What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hope you chuckleheads are happy...

Gary Indiana

Club Member
Club Member
Check out the Twitter feeds of all our players and best recruits including Sefo. Some already saying they will transfer and Sefo does not seem happy. You omniscient internet GMs wanted the program blown up, be careful what you wish for.

You think Allbuffs would cause something like that to happen? It wouldn't be related to the record setting season of failure that Embree brought to the table this year?

Dang - I should have guessed it was the fans fault

I'm pretty sure the program "blew up" with losses to CSU, Sac St, and the drubbing in Fresno, followed by a historically bad season.

I celebrated when Hawkins was fired, I'm not dancing about JE being let go, but it was the right choice.

Couldn't be happier. Failure of this level can't be tolerated and I thank god it wasn't. Go away.

Check out the Twitter feeds of all our players and best recruits including Sefo. Some already saying they will transfer and Sefo does not seem happy. You omniscient internet GMs wanted the program blown up, be careful what you wish for.

And because of my son's situation we may not be able to come. I just don't have words right now..

And because of my son's situation we may not be able to come. I just don't have words right now..

Say it ain't so, Mo. We really want Jeff to make his way back here and love having you around; I hope that whoever we bring in will make sure that Jeff is still welcome.

Sad old shmucks trying to relive the glory days of the program. So out of touch...

Expecting better than 1-11, 50 point losses (due to mercy from other teams) and worst season in CU history is trying to "relive the glory days"??? Solid logic, chief.

You just can't go 4-21. Attendance was at historical lows for the decade. Recruiting class was bottom of the Pac12. From a business perspective, it was a no-brainer. From an emotional perspective, it's bittersweet.

But this is big business. The University is a multibillion dollar enterprise.

Last edited:
Happy? Hell no. I'm not happy at all about the situation. But what had to be done was done.

This is why players shouldn't pick a school based on the coach. So much more should go into the decision, and I'm sure it is.

But man look around at how many coaches don't make it 5 years.

I know you probably don't feel like you have time, but I would let this settle out a bit. There will be lots of churn (and mis-information) while a new coach and staff are identified and hired. Hopefully, at that point, your son's situation will be clearer. In the interim, I would guess that Mike Bohn would be your best point of contact. I really hope that your son can return to Boulder for the spring semester. It is clear that we can use his talent! I feel confident that this will work out for you and your family. We'll be praying for you guys in the meantime!

I know. I mean we could become the worst team in the country...oh wait we already are. You can't go down further when you are already at the bottom.

Emotions are high right now, and there may be fallout, but Colorado absolutely did the right thing.

I know you probably don't feel like you have time, but I would let this settle out a bit. There will be lots of churn (and mis-information) while a new coach and staff are identified and hired. Hopefully, at that point, your son's situation will be clearer. In the interim, I would guess that Mike Bohn would be your best point of contact. I really hope that your son can return to Boulder for the spring semester. It is clear that we can use his talent! I feel confident that this will work out for you and your family. We'll be praying for you guys in the meantime!

This. Well said, Spiff

If we had any role at all it was minor but I am thankful for Nik and all the ABers who support creating a winning program in CU. We deserve that and are prepared to support the move (voting with our dollars) if they commit to hiring a real coach.

P.S. I bet you a ton of players who are talking about transferring will reconsider. Having said that, we could use a housecleaning anyway. Furthermore, if we hire a good coach we will get good recruits. This current class under JE was headed to be the worst BY FAR in the Pac 12.

Bohn just saved us from permanent cellar position in the Pac 12 assuming he gets a good coach to come in.

Expecting better than 1-11, 50 point losses (due to mercy from other teams) and worst season in CU history is trying to "relive the glory days"??? Solid logic, chief.

I hear and understand what you are saying...problem is that because my son is not on campus his scholarship is not guaranteed. Any new coach would have to come in and approve him. He's already lost a season and he did it believing in Embree, the team they were building and the coaches. To take a chance that another coach will come in and believe in these kids is a tough ask as we are watching several other coach firings going on from other programs scroll across the screen. At the end of the day it is business, as we keep being reminded. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that is never shared...

LOL we were 1-11 giving up 46 points a game, with the worst offense in Div 1 and a recruiting class that was ranked in the mid 60s. I couldn't be more gleeful that changes are being made.

I hope we don't lose Jeff Thomas! Or Sefo Liufau in this year's class. I also don't agree that we need a housecleaning. We seem to have a solid core of young players and will need them next year.

Back