What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Houston Nutt to Colorado?

Where's Razorbuff? We need him to comment on this. He know the worst of Houston Nutt

I'm right here... best case scenario if Nutt is hired is he comes in and gives the team a lift for a year or two, just like he did at AR and OM, but once his poor recruiting shows up it will all go down hill. He coaches like a Jr. High coach... just give the ball to your one stud over and over. At AR he had Matt Jones and then the McFadden/Jones/Hillis backfield. At OM he had McCluster. It will be bad news, he will be good for 6 wins a year, the occasional year with 8-9, and usually one big upset a year. CU will beat teams they shouldn't, and lose two or three headscratchers they have no business losing.

FWIW, multiple sources reporting that Nutt texted tonight that he plans on coaching at Ole Miss next year. Search Nutt on twitter and you will find the sources.

I'd say this has a 10 percent chance of happening -- but Reed Marks has me freaked out.

Trojans scored 70 at Arkansas. Arkansas got rid of Nutt and got a competent coach in Petrino and now they are a Top 10 team 3 years later. Nutt at Ole Miss has them in the basement. There is no logically explanation why we would be hiring this guy. NONE BOHN. NONE

Whats the best way to choose a new team?

pick a team that is actually trying to win.

for me, that would be a refreshing change, after 40+ years dying for the black and gold.

i.don't.believe.this.

:rofl:

450-elmo-rofl.jpg
450-elmo-rofl.gif

I'm right here... best case scenario if Nutt is hired is he comes in and gives the team a lift for a year or two, just like he did at AR and OM, but once his poor recruiting shows up it will all go down hill. He coaches like a Jr. High coach... just give the ball to your one stud over and over. At AR he had Matt Jones and then the McFadden/Jones/Hillis backfield. At OM he had McCluster. It will be bad news, he will be good for 6 wins a year, the occasional year with 8-9, and usually one big upset a year. CU will beat teams they shouldn't, and lose two or three headscratchers they have no business losing.

The problem though is this program needs a talent infusion. Nutt went in and cleaned up Danny Ford's **** and then went to Ole Miss and won with that fat guy's players. Now in his 3rd year he's in last place. This guy is not a good hire. We need a coach who can ATTRACT TALENT to the program.

Trojans scored 70 at Arkansas. Arkansas got rid of Nutt and got a competent coach in Petrino and now they are a Top 10 team 3 years later. Nutt at Ole Miss has them in the basement. There is no logically explanation why we would be hiring this guy. NONE BOHN. NONE

Exactly. With Nutt we never had good playcalling, a good scheme, or depth at any position. He managed to stay around for 10 years because he had very loyal support of a few big boosters and in return he allowed them unrestricted access to the program. With Petrino (say what you will about Atlanta) we have a consummate professional, brilliant FB mind, tireless recruiter, etc. Nutt is lazy and is the definition of mediocrity. CU is my #2 team and I really hope this doesn't end up happening... PS you can look for my posts earlier in this thread going into more detail about some of Nutt's problems.

The problem though is this program needs a talent infusion. Nutt went in and cleaned up Danny Ford's **** and then went to Ole Miss and won with that fat guy's players. Now in his 3rd year he's in last place. This guy is not a good hire. We need a coach who can ATTRACT TALENT to the program.

Danny Ford recruited the talent, Nutt came in and invigorated it, we had a good first season, a disappointing second year, and then the mediocrity set in. Same with OM... he will do the same here, one good year to raise expectations, a disappointing second season, then mediocrity.

FWIW, multiple sources reporting that Nutt texted tonight that he plans on coaching at Ole Miss next year. Search Nutt on twitter and you will find the sources.

I'd say this has a 10 percent chance of happening -- but Reed Marks has me freaked out.

Sorry, but i will not be searching for 'nutt' anywhere on the internet.

per the ole miss rivals admin, the nutt to CU story is total bull****.

carry on.

now i almost wish it were true. it would be pure comedy gold. :rollseyes:

Nutt denies
Internet speculation linking Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt with the Colorado job has picked up steam this evening, some reports saying Nutt will be named the CU coach Monday.
A few minutes ago Nutt responded to a text message and said the reports were "not true." Asked if he anticipated being the coach at Ole Miss next season, Nutt responded, "yes."
Nutt has a news conference at Ole Miss set for 2 p.m. tomorrow. It was scheduled last week as a matter of closing the door on the 2010 season and looking ahead. Earlier this evening Ole Miss media relations sent a text message saying the nature of tomorrow's press conference and team meeting are both "routine."

Read more: NEMS360.com - News, Business, Classifieds, and Events in Northeast Mississippi

i guess everyone should unwedge their undies.

i loves teh innerwebz.

:lol:

to be fair, the ole miss people will be the last to know. Nutt isn't going to say I'm leaving until he's signed or verbally accepted the position at CU.

Maybe Bohn is a genius. Get the fanbase all riled up about Nutt and then every other candidate looks great.

Reed Marks is a genius. Watching valdez's meltdown has paid for my 15$ this year all by itself :lol:

Back