What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HORRIBLE LOSS, this team is weak and this coaching staff after 5 games gets an F

What game are you watching? Waits too long to pass, waits too long to run, he's not accurate. But yeah, other than that he's been awesome. He's had 1 game, the cal game and hasn't improved since.
this
The thing about the Cal game was that Hansen had huge numbers, but I didn't think he actually played that great. Hell, most of those yards came off 10 yard passes to Richardson who took it another 60 for a TD. He has limited the turnovers, which is great, but hasn't been much of a playmaker. In his defense, I think the coaches have advised him to be cautious when running the ball so he doesn't get hurt. I don't remember him ever sliding feet first before this year, and he does it on every run now. I guess it makes sense sense we have no backup with experience, but now the season is pretty much lost, and his mobility was one of his stronger attributes.
and this

I fully understand our lack of talent, but to be 1-4 right now is inexcusable. We are in deep, deep ****. How do we ever start gaining momentum recruiting talking about our "new culture" that produced a 1-12 season? Our lack of talent should have us being 5-8 bad, not 1-12 bad. Blowing a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm beginning to wonder if CU ever finds a way out of this mess. It's obviously too early to start calling for coaches heads, but what we've seen from many of them through the first half of this season is extremely disappointing and starting to be a cause of concern. This team needs to ****ing make a stand a some point and give us SOMETHING positive, whether it's an unexpected road win, maybe finding a way to win games in back to back weeks...SOMETHING. It's devastating how far we've fallen and what a laughingstock we are right now. Sure there's always that potential that we could possibly get back to our success from 85-05 sometime in the next century or two, but we're edging closer and closer to becoming a permanent doormat from which it will be far harder than it even is now to make ourselves at least a respectable mid-level bowl team

Hansen has a 138.8 QB rating, 11 TDs and 2 INTs and 1325 YDs passing on the year. Pretty solid to me.
And as our qb and team captain how many victories has he led us to? Im not sure if you remember but Cody's stats were pretty good too...

Tyler is not overly accurate, but if the offensive coordinator keeps calling long passing plays, he has to hold on to the ball that long. What Beinemy doesn't do well as a play caller is maxprotect enough on those long throws. Hansen threw a hell of a ball to Richardson on the fumble. In the overall scheme, we have way more problems than Hansen.

1) It is pretty sad when the only DB you can count on is a true freshman who had 4 games college experience going into yesterday's game....Henderson is pretty damn good. The safety, I think Perkins was the one that bit on the play action that led to the TD that won WSU the game. I think they were in cover 2 and Perkins went for the pick instead of playing his deep zone.

2) Our play calling SUCKS....Bienemy better decide what he wants to do....It was obvious they were overplaying the screen on downs 2nd and Long, because Bienemy always calls screen on 2nd and Long. He needs to scout his tendancies on film and adjust them NOW.

3) We have NO discipline on this team....make their asses run a 100 yard sprint for every penalty and maybe that will make them understand this crap ain't cutting it anymore.

4) Use the tight ends more. They should be open in the middle of the field when everyone is focusing on Richardson and Stewart.

The stats are decent, but I think anyone watching knows Hansen has no real consistency. You never know what you are going to get from drive to drive or quarter to quarter. We still have too many passing plays on offense that do not work and put us in bad spots, behind in down and distance. With more decisiveness, Hansen would be minimizing those plays. I know a dependable running game and a better OL would help him, but good QBs tend to make those around him better and I just do not see that with Hansen.

The stats are decent, but I think anyone watching knows Hansen has no real consistency. You never know what you are going to get from drive to drive or quarter to quarter. We still have too many passing plays on offense that do not work and put us in bad spots, behind in down and distance. With more decisiveness, Hansen would be minimizing those plays. I know a dependable running game and a better OL would help him, but good QBs tend to make those around him better and I just do not see that with Hansen.

My dad and I were talking about this yesterday at the game. Hansen is just not a good QB. Hopefully our Qb situation is improved next year. We still have othe rproblems like special teams and secondary, but our QB play is hurting us too.

My dad and I were talking about this yesterday at the game. Hansen is just not a good QB. Hopefully our Qb situation is improved next year. We still have othe rproblems like special teams and secondary, but our QB play is hurting us too.

Yeah, the problems on this team are too numerous to count. We need Connor Wood to step up next season and be an upgrade over Hansen, especially since several Pac-12 teams are losing quality starters.

The special teams are still interesting. We actually played a pretty clean game yesterday, but there are still glaring mistakes: the blocked FG, Speedy's fair catch at the 5, and the offside on the kickoff from the 45 :)lol:). Would be nice to go through one whole game without a really stupid mental error on special teams, just to say we did it.

I fully understand our lack of talent... How do we ever start gaining momentum recruiting talking about our "new culture" that produced a 1-12 season?
Lack of talent is exactly how we gain momentum in recruiting. It appears that in the near future, high end recruits will undoubtedly start by their sophomore season at every position outside of QB. The fact that good recruits can come here and potentially start their freshman year is a huge recruiting angle, especially considering all of the money and time we put into being a football school.

It's rough right now and I understand everyone's concern but if our coaches know what they're doing, they'll get the talent here.

27-17 with 5 minutes left, at home, and you LOSE? EFFING JOKE. Same penalties, same players making personel fouls.

CU's defense sucks, especially on 3rd down. WTF was cu doing after the first down? Let's pass the ball twice and better yet, let's roll hansen to the left where he's never completed a pass.

The CAL game was bad enough, pissing away this game just seals it. This team sucks and the recruits aren't going to come to a school that can't beat the worst effing team in the pac12 with a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left.

Makes me sick to my stomach.

**** you

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't drink the Koolaid.

Were close to 20 years away from the end of the Mac era. There is nothing that's occurred, including the coaching change to Embree, that led me to believe the results would be any different. I do believe the future is brighter with Embree but I think it will be 1-2 seasons before we go .500 or better. It's all time.

Patience is all we have

OK I am sick to my stomach as well and I certainly understand emotions run high after this kind of game and this kind of start to the season. But as we all know there is NO chance at a change in coaches for at least three years what do you gain by calling for a new staff after five games? CU is not going to magically come up with millions for a top coach and if we fire this staff after four games, no top guy will come here. All you do by posting this moronic "fire the coach" crud is make you look totally disconnected from reality. Mistakes were made and questions should be asked of everyone including the coaches, but some of the ranting on here is just ridiculous. Some guys want to save their "I told you so rights" but how does that help the program?

Watch the postgame interview on CUbuffs. Its bad. Embree, Rippy, Polk, and Hansen have no idea what to do. Like deer in the headlights. None of them have a reason for what has happened, and no one has a solution.

The solution is to schedule a division 1AA team, CSU, and a couple very mediocre Div 1 teams for the next three years to right this ship. If we can put those 4 wins on our resume each season along with a couple wins in Pac 12 play we are bowl game eligible and can gain the experience with extra practices and collect a pay day. I can accept taking the OSU game this year to pay off Hawkins but I want cupcakes on the schedule in the future. I don't want to be LSU's cupcake. How can we make this happen?

Be careful. I got chewed out in another thread for suggesting that we shouldn't schedule LSU at any point in the foreseeable future because we are likely to be outclassed. Meanwhile, in reality, we are 1-4, surely on our way to our sixth-consecutive losing season in potentially-humiliating fashion. We should be playing strictly cupcakes OOC, or we will rapidly become one ourselves, if we aren't viewed that way already.

The solution is to schedule a division 1AA team, CSU, and a couple very mediocre Div 1 teams for the next three years to right this ship. If we can put those 4 wins on our resume each season along with a couple wins in Pac 12 play we are bowl game eligible and can gain the experience with extra practices and collect a pay day. I can accept taking the OSU game this year to pay off Hawkins but I want cupcakes on the schedule in the future. I don't want to be LSU's cupcake. How can we make this happen?

Agree, this whole schedule the toughest opponents we can needs to be put on hiatus. Every single national power has cupcakes on the non con schedule. Our scheduling has been commendable over the years, but enough already. We need more schools like Montana State, er, I mean....

Be careful. I got chewed out in another thread for suggesting that we shouldn't schedule LSU at any point in the foreseeable future because we are likely to be outclassed. Meanwhile, in reality, we are 1-4, surely on our way to our sixth-consecutive losing season in potentially-humiliating fashion. We should be playing strictly cupcakes OOC, or we will rapidly become one ourselves, if we aren't viewed that way already.
:yeahthat:

Lack of talent is exactly how we gain momentum in recruiting. It appears that in the near future, high end recruits will undoubtedly start by their sophomore season at every position outside of QB. The fact that good recruits can come here and potentially start their freshman year is a huge recruiting angle, especially considering all of the money and time we put into being a football school.

It's rough right now and I understand everyone's concern but if our coaches know what they're doing, they'll get the talent here.

This has been the case for at least 5 years, and look where that has gotten us. At some point recruits don't see an early opportunity for playing time, they see a sh**ty program - that's what we're up against right now.

I fully understand our lack of talent, but to be 1-4 right now is inexcusable. We are in deep, deep ****. How do we ever start gaining momentum recruiting talking about our "new culture" that produced a 1-12 season? Our lack of talent should have us being 5-8 bad, not 1-12 bad. Blowing a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm beginning to wonder if CU ever finds a way out of this mess. It's obviously too early to start calling for coaches heads, but what we've seen from many of them through the first half of this season is extremely disappointing and starting to be a cause of concern. This team needs to ****ing make a stand a some point and give us SOMETHING positive, whether it's an unexpected road win, maybe finding a way to win games in back to back weeks...SOMETHING. It's devastating how far we've fallen and what a laughingstock we are right now. Sure there's always that potential that we could possibly get back to our success from 85-05 sometime in the next century or two, but we're edging closer and closer to becoming a permanent doormat from which it will be far harder than it even is now to make ourselves at least a respectable mid-level bowl team

The painful reality, this sums it up well.

First glimpse at everyone's reactions since the end of the game, I couldn't stomach it until now. Well, still can't. The hardest losses are those you should have won, and we now have two of those. We're better than our record, but we're still ******.

This is just plain cruel now.

Last edited:

That's wishful thinking for the most part. The early returns aren't exactly impressive thus far, and it won't gain any momentum as we edge closer and closer to 1-12. Early playing time can be appealing, but playing for a perennial loser is equally, if not more, unappealing. We're getting our asses kicked in the facilities arms-race as well.

Back