1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did these third-class football programs vault over us?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Come on....Cincy, TCU, W Virginia, Utah, Boise St., and on and on and on....

Coach Mac set this thing up beautifully in the early 1990s, and now we are sucking wind. Who in 1994 would have ever predicted we would be where we are now?

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I don't know that we were all that different than West Virgina(I believe we have a similar type program) but the rest I agree with..

ITS CALLED COACHING AND RECRUITING.

3. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Its called the NCAA reducing scholarships from 100 to 85.

Thats 180 big 12, 180 SEC, 150 Pac 10, 165 Big 10. 180 ACC, and 150 Big East caliber players playing somewhere else. Roughly 1000 players that *might* have attended a school in one of the major conferences no has to go somewhere else.

Kind of sucks when the other members stuck in the "have not" crowd of the non BCS schools keep getting left out. They chop block you. I believe the walk on limitation was also part of that effort.

4. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

And they have better coaching, as least for the present.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

And past. The real collapse came under Barnett's watch and the scandal and its ramifications were brutal on recruiting. Hawk's doing a great job of changing the perception of the program nationwide, but I'm sure he still has to battle reputation the program earned under Barnett's watch.

6. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I don't buy this. There have been schools that have gone through major scandals and recovered immediately - Alabama comes to mind. We aren't Alabama, I understand that, but I really don't believe that an overblown scandal is going to prevent players from coming to play football here.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It took Bama quite a while to recover from the major probation they received in the late 90s/early 00s. Even the big-time programs have trouble with major scandals.

8. GreeleyBuff

GreeleyBuff New Member

how about admissions and 1 year contracts on assistances??

9. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I'd love a one contract for assistances. Sweet. :smile2:

10. JeffCOBuff

JeffCOBuff Member

I bet all of those schools don't have egghead Administrators that hate the football program. The Administration did not do the program any favors in the way they reacted to the "scandal". We need to get Gordon Gee back in Boulder.

11. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I watched the 1st half of the Cincy game last night... was a fun team to watch

12. Dunken

Dunken Member

I disagree, CU's scandals hit the media hard and was all over the news for a long time. And when the finger is being pointed at your coach, you bet it will hurt recruiting.