What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hoping I'm not speaking too soon.

Teams are always looking for ways to tie in the legacy of past players to the current team and there always seem to be a number of former players who want to maintain some form of positive connection with the current team.

I wonder if this would not be an opportunity to really take advantage of some of those guys who want to give something back to the program. Use some of the recent graduates of the program as unnofficial mentors/advisors to the accountability groups. Nobody knows the pressures/opportunities/dangers of being a scholarship athlete in a high profile sport like someone who has been there and successfully navigated it. They could have the credibility to speak to the current players along with the maturity to help keep young guys on an even keel.

I believe Hawkins has something like this in place. But I'm not certain as to who and how many former players are involved.

the response basically writes itself. think "your mom" "blow" "nat'y lite" "crackpipe" and "cheap"...

but, i have vowed to take a higher road than before.

so, i will instead just offer this:

fine retort fibby. i believe my very excellent DODGERS will surprise some of you this season but your opinion is, of course, valued.

Meh, I would not call myself 'surprised' in baseball as I really only catch a game or two with freinds. I love going to the ballpark and chillin' with freinds and family as I can stay relaxed when I don't care much who wins. Other than that, I don't know records or stats. I find with the stuff I have going on that I just cannot put the time into too many sports without taking away from my business and family.

Besides, I can't handle the stress I put myself through in every Buff season most times, much less four or five times a year in various sports. So I limit (try to anyway) my hobbies to CU Football and Allbuffs.

But I still like to give you hell about the 'blew' just because I think you are trolling for the abuse anyway.......:smile2:

PS, my first baseball game was the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium in the mid-70's. Family took a vacation out to see more family in Pasadena and one of the things we did was go to a game.

WTF? Why is there ****ing baseball being talked about in this thread? Keep that **** outta here, you ****ing ****tweezers.

Back