What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hopefully most of the trolls have been identified now,

slcut84109

Serious Utah fan here and very glad you guys chose to leave the Big XII to the PAC-12.

I really haven't followed Colorado much but have been reading about your past and a great tradition. What are your thoughts about where Colorado in the PAC-12? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your team? It sounds like there has been some disarray in the past few years but where do you see this team going?

What type of offense do you normally run? Do you see it changing? How strong is your defense? I'd really like to engage in some serious conversation about the similarities and contrasts of your team.

We have a group of us that has tailgated the U games for years and look forward to hosting you or being your guest whichever way the scheduling cards fall.

Serious Utah fan here and very glad you guys chose to leave the Big XII to the PAC-12.

What type of offense do you normally run? Do you see it changing? How strong is your defense? I'd really like to engage in some serious conversation about the similarities and contrasts of your team.

Really, a new thread? You didn't want to just post in one of the 23 other threads started between the pseudo dubya fans and the apologetic ones?

I'll take a stab at your above questions.

1. Offense? It's billed as a run first offense. Which in fact it is. We execute (in the broadest sense of the word) a run play on the first play of the game, presumably setting up the 4-yard-curl attempts that we run the remainder of the game, except on first down. That will be a slow-developing play-action pass.

2. Changing? It'll change in name several times in the next three weeks, but the play selection will remain identical.

3. The defense spends a lot of time on the field, God bless 'em, and all things considered keep us in the game. They are excellent at setting up 3rd and long. Sadly, they're not particularly good at stopping 3rd and long.

Oh, I just got the part where you wanted a "serious" conversation. That's where I bow out. I don't want to bad mouth our student-athletes. They're a great bunch of young men, but sometimes it seems that our staff isn't exploiting their full potential. Or something.

Welcome 84109. We are delighted to be joining the Utes in the Pac-12.

You probably got from Wally's post that our football program is not in the best of places at this time. The general consensus, with a few exceptions, is a hope that CU will have a new head coach next year. Most of us thought that the change should have taken place after last season, but for whatever reason(s), that did not happen. So, we are facing a weird scenario where, if we have a good season this year, the coach that most people don't like might retain his job - or we have to hope that CU does not have a good season (which is difficult to do for obvious reasons) so that a change will be made. Our offense the past few years has not been good - OL play has been spotty, QB play wildly inconsistent, and RB & WR never seem to gel or step up. So, the result is a lot of 3-and-outs, failed 4th down plays, way too many turnovers, etc. Defense has not really been that bad, but they have been on the field so long that they tend to wear down and give up a lot of long plays. And special teams - well, not so much. So, our way of staying sane is to compensate with humor (or what we attempt to pass off as humor).

The tailgate swap sounds like a great idea. We'll have to plan something once everything gets decided.

I have to admit that I didn't understand Walrus' post but I sent him a boardmail and his response made a lot more sense. Your observations are appreciated in getting to know you and all Buff fans and we look forward to hosting you guys! Sorry again to you that for whatever reason some insecure BYU fanatics did what they did.

I have to admit that I didn't understand Walrus' post but I sent him a boardmail and his response made a lot more sense. Your observations are appreciated in getting to know you and all Buff fans and we look forward to hosting you guys! Sorry again to you that for whatever reason some insecure BYU fanatics did what they did.

What's not to understand? We'll run the ball the first play, but never again. The rest of the time expect four yard curl patterns (ignore the deep guy)...EXCEPT on first down. That's always a deep play-action pass. I thought I was clear on this.

The defense plays really well most of the time, but sadly gives up a lot of 3rd and longs. It's discouraging.

What's not to understand? We'll run the ball the first play, but never again. The rest of the time expect four yard curl patterns (ignore the deep guy)...EXCEPT on first down. That's always a deep play-action pass. I thought I was clear on this.

The defense plays really well most of the time, but sadly gives up a lot of 3rd and longs. It's discouraging.

Yup, I love how we rush 2 or 3 most of the time on 3rd and long and when we do blitz with no help over the top so one missed assignment and the bad guys score a TD.

I'd also add that when we have 3rd and long, an obvious passing situation, well, we run a 7-step drop play action pass. Fools them every time I tells ya! Every time!

Well...at least Dusty Sprague graduated, and the end around was erased from the play book....

Back