What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How absolutely ****ed did Missouri get?

mizzou got screwed worse than rain is tough the most....big time!

i too feel bad for them....KU does not deserve the BCS bid over them.....neither does Illinois.

with all of the 1 and 2 loss teams this year...how great would a playoff be right about now?

Mizzou deserved a BCS bid over both Illinois and KU. Mizzou beat KU and played a much tougher schedule, and it's plain as day that they should have gotten the bid over Illinois, but there's that ridiculous rule about no more than 2 teams from a conference can get a BCS bid.

Ideally Mizzou should have been in and Illinois out. But given the current setup with the dumbass 2-team rule, Mizzou and Arizona State should be in, and KU and Illinois should be out.

Johnson and Johnson is the real winner here. Imagine how much KY got sold in the screwing of the whole state of MO.

you know what's really ****ing twisted about this is that Mizzou is very good, I can't believe how good Okie played to beat them and for that matter I wonder what they were smoking that day in Boulder. Their size is ridiculous. I thought Mizzou was gonna win it all, now their playing a no win situation. I'm smiling.

if Mizzou is 6 and Kansas is 8, how come Kansas got it over Mizzou? I thought the top 6 are auto in unless 3 teams are from one conference.

if Mizzou is 6 and Kansas is 8, how come Kansas got it over Mizzou? I thought the top 6 are auto in unless 3 teams are from one conference.

Top 4 are auto (Top 8 for ND), rest is totally up to the Bowl committees.

the bowl selections must have gone like this

1 rose (for losing #1 osu) - illinois
2 sugar (for losing #2 lsu) - georgia
3 orange - kansas
4 fiesta - west virginia
5 sugar - hawaii

Why? Each of the 6 major conferences still has their one guaranteed bid. This rule makes zero sense and often eliminates some of the better teams from BCS games.

As with almost everything in the BCS (and bowls in general) it comes down to money. Schools (and conferences) get a buttload of cash for sending teams to a BCS bowl. If a conference or two take up three places in the BCS bowls that's less money for the other conferences. There is no way that this rule will change.

Everyone should remember that bowls are about money and not much else. Getting the most deserving teams into each game is way down on the list.

I was thinking about checking into Tigerboard.com, but I figure that they have all commited hari-kari at this point and the tumbleweeds are blowing around the joint right about now.:lol:

Although I can sympathize, as the 94 Cu team was so talented, but the one loss to NU just ****ed up our season. Although the bowl Gods did offer up a sacraficial lamb in the Domers, which, if you can't finish a season winning a MNC, then going out beating the snot out of the Domers might be a close second best.:thumbsup:

I was hoping they'd win the CCG but only because they were the North team.

Other than that I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.:smile2:
they ere fu***ed proper fu**ked

Remember bowl money is shared with the conference teams - the more they make the more Buffs get - go Tigers Go Jayhawks Go Ou Go Lahnghurns - now pay up

I was thinking about checking into Tigerboard.com, but I figure that they have all commited hari-kari at this point and the tumbleweeds are blowing around the joint right about now.:lol:

they´re calling for a fedex boycott

they´re calling for a fedex boycott

thats not all that they are doing... :wow:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=5160086

From: BransonMoTiger MU Just "reserved" 99 OB tickets from KU's website.. plenty of tickets available. Posted On: December 4, 2007 at 20:11:57 CT

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=5160133

From: Tigerick MU So should everyone here go reserve 400 tickets and then drop them later on or what? Posted on December 4, 2007 at 20:22:48 CT

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=5160090

From: Bill Quantrill MU So we're "holding" them for the time limit so they can't be purchased? Brilliant! I hope you're choosing "best available". LOL

thats not all that they are doing... :wow:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=5160086

From: BransonMoTiger MU Just "reserved" 99 OB tickets from KU's website.. plenty of tickets available. Posted On: December 4, 2007 at 20:11:57 CT

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=5160133

From: Tigerick MU So should everyone here go reserve 400 tickets and then drop them later on or what? Posted on December 4, 2007 at 20:22:48 CT

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=5160090

From: Bill Quantrill MU So we're "holding" them for the time limit so they can't be purchased? Brilliant! I hope you're choosing "best available". LOL

What a bunch of pussies. Now I have a rational reason for my irrational hatred of Mizzou. Their fans are asshats.

What a bunch of pussies. Now I have a rational reason for my irrational hatred of Mizzou. Their fans are asshats.

if you needed another reason, mizzou spirit squad were leading their fans while sooners were injured on the field.

huskers did that last year, though longer and with more intensity.

have people lost all sense of decency that they think it is okay to say "yay" when someone is hurt??? what's up with that? :huh:

f*ch em... Sooners beat em twice, 2nd time worse than the 1st... Kansas is a one loss team. Mizzou officials and teams had to know before hand the loser went to the Cotton Bowl. They didnt man-up so enjoy dallas on 10:30 on New Years day. I hope it is like 5 degees here...

but a balmy 72 in shreveport of course.....

Just add one more year that Gary Pinkel and the Mizzou Tigers started the season off hot and choked at the end... had to see it coming people!

Back