1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope Oregon Wins Out

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 15, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

After that wild game b/w A&M & Bama yesterday, looking at Bama's schedule I don't think they get beat this year (except a possibility in the SEC championship game).

I hope Oregon wins out and plays Bama in the NCG. Saban will fix some stuff but Manziel shredded Bama's D for 600+ yds yesterday. I think Oregon can give Bama a run for their money. As long as their D can get a handful of stops, they could outscore Bama.

How nice would that be for a Pac team to dethrone Saban & Co. (and the SEC)?

2. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

I 100% agree with the premise, **** Alabama, go PAC. However, I'd kind of prefer Oregon loses to, you know, us.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  3. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

**** Oregon, as tired of them as I am of alabama

4. boydbuff

I don't feel that way yet about Oregon since we have such a short history of being whipped by them and they have not been dominant for as long as Bama, and they are part of our conference instead of the SEC which gets all the attention.

Course I will be thrilled when we can be competitive with them and then I'll stop rooting for them.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'd rather see Stanford win the PAC. Well, obviously, I'd rather it be CU, but that ain't gonna happen.

6. boydbuff

But do you think Stanford could beat Alabama? I don't.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Stanford would confuse and confudle Alabama with some form of genius Jedi mind trick. Remember, it works best on those with lower IQs.

8. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I'm not a Ducks fan. But they got screwed in 2001, and they got screwed last year (though not quite as bad). If we can't find a way to beat them (I understand that they will be 78 point favorites), then I'd root for them in the NC against any other team from any other conference.

9. boydbuff

I'm with you. I think the Pac 12 is not disrespected but most people east of the Rockies don't believe the Pac can beat the SEC in a NCG. In my opinion Oregon gives us our best chance. Would love for Oregon to start a new trend for the Pac, and then over the next few years Stanford, Oregon, UCLA get to and win the NCG regularly and sometime this decade we end up in the running.

Edit: I also feel that by any Pac 12 team winning the NCG we can begin to use in recruiting that the conference of champions is also building momentum to win the NCG as we head into the new tournament model. The SEC gets a ton of talent b/c there is a ton of talent in their footprint and because they can draw nationally based on the perceived dominance as THE power conference.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  10. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

Me too. I am annoyed that Phil K paid for their legitimacy. And, the duck on a Harley thing reminds me of something csu would do.

11. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

People who want Oregon to win it all should be ashamed for themselves. I don't care if you hoped and rooted for Nebraska to go undefeated while you played in the BigXII.

You should NEVER root for Oregon to win it all. Their fans are already insufferable. The last thing they need is a MNC.

Shame on you!

CU, U$C, UCLA and Washington are the only schools that should ever win a football title from the Pac.

:popcorn:

12. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

This is the correct response.

13. GoonieBuff

USC can burn as far as I'm concerned.

14. GoonieBuff

I think they'd use a scooter.

15. boydbuff

yah, I'd way prefer Oregon to win it all over USC. 2 reasons make that easy for me: 1.) USC has a long tradition of winning a lot and winning the recruiting battles in South Cali and beyond-them being down helps us recruit better; 2.) We are in the same division as USC and play them every year-we have a better chance of winning the South as long as they keep Kiffin around and/or refrain from being title contenders.

16. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

1. Helfrich is a shadow of Chip Kelly. Similar to Neuheisel's first two years, Oregon will run itself but the slow decline begins.
    2. And Oregon has to play @Stanford and @Washington this year.
    3. They pay for players, Phil Knight bought their success, and their fan base is all bandwagoners. Can't root for them.

17. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Still holding out hope for Stoopsie, eh?

18. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

What's in it for us? I'm honestly wondering how much of a benefit there is if some team in the conference does great. How much have Kentucky and Tennessee benefitted from the recent SEC dominance? What did Florida State's dominance of 90's do to benefit Maryland and Virginia? $$$, exposure, but how much trickles down?

19. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Well we don't have to hear how great the SEC is for another year. So there's that.

20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Right now, we're fighting for PACN carriage. Huge financially for CU. Also, conference prestige will help recruiting, especially as we go outside the footprint (TX and elsewhere).

21. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Want Oregon-Bama in the NC. Would be entertaining, but want Bama to win. We are one of the Pac 12 haves with an NC and Heisman, they are a have not. I want to keep it that way.

22. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I do agree this is a critical time. There's a clear opening with the Big XII and B1G in states of disarray. We need to capitalize and cement ourselves as #2 and the main competitor to the SEC and not let this year be an aberration.

23. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

The problem with wanting Oregon to win out is that I have to live amongst the Duck faithful and they are insufferable as it is. Win a national title and it's really going to suck around here.

I do not think it is fair to compare Helfrich to Neu. Helfrich is much more humble than Neu ever was and I think he has a better vision of what he wants to do. Time will tell.

24. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Helfrich actually had to pay some dues as well.

25. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

All good points and I'm torn (want Oregon to remain without a NC). Obviously I would prefer Stanford, but I don't think they get selected over Ohio State if all three (Bama, OSU, Stanford) win out. And I don't think Stanford could beat Bama. I do think the Ducks can. And this is THE LAST BCS Championship game. Ever. And I don't want it to be the SEC.

26. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

P12 winning a NC would be nice just to stop the SEC run on winning them. What is it, 7 in a row now? Kids are noticing, too. I hate seeing Ricky Town, a 5* 2015 CA QB, commit to Alabama. Kids love getting SEC offers because they see it as the minor leagues for the NFL.

Also, don't we get more money if a P12 team gets into the NC?

27. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

Yes, and unlike a lot of other conferences - we have equal revenue sharing.

28. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Argh. I hate this discussion, because I have never been one of the guys like all the SEC tools who root for the conference. I didn't root for kNU in the title game ever, or OU, or UT. I didn't want to see them win a title and hold that against us in recruiting.

I would like to never root for other Pac-12 teams either for the same reasons, and especially Oregon because they're Nike U/nouveau riche dickheads.

At the same time, I do agree that Oregon may well be the only team that can derail Bama. I don't see anyone else in the country doing it. (Shut up, Buckeye fans.) I definitely don't think Stanford or any other Pac-12 team can do it, and everyone in the nation outside of inbredland knows that the SEC must go down.

29. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Go ducks. time for a change at the top. they will drop a game though.

30. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

There's not too many teams I pull for Oregon against. I don't care what conference they're in, I'm not gonna pull for them to win the NC. Not once was I in the least bit pulling for Nebraska when they were playing in NC games in the late 90's and 2001 and they were representing CU's conference in those games.