What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Houston vs TTech..

meh. im not real wild on the idea of houstons HC coming to colorado. no "wow" factor in it.

me thinks CU needs a "wow" hire.

You can be a successful college QB and not be an NFL QB..

I was talking more about TTech's QB accuracy (or lack of)

Yes I know, my point was with TT's system, their QB's rip **** up every year, but they are really just average QB's. Why can't CU do this with our average QB's?:sad2:

meh. im not real wild on the idea of houstons HC coming to colorado. no "wow" factor in it.

me thinks CU needs a "wow" hire.

I don't think CU can get a "wow" hire.

BTW, for the Sumlin haters, will your opinion of him change if he beats TT two good Big 12 south teams in a row and then goes the rest of the season undefeated? After winning 7 games last year?

Yes I know, my point was with TT's system, their QB's rip **** up every year, but they are really just average QB's. Why can't CU do this with our average QB's?:sad2:

Klingsbury, Harrell and the other guy who's name escapes me at the moment weren't exactly bums.. They were legit college QB's.

This guy TTech has right now is probably the worse of Leach's QB's from what I've seen of him.

CU will be paying off TWO former football coaches in 6 months. The only way they get a "wow" hire is if they hire Dave Logan and everybody says "Wow, who the hell is that?"

Klingsbury, Harrell and the other guy who's name escapes me at the moment weren't exactly bums.. They were legit college QB's.

This guy TTech has right now is probably the worse of Leach's QB's from what I've seen of him.

No, TT's style, you would think they would make good pro QB's.

what the hell is the difference? no.

Kelly won a conference title and went to the Orange Bowl with Cincinnati and is on his way to do it again.

He's won championships at different level as a coach..

I think he's a big time coach.. Cincinnati will be lucky to keep him around after this year.

How about Patterson from TCU?

Kelly won a conference title and went to the Orange Bowl with Cincinnati and is on his way to do it again.

I think he's a big time coach.. Cincinnati will be lucky to keep him around after this year.

Look at my last question and answer it. Because your answer should be yes by this logic.

Rather than CU hiring "the latest thing" I would rather Bohn go out and find somebody who has been a coordinator FOREVER and has a proven record of success, hopefully at MULTIPLE schools.

Then hire him.

Rather than CU hiring "the latest thing" I would rather Bohn go out and find somebody who has been a coordinator FOREVER and has a proven record of success, hopefully at MULTIPLE schools.

Then hire him.

This is assuming Bohn knows what he's doing.. His track record of hiring football coaches isn't great.. Plus its a world of who you know.. I see Bohn looking around the Big 12 assistants instead of traveling the country for ones in the SEC, ACC or Pac 10..

This is assuming Bohn knows what he's doing.. His track record of hiring football coaches isn't great.. Plus its a world of who you know.. I see Bohn looking around the Big 12 assistants instead of traveling the country for ones in the SEC, ACC or Pac 10..

He's hired one football HC

I don't think you can fault Bohn for the Hawkins hire. Hawkins was 50-11 or something when CU hired him. There may have been some who were not convinced by Hawkins' credentials (given the school he was at) but there wasn't any question that he was 100% qualified for the job.

neither excite me. they just seem like hawk part II to me. perhaps im jaded from this experience but, that is how i see it.

plus, i dont see hiring a coach from Cincin as a splash/or what ever i called it on the last page.

its just taking another coach from a lesser conference and hoping he knows how to play big boy ball.

dont get me wrong. im not trying to say you are wrong or that i have all of the answers. i clearly dont. its just my gut feeling on the matter.

if im going to take a chance, i would like to take a chance on a guy like heater out of florida.

im sure there are a lot of holes that can be shot in that idea but, i like that more than a guy out of cincin.

ymmv. what can i tell ya.

My formula would be to find a coordinator who has a reputation as a great recruiter.

Prediction: Texas Tech's D-Coordinator dies of heat exhaustion before the game ends.

Back