Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Nov 28, 2010.
Dan McCartney :lol:
:lol: an SEC coach
Note that he was HC at Boise for 1 year (1997). :smile2:
I don't think that Danny Mac ever lost a game at CU. :lol:
This rumor is just, umm, nuts.
The "Dan" McCartney reference does not help the report's cred much, does it? He must have confused Bill with Dan McCarney. :lol:
what the hell ?
If he is tight with Dan hire him now!!
I replied to this on their site with, "Who the hell is Dan McCartney?". My post has been deleted and it now says "Bill". I should have left it alone. :lol:
He did a swell job in the Blind Side. :thumbsup:
Dear God... want to talk about the doom of CU Football... Houston Nutt it is.
One thing that sucks when you are one of the only schools searching for a coach is that you get used by every guy out there trying to sweeten his current deal.
Getting concerned that there might be something to this.
Someone else told me that there was another HC that was in play but did not provide the name. If this is it, I could be sick.
Why? He is a proven winner.
I had to deal with him for 10 years at Arkansas. You do not want Houston Nutt here is all I have to say.
It would be a disaster. About as bad a hire as possible.
This. If people really want me to go into Nutt's many flaws I will, but it's not a good call to go with Nutt.
Maybe Calhoun wouldn't be such a bad choice after all:smile2:
+1 Pops is an Arky fan, i'm guessing I've heard them before, but I'd like to hear your take....
"hello, im chuck fair.... er houston nutt. I understand there is an opening here?"
I think that issue #1 is that we'd be a national laughingstock if we had a Nutt working for a Bohn.
He is a .500 coach in the SEC. His most successful year at Arkansas was when he had two first round picks at RB. The last two seasons at Ole Miss, he inherited talent brought in by Ed Orgeron. Just nothing special. At all.
EDIT: He is also always looking for a way out.
I see nothing wrong with Nutt working under Bohn. Does he have a brother? We should hire the pair.
I'll post some here.
First of all
1. Recruiting- he was a piss poor recruiter at Arkansas, and almost none of his recruits at Ole Miss have made an impact. At Arkansas, we had nightmarish attrition rates from most of our classes.
2. Inability to win big games-anytime Arkansas got close to that marquee win, we could never pull it out. Over 10 years being let down again and again was too much to handle.
3. Zero QB development- almost every QB that has played under Nutt has regressed after his first season. Clint Stoerner, Matt Jones, Casey Dick, Jevan Snead.
4. Unwillingness to hire good assistants- he has a core group he has kept together for a long time, since his days at Murray State... we called them the Murray State Mafia. They are part of the reason Gus Malzahn was run off from Arkansas. Those groups of coaches would call him "high school." Amongst other things, like Malzahn asking the defensive coaches to stop blitzing in practices so the offense could work on a couple of things, and the coaches blitzing anyway. Also, as discussed earlier about the inability to develop QBs, we maybe spent 10% of time in practice on the passing game.
5. Nightmarish playcalling- I could sit in the stands and call Arkansas' plays while he was the coach. He loved the draw on third and long. He never developed a good passing game. Oftentimes it was max protect with one receiver in a pattern. If we all knew what he was going to do, you can bet the opposing DC and defense did too. I can't remember which game in '07 it was, but a player from the other team was interviewed as saying they knew almost every time what we were going to run. No creativity, no keeping the defense off balance, just the same off tackle left, off tackle right, and either a draw play or a one man route on third and long.
6. Doesn't accept blame for his mistakes and instead throws players and coaches under the bus... but is the first to take credit for anything positive that happens.
7. Hugely egotistical... all coaches need to have an ego, but his takes precedence over the good of the program or the team.
8. Awful special teams play.
These are just a few of the things that are a problem.
Well played, sir. :lol:
am i the only one who knows that, yes, Houston Nutt has a brother and his name is (wait for it).....
Dickie Nutt. no lie.
Houston Nutt is mediocrity defined.
Separate names with a comma.