What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

House cleaning or guys jumping ship?

XJ smiles too much, DT not enough. Geez people, how about were evaluate players on how they play. No more firm handshakes and eye twinkles.

Yeah, but you forgot the most important. Tatoos and how they wear their socks!

Another article (this one non-subscription) on Derrick White and CU- http://gazette.com/uccs-derrick-whi...u-boulder/article/1549369#1ed22KzyJWd0D1f4.99

"...

White is now 6-foot-5 and 190 pounds, but when he played high school at Parker's Legend High School, he was 6-1 and weighed 160 pounds. His only scholarship offers came from a junior college in Wyoming and UCCS. He often said he was inspired by the lack of interest from other colleges.

There's no lack of interest now.

"I was surprised but I wasn't surprised," (UCCS Head Coach) Culver said of White's request to contact CU. "After every season, we heard rumors and overtures, but thought it was behind us."

Could White talk to CU and then return to UCCS?

"That's not our assumption," Culver said. "We're moving forward."
"

Another article (this one non-subscription) on Derrick White and CU- http://gazette.com/uccs-derrick-whi...u-boulder/article/1549369#1ed22KzyJWd0D1f4.99

"...

White is now 6-foot-5 and 190 pounds, but when he played high school at Parker's Legend High School, he was 6-1 and weighed 160 pounds. His only scholarship offers came from a junior college in Wyoming and UCCS. He often said he was inspired by the lack of interest from other colleges.

"I was surprised but I wasn't surprised," (UCCS Head Coach) Culver said of White's request to contact CU. "After every season, we heard rumors and overtures, but thought it was behind us."

"

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Where does Derrick White fit into the rotation? Do we go with a 3 guard look? Does he play more of the swing 3 that tad likes? Would we RS Dom?

Fun Fact: he scored 50pts to lead UCCS to a win over School of Mines in the NCAA D2 tournament.

Where does Derrick White fit into the rotation? Do we go with a 3 guard look? Does he play more of the swing 3 that tad likes? Would we RS Dom?

Fun Fact: he scored 50pts to lead UCCS to a win over School of Mines in the NCAA D2 tournament.

Uhhh what?

Uhhh what?

White would be a 1 year loaner. He would be vying for a starting spot to showcase his talents for potential NBA prospects. If he were to beat Dom for a starting guard spot what would be the best situation for CU and Dom.

I am 99% sure that Dom in that situation would become the #3 guard and would be first off the bench. However I can see the logic in red shirting him, to not only get him bigger, but to save a year of eligibility. Would depend a lot on what we are getting from the Euros.

No way Dom isn't starting next year unless he dies at some point during this off-season.

No way Dom isn't starting next year unless he dies at some point during this off-season.

Obviously this is all speculation until official word comes out on what White plans on doing, but if his offensive game translates to the D1 level, how do you keep him on the bench?

Obviously this is all speculation until official word comes out on what White plans on doing, but if his offensive game translates to the D1 level, how do you keep him on the bench?

We saw what happened when we didn't have a true PG this year. Do you really want to do that dance again next season?

We saw what happened when we didn't have a true PG this year. Do you really want to do that dance again next season?

I agree with you and slider. I don't think Dom would RS, and there are very few scenarios where I see him not starting. Just discussing what Tad's options may be given the fact he would have 2 1 year loaners at the guard position. Of course this whole conversation is moot until White makes a decision.

I agree with you and slider. I don't think Dom would RS, and there are very few scenarios where I see him not starting. Just discussing what Tad's options may be given the fact he would have 2 1 year loaners at the guard position. Of course this whole conversation is moot until White makes a decision.

Fortune has two years of eligibility.

"...

"

So what is the deal with guys going from D2 to D1? Is there a big production dropoff. Should I just pencil him in for 25 points a night?

"1 year loaner" doesn't mean you must start them. Play the best lineup to win games and that's it. Dom not starting would be stupid.

Very intrigued by White. Will posted on Rivals last night that a lot of times the competition at D2 schools is better than JUCO competition.

So what is the deal with guys going from D2 to D1? Is there a big production dropoff. Should I just pencil him in for 25 points a night?

The the ball is smaller, while the hoop diameter in D2 is much bigger and set at only 9.5 feet. I expect a HUGE drop-off.

sarc/off

"1 year loaner" doesn't mean you must start them. Play the best lineup to win games and that's it. Dom not starting would be stupid.

This. I still feel like we should have taken our lumps in conference play with dom at the 1 and ski at the 2 all year - not like losing a few more would have mattered.

Tad said after the Arizona game that he wanted to make practices so hard that guys quit.

:thumbsup:

XJ smiles too much, DT not enough. Geez people, how about were evaluate players on how they play. No more firm handshakes and eye twinkles.

I get what you're saying, but actually think body language is very important on the court. It can be very revealing on how a team is functioning.

I get what you're saying, but actually think body language is very important on the court. It can be very revealing on how a team is functioning.

How they're playing is more revealing on how they are functioning.

Back