What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How big is the Utah game?

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
IMO there's a pretty significant difference between:
2-10 (winless in-conf)
3-9 (1 conf win)

Plus we head into next season with a win.

A lot bigger than I thought it would be. Some of the shine has come off the progress we saw last month.

I hope they pull it off. It would be pretty huge IMO. Need a conference win, need to go into the off season on a uptick and then get healthy and bigger.

Huge game in my mind. You don't want to end the season winless in conference. I don't care how bad you are. Let's get it done!

Big for fans and probably players alike; we could all really use some positive momentum heading into the off-season.

A taste of victory would linger all off-season long.

I don't think it makes any difference at all. Recall our road victory at Utah in the last game of the year a few years ago under Embree?

Pathetic that we think that think 3-9 is significantly better than 2-10. Comical, bitches.

I don't think it makes any difference at all. Recall our road victory at Utah in the last game of the year a few years ago under Embree?

Pathetic that we think that think 3-9 is significantly better than 2-10. Comical, bitches.
Where is your holiday spirit bitch?

Where is your holiday spirit bitch?

it was completely lost during a Thanksgiving weekend a year before Danny Doosh was finally fired. There was a groundswell among Buff fans that he needed to go. When he wasn't **** canned, I knew we were completely ****ed for years to come. Holiday spirit? Did someone say holiday spirit?

Of course it makes a difference

it was completely lost during a Thanksgiving weekend a year before Danny Doosh was finally fired. There was a groundswell among Buff fans that he needed to go. When he wasn't **** canned, I knew we were completely ****ed for years to come. Holiday spirit? Did someone say holiday spirit?
I hope you or the Mrs. already went shopping.

Always leave CU season ticket holders wanting more.

Nobody will argue 2-10 versus 3-9 makes one bit of difference in getting to a bowl, which was the stated goal this season.

But watching the departing seniors sing the fight song at the base of the student section with their teammate as their parting gesture to their supporters at Folsom Field would be a bittersweet ending to an otherwise frustrating season.

Always leave CU season ticket holders wanting more.

Nobody will argue 2-10 versus 3-9 makes one bit of difference in getting to a bowl, which was the stated goal this season.

But watching the departing seniors sing the fight song at the base of the student section with their teammate as their parting gesture to their supporters at Folsom Field would be a bittersweet ending to an otherwise frustrating season.

Hey...I agree that it will be great to see a win. Just saying that it will make no difference in the future success of the team.

That was brutal. I remember the infamous Bohn Hawaii trip and that the announcement was supposedly pending until he returned. The team had completely quit on Hawk. Still don't understand why it didn't happen, but you are absolutely right about it setting us further back. Kind of like lack of oxygen. You can do alright for awhile, but then you start losing function, prolong too much and you have brain damage. Unfortunately, that last year was prolonging the need for fresh air in the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irrelevant -when evaluating Hawkintrye , wins and losses don't matter. They won't be relevant next year either. Bad recruiting is not relevant either in his case. It's all about having a coach CU fans can relate to and like. Most imporantly, he's not JE so that makes all the fluffers of Hawkintyre feel very good.

Last edited:
20120315__benson%20distefano_500.jpg

Keeping Hawk an extra year hurt, but hiring Embree was worse, IMO. Think about where we would probably be had we hired McElwain instead of Embree.

Put in other terms, it wasn't keeping Hawkins an extra year that set the program back so far, it was who they eventually replaced him with.

Mac and staff have done great keeping the players pushing through adversity. So win or loss the buffs will ready to play next year. But, a win would make the staffs job motivating the team much easier and more importantly it would be huge for recruiting. We are putting together a good under rated class. We need to win a few of the higher rated recruiting battles too. Winning at least 1 conference game would help sell the program.

"they always remember how you finish"

If we can beat Utah, which is a big if at this point, it will pay dividends in current recruiting. Perhaps even Donovan's brother.....

Program needs another boost up here.

Why would it be big? It will be nice for the players and fans but I don't see it as big....3-9 versus 2-10 makes little difference in the minds of recruits.

Back