What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How deep is your Hawk hatred?

If Hawk wins 10 games in 2010, do you still want him fired?

• Total voters

SJBuff

Club Member
Club Member
A lot of people want Hawk fired today but since we can't have that right now they are counting the days until we can fire him next season.

But what if next season things changed, would your stance on Hawk change? As a what if scenario, let's say that Hawk wins 10 games next year, do you still want him gone after 2010?

(And save the "it aint going to happen" comments, the likelihood of the scenario is irrelevant. The point of the poll is to see if you hate hawk so much that you want him gone regardless of his results.)

Last edited:
It would be nice to live in a vacuum. Unfortunately I live in reality. Hawkins can't win on the road, and gets regularly beaten at home -- the very idea of him winning 10 games is completely foreign.

I would pick #2 and would actually go a step further. If he wins 10 games next season, I would say he would be in line for a contract extension if 2011 success was similar.

I am definitely a 1! I can not stand the guy and have a party planned for the day he is finally shoved out the door!

Door #1,,,,****ins is an asshat...we are irrelevant and being laughed at on national TV (see college gameday this morning) **** Hawkins...**** Bohn....**** DiStefano!!

i've tried to like the guy and wanted to believe he stands for all the right things even with the minor annoyance of talking about himself WAY too much from Day 1. However, his behavior and nonsensical interpretations of his own situation at Colorado over the last month or so have made me really sour on the guy as a person.

additionally, i don't believe in him as a football coach. at all. i hoped we'd go a new direction.

It's a pretty simple question. I don't know why some of you guys can't answer it. I can only assume you're in Group 1 if you can't even entertain the idea of having a breakout season next year. Remember 2001? We'd gone 7-5 in 1999 and then 3-8 in 2000. 2001 was a 10 win season that included a Big 12 Championship. It happens like that and we've got an example this decade.

btw, I teeter between groups 2 and 3 but lean strongly to 3. Sometimes Hawkins says things that piss me off. But I do believe he's a good man. And I buy into the theory that he's adopted that 100% positivity all the time philosophy... and that this is what prevents him from saying that our coaching was awful after a loss (while causing him to make statements about being only 10 plays away from going to a bowl this year). He definitely feels responsible and accountable, and the losing is obviously killing him, because all you have to do is look at him now versus 4 years ago and it's as bad as most US Presidents age over a term in office.

It's a pretty simple question. I don't know why some of you guys can't answer it. I can only assume you're in Group 1 if you can't even entertain the idea of having a breakout season next year. Remember 2001? We'd gone 7-5 in 1999 and then 3-8 in 2000. 2001 was a 10 win season that included a Big 12 Championship. It happens like that and we've got an example this decade.

i'm only quoting this part, but i think that's a good post buffnik. in 2001 we had a HC who had proven he could win a BCS conference. Hawkins hasn't proven he can win at this level week-in, week-out....or beat teams of equal talent and has a sack-full of losses to teams of lesser talent. to me, that's a big difference insofar as allocating "faith" as a fan.

I don't think there's a fit for me in those options.

I kinda like #2, except that he didn't get the job done. If he gets the job done in year 5 (which to me means 8+ wins, and yes, I've seen the brutal schedule), then fine, keep him around for another year.

I kinda like #3 because I used to like him, but the more he's talked lately, the more I've moved out of the category of liking him. I generally can't stand to hear the bs excuses.

I just want the Buffs to win, if that means Hawk stays around, fine. I'd rather have a coach in here that I like, but that doesn't matter if we can win (unlikely as that seems)

if he wins 10 games, he's earned himself another year even though I really want him gone. However, its a safe bet he will get no where near 10 games, so I dont have to worry about this fantasy becoming reality.

In fact, I wanted him gone last year, and right now I'll prob only watch games after I tivo them and if CU wins, based on 4 years of Squawkins there wont be too many of those next season. :sad2:

Last edited:
#2. Can't stand to see/hear the ****er at this point. If he wins 10 though, can't begrudge him. I should add that I think the possibility of 10 wins happening is really, really far out there. That's wandering into DBT territorry. I'd want to see the unicorn before I'd put any belief behind that.

DH is not Mac, or even GB. Those kind of comparisons are beyond ludicrous. He's a poor man's Ricky Slickpants. Had his one decent season with someone else's players. Then wrecked the program. Then pointed fingers at others for it being wrecked. Then badmouths the university he's supposed to be representing. What a ****ing pantload this guy is.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I just want him gone. With the nepotism, the way he's treated Hansen, the issues with kids leaving. And then there's him. A total ****tard devoid of any personal sense of responsibility. Uses his press conferences to publicly **** on CU. Get him the **** out of my sight.

Last edited:
****ty choices. I went with the third because its about the closest. There are things about Hawkins' personality that anoy me and to say he is back on track is a stretch. A big stretch. However, I've seen enough the last two games to think next year has a good chance of being a lot better. So there! :sad2:

What did they say on Gameday?

Gameday was a follows:
Desmond snickered about retaining Hawkins and Kirk laughed to Fowler. Nice to be laughed at on national tv. But I guess after this season we are used to being the laughed at.

F'n pisses me off.

There are things about Hawk that I like, but every day that wavers. I bought an Intramurals shirt because it looked like he was a hardass and was passionate about the program. I regret buying that shirt now.

The guy simply does not take any responsibility for his gameday coaching or that of his staff. It's pathetic. He's this >< close to throwing the school and University under the bus. His coaching staff couldn't coach themselves out of a paper bag.

I'd love for Hawk to prove me wrong, but at this point there is no way I could even fathom him winning close games unless the other coach on the far sideline has a brain fart. The inability to win close games and to put teams away (OSU with a 3rd stringer at QB compared to Barry Sanders?? Are you ****ing kidding me) means I have no faith in him anymore.

There is no option for "Hawk can be personable, but can also be a dip****. I hope he turns it around here, but I have no hope."

I picked #2.

Until he has a winning career coaching record at CU, I won't be able to get excited about him as our coach.

The choices are not deep enough hatred for me to choose. I have seen him release shades of his real personality. He's a scumbag.

AAAAAARGGGHH!! I read the question wrong. Missed the part about winning 10 games next year. If you're asking now, I say #1. Under the hypothetical, I would say #2...

Umm wait, what the hell job did he get done our team gpa? Another year of what? 3-9? He wont last that long, if we start 0-2, I think they will fire him and rightfully so, sorry DBT.

Oops I missed it too. However, we will never win 10 games with Captain Caprisun so my vote is the same.

I find it hard to believe that, but I really hope they bring in some new personnel on special teams and offense.

If they bring in new coaches, and win 10 games, I will most likely attribute the turn around to them, versus Hawkin's "buddies"

I missed the in 2010 part as well.. I voted #2. If hell freezes over and we pull out 10 wins, I'm all for him coming back for another year. I'll say we'll be lucky to win half that amount and then it's definitely #1.

Yep...win 10 games and all of his incompetencies are forgotten. That is not happening.....

Back