What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Houston Nutt to Colorado?

the guy won exactly 1 conference game this year....we already had a guy who could do that.

Nutt lost to Vanderbilt in Oxford.

Someone wants an extension and he puts his name out for every job opening. Arkansas couldnt get rid of him fast enough and now look at how good a team the razorbacks are.

Oh, and here's your 50th in puhtenshul. FIFTY! FIFTY!

People love making fun of this guy so much. It's ridiculously easy to get comedic content. Note: There are no special sound effects added... this is 100% him.

Oh, and to explain my FIFTY comment above:

Please, save yourselves the embarassment. Get an email campaign to Bohn to protest this hire!

Too bad he's not coming - we haven't had that for, oh, about 3 weeks now...

Haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Nutt's loose morals? After Ricky and Barny, aren't we still in need of some ethical rectitude? Nutt got tangled up in that messy text-message affair with some reporter, let alone the fact that he's just a slimy Southerner.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Nutt's loose morals? After Ricky and Barny, aren't we still in need of some ethical rectitude? Nutt got tangled up in that messy text-message affair with some reporter, let alone the fact that he's just a slimy Southerner.

It wasn't so much the affair that got us riled up, it was the fact that he was sending those messages minutes before kickoff of games from the sideline. And in those games we were out gameplanned and outcoached... our question was why is he texting when he clearly hasn't put any preparation into the gameplan?

you know something fusker? i find that i hate you less as this conference unwinding finalizes. that said, kiss my ass you red loving bastard. nutt and stinkoln would be a perfect fit: a talentless peacock and a fanbase of retards.

on the other hand, i am presuming that, unlike our hysterical innerwebz fan base, the actual decision-makers in the Buff coaching search don't have their heads up their own asses. they may have agendas, but they ain't stupid at houston nutt levels of stupid.

this whole thing makes me want to weep.

my great grandma used to read the national enquirer and believe nearly every word as gospel. our fan base apparently has the same critical reasoning skills with respect to the nutt rumor. at least my great grandma had a legit excuse... she was uneducated and lived on a ranch in a very sheltered world. what excuse do the innerwebz fans have?

i am dying. :rofl:

Good to know you can take it as well as give. it. Valdez is wise.

I'm right here... best case scenario if Nutt is hired is he comes in and gives the team a lift for a year or two, just like he did at AR and OM, but once his poor recruiting shows up it will all go down hill. He coaches like a Jr. High coach... just give the ball to your one stud over and over. At AR he had Matt Jones and then the McFadden/Jones/Hillis backfield. At OM he had McCluster. It will be bad news, he will be good for 6 wins a year, the occasional year with 8-9, and usually one big upset a year. CU will beat teams they shouldn't, and lose two or three headscratchers they have no business losing.

Hey...wait a minute..is this Nutt or Solich you speak of?

The problem though is this program needs a talent infusion. Nutt went in and cleaned up Danny Ford's **** and then went to Ole Miss and won with that fat guy's players. Now in his 3rd year he's in last place. This guy is not a good hire. We need a coach who can ATTRACT TALENT to the program.

1. The fat guy never won with the fat guy's players. Nutty guy did. Hmmm
2. Nutty Guy isn't winning while coaching at one of the worst programs in the best Conference the past 5 years.
3. Nutty Guy took said horrible team to Bowls they haven't been to in recent times.
4. Nutty Guy is responsible for reviving the one of the most used formations in CFB Wild(your team here).

[Those three guys would have been Razorbacks even if Gomer Pyle was the coach.

Well, near as I can tell..this isn't a bad place for CU to start. Keep the best instate and fill in with others. Colorado puts out plenty of good players each year if we can just close the border.

the guy won exactly 1 conference game this year....we already had a guy who could do that.

Nutt lost to Vanderbilt in Oxford.

and who did VaTech lose to at home this year? EVERYONE has a sucky game. How about Meatchicken in the Big house a year or 2 ago? NU almost to SDSu or Ball State in Lincoln...the list goes on and on.

I also heard he didn't want to give the ball to McFadden at first, kind of like he was at Ole Miss with McCluster... he can't recognize talent, and everyone knew McCluster was by far their best player at OM... Peyton Hillis was also a RB

I'm sure he wants out of Ole Miss... Dan Mullen is absolutely butchering him in recruiting in Mississippi

i'm not a huge colorado fan... Just here to see what people are saying... definately not an ole miss fan, but I've heard the same thing for years about him

I'll post some here.

First of all

1. Recruiting- he was a piss poor recruiter at Arkansas, and almost none of his recruits at Ole Miss have made an impact. At Arkansas, we had nightmarish attrition rates from most of our classes.

2. Inability to win big games-anytime Arkansas got close to that marquee win, we could never pull it out. Over 10 years being let down again and again was too much to handle.

3. Zero QB development- almost every QB that has played under Nutt has regressed after his first season. Clint Stoerner, Matt Jones, Casey Dick, Jevan Snead.

4. Unwillingness to hire good assistants- he has a core group he has kept together for a long time, since his days at Murray State... we called them the Murray State Mafia. They are part of the reason Gus Malzahn was run off from Arkansas. Those groups of coaches would call him "high school." Amongst other things, like Malzahn asking the defensive coaches to stop blitzing in practices so the offense could work on a couple of things, and the coaches blitzing anyway. Also, as discussed earlier about the inability to develop QBs, we maybe spent 10% of time in practice on the passing game.

5. Nightmarish playcalling- I could sit in the stands and call Arkansas' plays while he was the coach. He loved the draw on third and long. He never developed a good passing game. Oftentimes it was max protect with one receiver in a pattern. If we all knew what he was going to do, you can bet the opposing DC and defense did too. I can't remember which game in '07 it was, but a player from the other team was interviewed as saying they knew almost every time what we were going to run. No creativity, no keeping the defense off balance, just the same off tackle left, off tackle right, and either a draw play or a one man route on third and long.

6. Doesn't accept blame for his mistakes and instead throws players and coaches under the bus... but is the first to take credit for anything positive that happens.

7. Hugely egotistical... all coaches need to have an ego, but his takes precedence over the good of the program or the team.

8. Awful special teams play.

These are just a few of the things that are a problem.

He also lost to Jacksonville State... that's 2 games

and who did VaTech lose to at home this year? EVERYONE has a sucky game. How about Meatchicken in the Big house a year or 2 ago? NU almost to SDSu or Ball State in Lincoln...the list goes on and on.

Back