What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How about Major to Saftey?

dply

Doble hoja
Club Member
And replace Mahnke. I think Major has much better speed and needs to be on the field.

Polk already has more experience there, just moving someone mid season who has practiced in one position isnt the answer. Give Polk time.

I like Polk. let's give him a chance to grow into the position.

Safety play as a whole was horrible yesterday. At least two of those long Devine runs were a result of Burney over-running the play. He and Polk both have the talent needed at the position, but a lifetime at other positions handicaps them both from what I have seen.

He and Polk both have the talent needed at the position, but a lifetime at other positions handicaps them both from what I have seen.

Dizon was recruited as a running back. He turned out alright. Polk was a CB until his Jr year when he converted to TB.

Dizon was recruited as a running back. He turned out alright. Polk was a CB until his Jr year when he converted to TB.

There are lots of guys who transition well to other positions from what they played in HS. However, if you paid attention to Polk against CSU, you saw he blew a lot of coverages. I'd chalk that up to difficulting transitioning.

There are lots of guys who transition well to other positions from what they played in HS. However, if you paid attention to Polk against CSU, you saw he blew a lot of coverages. I'd chalk that up to difficulting transitioning.

I dont blame it on the position he played in High School, though.

I don't see the problem with using Major as a saftey in a John Lynch type fashion. Major has the speed to cover select WR's and most TE's and RB's. I don't think it would be a huge difference in the way he already plays LB.

Plus this guy is a beast in waiting but I don't know which LB I'd remove to start him.

And replace Mahnke. I think Major has much better speed and needs to be on the field.

Safety is a tough position to just 'pick up'. Major is going to be a GREAT linebacker. Don't know if we'd want to move him out of that position on the off chance that he might work out at safety. Polk has plenty of speed and agression (a little too agressive sometimes). He just hasn't figured out what he's doing back there yet.

If anything, I'd say let Major start sharing more time with Smart with an eye to him being the full-time starter by the end of the year.

How about Major starting at LB so we can get some speed in that position at least. I like Smart and he made a nice tackle on Devine, but I think it'd be better for the future if Major and Rippy played a lot more.

Back