What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Houston playing like they know...

Kimberly Keenum is not hot.

Who the **** said she was?

110421casekeenum9pm_tmb0001_20110421220552_320_240.JPG

If any team in America could come back down 21 with one quarter left it would be Houston. That said, don't think it's going to happen, they can't come close to stopping Southern Miss.

If UH loses, does that assure Boyzee a BCS spot?

Good question, I don't think Boise is guaranteed a spot unless they are in the top 8 of the BCS standings. If that is the case I think there might be some other schools more attractive to the bowls as at-large candidates.

Good question, I don't think Boise is guaranteed a spot unless they are in the top 8 of the BCS standings. If that is the case I think there might be some other schools more attractive to the bowls as at-large candidates.
They are 7 now and technically 6th after this loss. They should get in GO BRONCOS!

Southern Miss looks like they've got better players. This is more than just one of those days when they're hot and Houston is off.

I think this is why Sumlin is getting out after this year. Last season, Keenum got hurt and Houston ended up at 5-7 after winning 10 games with Keenum in '09.

Keenum is graduating. There's just not much talent. They're in middle of C-USA except for the QB.

Southern Miss looks like they've got better players. This is more than just one of those days when they're hot and Houston is off.

I think this is why Sumlin is getting out after this year. Last season, Keenum got hurt and Houston ended up at 5-7 after winning 10 games with Keenum in '09.

Keenum is graduating. There's just not much talent. They're in middle of C-USA except for the QB.

This may be his best chance to move up to a higher profile program. You are right about Houston's future without Keenum.

If UH loses, does that assure Boyzee a BCS spot?

I think the only way Boise gets an auto-bid is if TCU loses, but I'm not sure. There are two ways to get an auto-bid as a non-AQ. (1) be the highest ranked non-AQ school and be in the top 12 of the BCS. That will be Boise. (2) Win your conference, be in the top-16 of the BCS, and be ranked higher than an AQ champion. This is going to likely be TCU if they win -- they are currently 18, but MSU and Wiscy are close (13 and 15), and one has to lose today, Georgia is likely to lose at 14, KSU is currently losing at 11, Baylor is at 17 and playing UT is no gimmie, WVU is the only ranked Big East team and at 23 is unlikely to pass TCU.

If TCU loses, then Boise snags the non-AQ autobid, but if TCU wins the question is which rule trumps the other, and I don't know. I would think the conference champion rule would trump the highest ranked rule.

I think the only way Boise gets an auto-bid is if TCU loses, but I'm not sure. There are two ways to get an auto-bid as a non-AQ. (1) be the highest ranked non-AQ school and be in the top 12 of the BCS. That will be Boise. (2) Win your conference, be in the top-16 of the BCS, and be ranked higher than an AQ champion. This is going to likely be TCU if they win -- they are currently 18, but MSU and Wiscy are close (13 and 15), and one has to lose today, Georgia is likely to lose at 14, KSU is currently losing at 11, Baylor is at 17 and playing UT is no gimmie, WVU is the only ranked Big East team and at 23 is unlikely to pass TCU.

If TCU loses, then Boise snags the non-AQ autobid, but if TCU wins the question is which rule trumps the other, and I don't know. I would think the conference champion rule would trump the highest ranked rule.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up TCU. The NCAA is nothing if not political, with TCU scheduled to join the Big 12 if there is any way to put them in front of the school that is not going they will figure it out.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up TCU. The NCAA is nothing if not political, with TCU scheduled to join the Big 12 if there is any way to put them in front of the school that is not going they will figure it out.

How would it be political? Just as Stanford doesn't get the Pac-12's autobid even though its ranked higher than Oregon, Boise shouldn't get an auto-bid if it can't win its own conference. TCU beat Boise on the field and won its conference, how would it be right for Boise to get in ahead of them?

How would it be political? Just as Stanford doesn't get the Pac-12's autobid even though its ranked higher than Oregon, Boise shouldn't get an auto-bid if it can't win its own conference. TCU beat Boise on the field and won its conference, how would it be right for Boise to get in ahead of them?

In the case of Stanford-Oregon it is designated by rule. I don't pretend to know the BCS selection rules but I know that the bowls have some room for discression if two or more at-large teams are involved and qualified. If Boise and TCU are both qualified does the rule specifically state the highest ranked or does it allow the bowl to pick from the qualified non-AQs?

We have already seen how the NCAA maintains a certain amount of judgement in terms of penalties, etc.. My question is did they bury in the regulations something that would let the bowls pick which school they want from the qualified. Wouldn't surprise me.

Southern mississippi has a bigger and more athletic dl than we do. Gotta recruit those southern boys for dl, especially at dt!

Ariz State looks very smart to withdraw from the Sumlin Debacle a few days ago. "Sorry, we want someone who will get his players ready to play for Big Games, and Big Home Games."

But the tamu's are extremely excited abut Sumlin. With his defensive genius and big-game prep-work, all the SEC is excited for the tamu's to get Sumlin, too.

Remember kids. The chamber of commerce wants the bowl that will bring the most fans into town. That's it

Remember kids. The chamber of commerce wants the bowl that will bring the most fans into town. That's it

I'm not disputing that. That will be relevant if there is no mechanism in place to decide between different non-AQ teams that each meet one of the "automatic" criteria. But, I'm assuming that the conference champ criteria trumps the top 12 criteria somewhere in the rules.

Sumlin will be a bust at whatever big gig he gets.... makes sense for him to go to aggie, all their coaches are busts.

Back