What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hopkins' Shooting

mattrob

Club Member
Club Member
Was it just me, or did J-Hop's stroke look better today? The shots weren't falling, but it looked like he was elevating better and snapping his wrist with some purpose, instead of those little arching floaters from behind the arc that we've seen all year.

I didn't notice but it wouldn't surprise me. Tad has a history of developing players and I think we will see him use this years situation to do just that with a number of our younger guys.

On the other hand USC is just so plain bad that it's hard to make an accurate judgement of anything against them. If Scott had wanted to he could have had 40, Ski could have had open shots whenever he wanted to, etc. etc.

This was a good game for the Buffs to get comfortable without the guys they just lost. This roster is talented top to bottom with guys still coming off the bench who prior to Tad would have been close to the most talented guy on the team. We still are going to be more up and down that we expected this year but somebody isn't going to be happy to see us when the conference tourney rolls around because by that time we will be a better team than our record says we are.

One of the biggest changes I'd like to see this offseason is J-Hop's shooting form. He needs to raise his release point. It needs to be more eye-level. He played better today, no doubt, but I'm not sure his stroke looked any better to me.

Back