1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How absolutely ****ed did Missouri get?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffslax2, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Buffslax2

Buffslax2 Member

dear God i actually feel sorry for them, kansas getting in

Illinois? really guys?

2. DustyRhodes

DustyRhodes Active Member

I bet tufftiger is taking this pretty hard.

3. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

Well then they should have won last night.

4. Bama Charlie

Bama Charlie Well-Known Member

Good Post! :thumbsup:

5. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

and ku gets in by eating cupcakes in front of the tv?

6. buffwoman526

No, that is just their coach.

I'm not defending the KU/MU saga, but Mizzou had the chance to get to the MNC game last night. They failed. I don't feel sorry for them.

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Exactly.

If you want to talk about a team getting screwed, how about Arizona State? They deserved it over both KU and Illinois.

8. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I don't give a rat's ass which of the two cow humper teams got into the BCS. I'm just glad one of them did so we can start counting that extra cash... :thumbsup:

9. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

This is another example of how flawed the BCS is. If you do not play for your conference title but are pretty good you can benefit from an at-large spot. If you are pretty good but lose your conference title then you get the Holiday or Cotton or even the Texas Bowl. The best place if you cannot win the conference is to not even play for the title ala Georgia and Kansas.

10. Jens1893

thats a good point. it is a little odd that a poor big 11 gets to send 2 teams to the bcs and the much better pac 10 only gets to send one. until dixon got hurt, the pac 10 was the third best conference in the nation this season, at least until dixon got hurt.

11. CarolinaBuff

That's one of the problems I've always had with these conference championship games, that teams get penalized for getting there and losing, whereas teams that don't even make it to the CCG make out better. :huh:

My biggest problem with the BCS is this dumbass rule that no more than 2 teams from any 1 conference can go to a BCS bowl. Sure, let's penalize the best conferences and reward the weaker ones.

12. buffwoman526

Only way you can get the major conferences to buy into the system.

It is definitely time for a change.

13. CarolinaBuff

Why? Each of the 6 major conferences still has their one guaranteed bid. This rule makes zero sense and often eliminates some of the better teams from BCS games.

14. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Playoff system..... do it...... NOW!!!!!

15. Jens1893

the bcs doesnt care whether your team is any good, they want to sell tickets, get ratings and make money. see the notre dame clause.

16. CarolinaBuff

True, and that's why ND always gets these undeserving BCS bids, but the fact that only 2 teams from a given conference are allowed to get into BCS games isn't tied to selling tickets.

17. buffwoman526

I agree. I think that in order to ensure the conferences get the auto-bid, they had to agree to this rule. There have been years where an entire conference probably shouldn't have been in a BCS game...I'm thinking a few years ago when pitt played utah. But in order to ensure the money that comes from the BCS games, the major conferences were forced to agree to the rule. Who knows when a certain conference sucks so bad they don't even get in?

18. west coast

west coast Guest

this is getting to good, they already have an inferiority complex, 5th down ,the nebraska catch, and now their team of destiny gets smoked in front of everyone and they miss out. I love it.

19. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Yep, just like when KSU had their shot and A&M beat them in the title game.

20. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Maybe Chase Daniel can talk some BCS smack for the next month before they lay an egg in the Holiday Bowl (or wherever they're playing).

I would bet against MU in this bowl game.

21. CarolinaBuff

Now THAT was good! :lol:

22. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

i would love to see all the top ten teams earn a bcs bid.

that is not the way the system works. mizzou knew from before the first whistle of the b12cg that if they were going to go to a bcs bowl at all, they HAD to win. they had the mnc lined up for the taking.

but you have to win the game. i feel as sorry for them as i did for usc when the trees took em out. as for michigan when appy state took the win. as sorry as i did for the sooners the day the buffs stormed the field. upsets happen. instead of running mouth, they needed to ensure a game plan that would work.

23. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

I guess this is what Mizzou gets for burning down Lawrence. Well at least they can consul in us about getting screwed by the BCS. It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault, It's not your fault.

But then again bowl money is bowl money and we gots some.

24. CarolinaBuff

That would really be ideal, but to satisfy the 6 BCS conferences what they should do is take the 6 conference champions and the remaining 4 BCS slots would to go to the 4 highest-ranked remaining teams. As it turns out, that would happen to be the top 10 teams in this year's final BCS standings. :smile2: The only difference would be Missouri would be in and Illinois would be out.

But the very best part about this rule is would eliminate ND from getting these undeserving BCS bids year in and year out. :thumbsup:

25. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Sucks for Mizzou, considering they went 2-2 against BCS teams this year. It's just that one of the losses came at a very bad time. But being passed over for 2 at-large teams they defeated this year has got to hurt like a mother. Especially since KU didn't end up playing OU in the Fiesta, a situation that clearly wouldn't work with MU... :huh:

26. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

ahhhh come on whining about 2 loss mizzwho.... I still say the Jayhawks, over the season, were the better team except for one Saturday. If any team got screwed it was KU. The only other 1 loss team from a BCS conference that didnt play in a conference title game is playing in the Superdome for the crystal.....

27. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

yep. i agree with that. weak schedule and all, both ku and hawaii had better claims to the game than lsu with 2 losses. and i generally have great disdain for the non-bcs conference teams.

28. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Agree - wonder why Nodree Dame is not in BCS bowl; I pull for B12 in bowl season; I think Mizzou got royal f****ed; but that said hope KU reps the b12 in a big way

29. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Speaking of Notre Dame.. what bowl are they going to?:lol:

30. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

mizzou got screwed worse than rain is tough the most....big time!

i too feel bad for them....KU does not deserve the BCS bid over them.....neither does Illinois.

with all of the 1 and 2 loss teams this year...how great would a playoff be right about now?