helu. One or two picks are possible. Short bus is working on his signature bubblescreen, which exploits Sandersfield, Polk, and a soft pass D up the middle. Henrey will put points on the board three at a time.

CU 14
kNU 27.

Long ride home.

I believe we'll win in a close one.

I think Martinez is gimpy and if he plays, he won't be explosive which is his big strength. If Green plays, I'm not too concerned that he's the difference maker. I am a bit worried about Helu and Burkhead, I think they could really give us trouble if we're not careful. I'm not too concerned with the corn's passing attack against us. Unless Lee is healthy and comes in, I just don't see them killing us with the pass.

Our O-line really needs to step up with another big game. They need to give Speedy enough holes to gain yards and control the clock, keep the corn from just teeing off on Cody. Speaking of which, Cody is gonna have to play a good game. No picks, no bad sacks.

Hopefully the game doesn't come down to special teams, since that's where the corn have the huge advantage over us. That ****ing K/P of theirs is damn good, especially with the coffin-corner punt. We need to balance that with Grossnickel having a solid day and the O needs to avoid 3-and-outs.

I like that we have positive momentum going into this game, and I think Cabral will right the road woes we've had under hawk, and ultimately, I think that's the little bit that gets us the win in a back and forth type of game.

All that said, I was at the Cal game, so I know firsthand how our team has struggled on the road and I wouldn't be surprised to see this game go badly if we don't control the ball and avoid turnovers...

Colorado wants this one more, they are just as hungry for success finally as we are, and I believe we are more focused. I personally don't think they will wear us out in the fourth quarter any more than our huge o-line will wear them out at the same time. I think we also have a qb edge in this game. They have homefield. I'm gonna say Colorado pulls it out by a toenail barring mistakes.

really ? you do know that a Nebraska win and they are Big 12 North champs & go on to play OSU, OU or A&M for all the B12 marbles

I don't want to see cody running too many qb draws. We have nothing behind him if he gets hurt.
I hadn't thought about that- as much as I'm opposed to burning a redshirt, I agree. Scratch that thought.

We'll need a passing game to open up the run.

Not sure I agree with that. We should not expect Cody to throw the passes we've seen to Richardson over the last few weeks - this secondary is much better than KSU and ISU and will pick passes that Cody has completed in those games. They get far more picks than they allow passing TDs (16 picks versus 10 TDs); and this is one game where we can't afford turnovers. The less we rely on Cody, the better; even though he's played relatively well against the Huskers in past years.

FWIW, Texas had 16 pass attempts with only 4 completions for 62 yards. It can be done.

CU 19
NU 16

Fun Fact: Guess who is last in the Big 12 for passing yards per game? Hint: H _ _ _ _ _ s.

This is a very good point, and something I am worried about. I think they need to give Cody Green almost all the reps this week. If Martinez can play, then great, he wont be hurt by not getting reps as much as Green will be by not getting them. I hope the NU coaching staff feels the same way.

Another one NU should watch out for is Paul Richardson. He can do big things anytime he touches the ball.

BC does something Talkins couldn't do. Get a road win. And with the Li'l Bo distractions going on I think that may leed to a lack of focus for the Butthuskers

Last edited:
really ? you do know that a Nebraska win and they are Big 12 North champs & go on to play OSU, OU or A&M for all the B12 marbles

Yep, I know. They are dealing more with internal and external issues right now than focusing on Colorado. Colorado has an even need to win this game to get to a bowl and this game is always tilted in our favor with rivalry intensity. I'm not saying they don't want this bad too, but I think Colorado players and fans want it more.

I have a little faith in the Buffs restored for the week. I still have a hard time thinking we can roll into Lincoln and pull out a W, but what the hell. Go Buffs!

Not too clear about what blackshirts means. I guess it means giving up 30 to ISU. A team that can do that, we can beat. But if Martinez is 90% or better, we'll have trouble - he doesn't throw too badly either, and not sure we can handle the dual threat. Just hope they have butterfingers like they did against UT.

For those talking about emotion carrying Colorado...emotion only last for about 5 minutes and then athleticism has to take over. Not enough horses. Lack of Dline depth for Cu and wealth of Dline dpeth on NU is going to be the difference. NU is 8-9 deep across the OL this year insead of 3 healthy.
Too much focus on the QB. Like last year, QB just has to not turn it over.

For those talking about emotion carrying Colorado...emotion only last for about 5 minutes and then athleticism has to take over. Not enough horses. Lack of Dline depth for Cu and wealth of Dline dpeth on NU is going to be the difference. NU is 8-9 deep across the OL this year insead of 3 healthy.

Disagree. Our O-line is anchored by an Outland finalist, high 1st round draft pick and also has a future NFL lineman in Ryan Miller. The O-line has been healthy and gelled for about 4 games and it has showed dramatically. Solder is going to murder whomever is lining up against him. This O-line is as talented as it has been since 01 and 02 and you know what happened then. We have better WR's, QB(if Mart isn't playing and even if he is hobbled, Cody H is about a mousefart from being 2-0 against you guys), and RB is about equal(speedy has over 1200 yards rushing). I won't argue that your D overall is definitely better, but our run D is better than yours(check stats) and has 13 or 14 sacks in the last 2 games. You think emotion and determination isn't important? Then explain to me why Colorado always gives Nebraska fits for 60 minutes even when they have no business doing so.

Last edited:
This game has all signs pointing to an upset. Hopefully it happens.

dead cold honesty:

40% chance win but i think we show up and play hard, either way.

seniors leave it all on the field. all the Cody batted balls at the LOS last week against KSU worry me....didn't cost us, but on the road...one play makes the diff. i like Clemons and PR to show up, make plays and more of the Will Jefferson wildcat.

Beatty, Hartigan, Sip, Pericek need to make plays like we've seen the last two weeks.

Last edited:

Hmm, funny. We still have the same O-lineman thats a Outland finalist and a 1st round draft choice that held Suh in check last year.

Ryan Miller is big and mean too. You can't tell me that our O-line isn't very good for us to have a 1200 yard rusher right now.

I also don't think the talent gap is as big as you make it out to be.

Last edited:
My dad had a saying, "wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one fills up first." We start slow with mistakes in passing and ST that put us down by 14. Nowledge U builds on the mistakes by the special teams and wins going away.

NU 38
CU 13

With that being said, I'm wishing like a motherf***er right now. GO BUFFS!!!

Historically speaking, the games have either been collossal blowouts with CU winning, or heart breaking, gut wrenching, give-us-nightmares for years close losses.

I'm going with the close loss.

Historically speaking, the games have either been collossal blowouts with CU winning, or heart breaking, gut wrenching, give-us-nightmares for years close losses.

I'm going with the close loss.

I disagree. The last 5 wins by the Huskers have been by margins of 8,9,23,27,9. That isnt heartwrenching or close (57 yd FG game excluded). If you want to go all the way back to the 90s, then yes. But I dont see much relevance to this game from that era.

Even though I would just love CU to win this game it will be a close loss in a low scoring game. CU hasn't beat a ranked team on the road since 2002. Nebraska D is pretty good and we will strugle to move the ball. Nebraska O is pretty bad and they will struggle to move the ball. I think our Rush D will surprise Nebraska if they haven't been paying attention. Special teams will be the key and we all know CU special teams are the short bus variety. Only way I see a CU win is if we get lucky on turnovers.

Back