1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoopgurlz on 2013 Buff class

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by buffgal, Apr 12, 2012.

1. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

COLORADO BUFFALOES

2012 Grads: 1 Julie Seabrook (6-3 Forward)
    Proj. 2013 Grads: 2
    Chucky Jeffery (5-10 Guard), Meagan Malcom-Peck (6-2 Wing)
    2012 SIGNEES: 3
    Jamee Swan (6-2 Forward), Lauren Huggins (6-1 Wing), Kyleesha Weston (5-7 Guard)
    2013 PROJECTED SCHOLARSHIPS: 3

NEEDS:
    The 2013 recruiting class could be a quiet one for the Buffaloes because they signed a very good class in 2012 and have nine returning players for the next two years. The fun of developing the young players on the team seems to be the next step for first-year coach Linda Lappe.

Colorado does have the monumental task of replacing Chucky Jeffery after next season. If the Buffaloes can get a Courtney Range or a player of her caliber, they will likely jump. And with the success of twins Ashley and Brittany Wilson, perhaps another run with the Gonzalez twins, Dakota and Dylan, could be just as successful.

ESPN HOOPGURLZ PROJECTED TOP 3 TARGETS
    Courtney Range, 6-1 W/F, ranked 25th, four-star rating
    Dakota Gonzalez, 5-11 G, unranked, three-star rating
    Dylan Gonzalez, 6-0 G, unranked, three-star rating

A few other names: Breanna Workman, Alex Lapeyrolerie, Kelsey Lang, Siera Thompson

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
    CVilleBuff likes this.
  2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

thanks for the link, 2013 should be a good year for the women.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2013 class is going to be interesting. I think we need a post, so I'm a little surprised that HoopGurlz is only talking about guards and wings.

4. buffgal

No mention of a post player was the same reaction I had. We definitely need a post in my opinion.

5. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Jeb actually hit me with a PM about this today but I didn't get it in time. I'll have profiles tomorrow.

6. jeb

jeb Member

I totally agree with the comments about posts, although Kelsey Lang from the "other names" section is 6'4". I'm not sure that 6'4"+ is necessary, especially when you look at Stanford and Cal's rosters, but it would be reassuring to have more than four true 4/5s moving forward. I loved the work that Sborov was able to do at 6'0" defending bigger players, and I have high hopes for our post offense with the addition of Roberson and Swan, but more bodies would be great. Who knows how accurate this report is, but it's interesting. More twins!

Goose likes this.
  7. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Interresting analysis. But I wonder whether those players mentioned are just HoopGurlz's ideas on who they would go after if they were the coaches or if these players are activly being recruited by CU and/or have interest in CU. Most of them have no schools listed on HoopGurlz at this time. Of the 2 that do, Kelsey Lang does not mention CU and Breanna Workmann does mention CU as a school of interest. Breanna is ranked a '40' by HoopGurlz (i.e. "no info") but she is ranked at #43 in the 2013 class by Blue Star Basketball. Also on Blue Star, Alex Lapeyroleire is listed as #46, Courtney Range at #54, Kelsey Lang at #63, Dakota Gonzalez at #89 (right ahead of Jacqueline Malcom-Peck who is the only Colorado player in their list at #90). I would take a class with a bunch of top 100 type players! Even tho I agree, another big should be included.

8. buffgal

Any idea if Jacqueline Malcolm-Peck has any interest in CU? I know she has been attending CU games forever, but so did Anna Prins and she went to Iowa State.

9. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I watched Jac a lot this year and am not convinced yet that she is D1 talent. Could also be that she had tremendous shoes to fill with the 3 outgoing seniors

10. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I know I've heard the Gonzales twins linked to CU in the past, but I can't remember if it was here, on the Sooners board that you & buffgal pointed out to me, or just some random website.

11. buffgal

Range is scheduling visits to numerous Pac 12 schools. So far, none scheduled for CU, but they are still on her long list of schools she is interested in.

As for Jac Malcolm-Peck, she is very slight of built and that will not be in her favor in DI.