What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HORRIBLE LOSS, this team is weak and this coaching staff after 5 games gets an F

Yeah they should have but soley blaming the coaches is bull****.

Who's soley blaming the coaches? The pixie dust hawk players have pissed away two games at home. They are used to losing and until that sickening mentality is gone, it will continue.

Today was awful, just awful.

No excuses, the cal and wazzou games should have been wins. No one wants to hear anything from the players or coaches anymore, win or just STFU.
:yeahthat: tini shut the **** up with the ifs and buts. we lost, plain and simple.

:yeahthat: tini shut the **** up with the ifs and buts. we lost, plain and simple.
Where the **** am I doing the ifs and buts? People are acting like it's all on the coaches and not on the players. The team is a bunch of mental midgets and one off season isn't going to fix that.

Lots of excuses about Hawk's players and their mentality, but Hawk's teams won these games at home.

I can handle the losing this season. It was to be expected - despite the hard way that it is happening.

What I blame this coaching staff for is the poor recruiting. They were brought into recruit, at they aren't doing it at the level that it needs to be done at to rebuild this team.

This team is infected with losing. Here's to hoping Dan Hawkins never NEVER coaches another down of football. We're headed towards a straight decade of losing seasons.

Go Buffs, but that was awful. I wasn't even surprised at all when we sh** the bed and couldn't finish a game. Not even on the road. We sh** the bed in the first half, we sh** the bed to close out the game.... These Buffs don't know how to win. That's unfortunate because they should be 3-2 as opposed to 1-4.. Unfortunately, CU needs to get a shot in the arm somehow. The stadium was absolutely DEAD with 5 minutes to go. There were people sitting down in the student section. There was absolutely no noise whatsoever. Yes we can blame a lot of what happened on the players, but we as the fans did not help matters by sitting there with our thumbs up our a***es while Wazzu marched down the field twice. Sh**, Wazzu fans were making more noise than the rest of the CU fans on the Buffs last offensive possession. Embarrassing not only for the Buffs, but also for the Buff fans. I'm happy to see Embree pissed off in his post game interview, maybe he needs to take away the bricks again? maybe he needs to take away the emblems on the helmets? idk what he needs, but come on.... that was unbelievable... something needs to happen.... i need about 12 more beers to make tonight salvageable. and Wisconsin needs to beat the nubs by 200.

Disagree that the student section was dead, but it was a long ass game. It was loud the final two drives but the pass D **** the bed.

I'm going to avoid posting about football the rest of the night. Maybe the rest of the weekend.

I'll focus on basketball. Maybe check in on any recruiting news there may be.

But I'm pretty close to a full meltdown at this point and need some space. When we were up 10 with 5 minutes left, I turned to my wife and actually asked whether she thought I'd be in a good mood tonight. The fact that I even asked that question at a home game against a mediocre opponent says a ton. The fact that she gave me a shrug and a raised eyebrow look says more. The fact that all our fears were realized says it all. We are cheering for losers and I need some space.

Students did fine I think. Rest of the stadium lacked the urgency and excitement that was there during Cal..... until the very last drive by WSU

Disagree that the student section was dead, but it was a long ass game. It was loud the final two drives but the pass D **** the bed.

there was a whole section sitting down for the entire 4th quarter..... that's effing awful

agree, but I think the whole stadium sucked...no one had the urgency or want to will the Buffs to win this game.

I'm going to avoid posting about football the rest of the night. Maybe the rest of the weekend.

I'll focus on basketball. Maybe check in on any recruiting news there may be.

But I'm pretty close to a full meltdown at this point and need some space. When we were up 10 with 5 minutes left, I turned to my wife and actually asked whether she thought I'd be in a good mood tonight. The fact that I even asked that question at a home game against a mediocre opponent says a ton. The fact that she gave me a shrug and a raised eyebrow look says more. The fact that all our fears were realized says it all. We are cheering for losers and I need some space.

If Nik needs some space, things have gotten really bad.

Still plenty of **** to flush,lots of players and a coach or 2 that won't help us win much,here's to Embree figuring out the magic buttons to push:huh:

What are you talking about? Embree just got here - he hasn't even brought in a recruiting class yet! :bang:

Blame Hawkin's recruiting, or blame Embree for poor game plans and game management if you want, but Embree can't be blamed for recruiting when his first recruits haven't even shown up yet.

I can handle the losing this season. It was to be expected - despite the hard way that it is happening.

What I blame this coaching staff for is the poor recruiting. They were brought into recruit, at they aren't doing it at the level that it needs to be done at to rebuild this team.

Not the fans fault. Close to a sellout to watch a perennial loser, blow a game to a school I didn't even know existed until a couple years ago. They say CU doesn't have an avid following, but there are 50,000 people willing to go to every game despite dismal season after dismal season. That's saying something.

Not the fans fault. Close to a sellout to watch a perennial loser, blow a game to a school I didn't even know existed until a couple years ago. They say CU doesn't have an avid following, but there are 50,000 people willing to go to every game despite dismal season after dismal season. That's saying something.
CU isn't a perennial loser, just the past 5 going on 6 years.

There are many areas of weakness but I think the lack of senior leadership is the most concerning. Why aren't guys like Miller, Hansen, Obi etal taking that role? Embo has refused to call this a rebuilding year because of his respect for the seniors. If there isn't success in the next few weeks, it's time to give the future some PT. Seniors don't have tenure if they aren't leading this team.

Did you not watch the Tech and Baylor games last year? CSU the previous year?

We're on the same side here, but since everyone needs to be right, I also watched the Hawaii and Georgia games last year, and Kansas and A&M the previous year. The point is, Hawkins isn't the reason we lost to Cal and Washington State

Where the **** am I doing the ifs and buts? People are acting like it's all on the coaches and not on the players. The team is a bunch of mental midgets and one off season isn't going to fix that.

Didn't you ever learn to be quiet whien the adults are talking! Man, enough of the excuses.

Didn't you ever learn to be quiet whien the adults are talking! Man, enough of the excuses.
Where the **** are the excuses? Having a WR and TB starting at DB? That's not an excuse. 5 years of zen bull**** is still with this team. Someday the players are going to need to nut up.

Blame the student section? I'm not a student anymore but that is laughable. I know that that wasn't the sincere intent of the poster who originally made that remark, but what do you expect? CU hasn't been consistently good for ten years. Do you expect the crowd of 18 year olds to be roaring for what they view as yet-another-loss? I know a lot of you guys are older -- I am in my mid 20s -- but the current generation of CU students, along with the previous one, have never seen good football. They go to games expecting to lose, and the team reinforces that expectation with their performances.

Back