1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot routes. Quick outs. Three step drops. Screens. Keys to OL?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by hawg1, Sep 3, 2012.

1. hawg1

hawg1 Member

Notwithstanding the running game, I think some of the OL problem is due to CU's receivers (again this year). Can't separate, rounded cuts, routs are not crisp, easy to cover. Teams will continue to bring the house. Potential fixes listed in title of post.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Once again, on the money. If I am an opposing DC, I am salivating. This O is easy to defend. Load the box, bring the heat. It is almost the same as it was when DC's figured out CH. If you cannot get the ball over the top, or to a hot read who can do some damage, it will always be a long day for the O.....

3. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

did they even call a screen all day? not sure the kid can throw accurately off a 3 step drop or execute a quick out. receivers can't get enough separation to make that work, either (at least as of game 1).

screens. more screens.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

They did one in the first half that was executed just awful. A few guys completely missed their blocks and the whole thing probably lost a few yards.

5. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

The facts are, if you can't pick up blitzes, stunts or delay blitzes, you can expect to see that the rest of the season EVERY game. Our OL better become proficient at picking those up because DC's are going to be dialing them up all... year... long.